• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning 1922

It's been sitting in my uncles basement a few states away for a long time. Thanks to my C&R I was finnaly able to get ahold of it. It's a little rough on the outside but all the internals are perfect.

Last edited:
If the WaA inspection code on the holster is D20, here are manufacturers that used that inspector.

D20

-Star Bonifacio, Echeverria S.A., Eibar, Spanien : (Star B pistolen)

-Unceta Y Compania S.A., Guernica, Spanien : (Astra 300 pistolen)

-Manufactures d'Armes des Pyrénées, Hendaye, Frankreich (Unique)

-Manufactures d'Armes de Bayonne, Bayonne, Frankreich (MAB)

JT

Anyone have any secrets on how to get some of the spotty surface oxidation off?

00 fine steel wool and Break Free or Kroil. Spray a small piece of the steel wool with the oil and rub the areas affected.
Just be sure to get all the steel wool fibers off afterwards. and give it a wipe down with a clean rag sprayed lightly with oil.
I cleaned up an Argentine Mauser that way that had some pretty bad splotches of rust on it. Rifle's bluing looked almost brand new when I was done and the rust hasn't come back after a year.

Nice pickup Dev!

0000 steel wool and Breakfree is the ticket. DO NOT use any commercial "rust removers" that contain acid. These will remove the bluing so fast it'll make your head spin. That goes for any acidic "home brew" rust removers like Coca Cola, vinegar, etc.

When you get it cleaned up, bring it down to the range. I'll bring my CZ27, Colt 1903, and Beretta 1935 and we'll have a .32ACP shoot-off.

However, if you were the one that was at the range shooting Amerc .32 ACP, you're not feeding it well. Amerc is the worst ammo ever - I won't even save the brass. I've had the best luck with S&B.

Nice pickup Dev!

Thanks.

When you get it cleaned up, bring it down to the range. I'll bring my CZ27, Colt 1903, and Beretta 1935 and we'll have a .32ACP shoot-off.

Sounds like a plan.

However, if you were the one that was at the range shooting Amerc .32 ACP, you're not feeding it well.

Wasn't I.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom