• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning Crossover

Wondering if anyone on here has one, and which model. Researching for my first O/U and wanted to get an opinion from those who have been shooting one. Thanks.

I've got a current model Citori CX (the current version of the crossover) and I love it. Excellent quality for the price. It will do any of the shotguns sports well, but it's not really specialized for any of them. My typical scores average about 23 for trap and 18 for skeet, but I don't shoot a lot of skeet.

Make sure what ever you get fits you properly, and I always recommend shooting it before you buy it. In my case the Citori CX fit me well out of the box, but the pitch wasn't quite right I got a little cheek slap when shooting trap. I adjusted the pitch of the stock, the problem went away, and I've been loving it ever since. Just have to get around to sanding down the positive pitch spacer to match the stock better.

If you want to try it out, I'm usually at the trap fields at Southborough Rod & Gun Thursday evenings, and occasionally Sunday afternoons.

Last edited:
It is a solid gun for it's price point and a good choice for an all around clay target gun.

Like most off the shelf guns, they are built for "the average guy", so if you fit that description there is probably no reason that a Crossover Target wouldn't fit you with no more than minor adjustments.

I have one with 30" barrels that was bought as a back up gun, I added an adjustable comb to it, you're welcome to shoot it if you travel to my club in Sharon, MA.

Thanks to both of you. I would definitely appreciate the chance to shoot it. I'm of average built so I think most likely will fit me. I have just been torn about whether or not I should think about a dedicated Trap gun, but I do like Skeet as well. Just can't afford to buy two guns at this time. The other choice I have been contemplating is the Beretta 686 SP Sporting in 30".

The Beretta is an excellent gun as well. Try both and see what fits better. You honestly can't go wrong with a "B" gun when it comes to quality, especially in an O/U.

The Beretta is an excellent gun as well. Try both and see what fits better. You honestly can't go wrong with a "B" gun when it comes to quality, especially in an O/U.

Yes, I'm trying to find someone who has it and willing to let me mount it or even shoot it. Joel Etchen has a good price on the Browning plus $100 rebate.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm trying to find someone who has it and willing to let me mount it or even shoot it. Joel Etchen has a good price on the Browning plus $100 rebate.

Not sure where you're located, but Holliston Firearms is a registered Browning dealer. I bought my CX there and Mark still had them in stock the last time I checked.

Also if you're looking to get one cheap and willing to wait for it, Cabela's has them on sale, backorderable and shipped to the store for pickup and final transfer. http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...citori-crossover-shotgun/2286480.uts?slotId=0

Not sure where you're located, but Holliston Firearms is a registered Browning dealer. I bought my CX there and Mark still had them in stock the last time I checked.

Also if you're looking to get one cheap and willing to wait for it, Cabela's has them on sale, backorderable and shipped to the store for pickup and final transfer. http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...citori-crossover-shotgun/2286480.uts?slotId=0

Wow, that is an excellent price. I might actually do that. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom