Browning Buck Mark - Welcome to a new member of the "family"...

jkerm3

NES Member
I just brought it home @ 9.5" & 34oz. Browning Buck Mark Camper URX.

I haven't shot it yet but it has great balance, nice grip, and it feels solid overall. I am hoping to get to the range this weekend to try it out and will report back with results. I haven't seen too many of these on NES compared to the Ruger Marks and S&W Victory so I figure another option to share couldn't hurt.

For anyone interested Browning has a $50 rebate that ends on July 15 to sweeten the deal.

IMG_1661.jpg IMG_1663.jpg IMG_1664.jpg IMG_1665.jpg

I have one of these which I bought a few months ago. I really like it, it has been a very reliable and accurate gun. I did replace the iron sights with Williams Fire Sights. I hope you like your new Browning as much as I do.

Nice! I came close to buying the same gun about a year ago but ended up with a used mark iii that I could not pass on. They are supposed to be excellent guns. Enjoy!

Best stock trigger in the .22 market and more accurate than my ruger. I have tried all different types of ammo and just eats everything.

Have fun with your browning

Back around 2001, My wife and I shot Bullseye competitions. I had a Hi-Std Citation, with muzzle brake, Herrett adjustable grips, a rail and Aimpoint, and a trigger redone by a 'smith who used to build the Hi-Std 10X guns.
My wife shot a stock Buckmark Target version with a Millet red dot--she came close to embarrassing me on several occasions.
The Buckmarks are a very under rated pistol.

Congratulations. I have one too and love it. Very accurate, sweet trigger and a blast to shoot. Have fun!

I used to have the Buckmark Camper, I really liked the balance of that pistol and the trigger was very good.

I had two annoyances with it, one was that the way the slide worked it tended to blow some burnt powder back more than the
Ruger pistols. And also, in cold weather, the slide seemed to stick a little, I never figured out why.

But over all its a fabulous .22!

I would add that the Buckmark and the Smith & Wesson Victory are very similar. For anyone who is considering either gun I want to point out two advantage that the Victory has. First is a very easy takedown (there is a video on the S&W website) that allows you to take apart & clean the gun very thoroughly. The Buckmark is not supposed to be disassembled except by a gunsmith. Second is that the Victory comes with fiber optic sights standard. The Buckmark comes with iron sights. When I bought my Buckmark I don't think the Victory was on the market yet. I have never shot a Victory and I still really like my Buckmark so I don't think I will switch but I did want to point out these differences.

I would add that the Buckmark and the Smith & Wesson Victory are very similar. For anyone who is considering either gun I want to point out two advantage that the Victory has. First is a very easy takedown (there is a video on the S&W website) that allows you to take apart & clean the gun very thoroughly. The Buckmark is not supposed to be disassembled except by a gunsmith. Second is that the Victory comes with fiber optic sights standard. The Buckmark comes with iron sights. When I bought my Buckmark I don't think the Victory was on the market yet. I have never shot a Victory and I still really like my Buckmark so I don't think I will switch but I did want to point out these differences.

The Buck Mark seems pretty easy to take down. Three screws and the barrel comes right off. Each grip panel has one screw so getting into the frame doesn't seem too bad either. The URX model I have came standard with the fiber optic front sight. The basic Camper UFX has iron sights.

The URX was about $50 more than the S&W after the $50 Browning rebate ($100 more on average). I did check out the Victory too but for me I liked the balance and feel of the Browning better. Either way I think both are good options.

Back
Top Bottom