Brownell Retro Colt 4X21 Handle Scope

Brownell's is shipping their exact copy of the old Colt 4X21 SP1/M16 scope. Made by the same Japanese Company that made them back in the 60's/70's but all new parts obviously.
Anyone try one of these yet?

Some of the guys over @ arf.com have ordered them, waiting to read their reviews. On 9/25 Brownells had a 10% discount and free shipping on those scopes.

Looks nice. At first I was surprised by the $300 price tag since I am thinking you could probably find an original for around that price? But apparently this is an upgrade. I guess we will see. Please post a review if you get one!

I've got an original Colt 4x21 carry handle scope that came on a pre-ban Match HBar that has an illuminated BDC reticle! I've never seen another one with the illuminated retical, plenty like the one Brownells is selling but this one has an extra knob on top for the illumination level. Its still clear as day and works well on paper out to 100yds so far. New one probably has better coatings on the lenses so they're probably a bit brighter picture.

They did 2 different power scopes on the carry handle, one was 3x and one was 4x.

Or that it actually tracks and holds zero still.

Good points.. Maybe it depends more if your gun is a collectors piece or a shooter. Colt scope will hold its value and is original period to the gun. Brownells, not so much.

I have a completely stock 1966 Colt SP1(has the edgewater buffer), I like the thought of having the original scope for that era but, it is not a safe queen. I shoot roughly 2 to 4 hundred rounds a week until the cold weather hits. These 73 year old eyes of mine like a sight that holds zero @ 100 yrds and is a quality scope that fits the era, not necessarily was born in the era.

Just reading some reviews on the new retro scope over @ arf.com, the two I read and the pictures of their targets were impressive. The instructions that came with the retro scope are identical to original 60's/70's colt scope. Think I will wait for the Brownell's 10% discount before I jump.

Got my invoice 2 days after I ordered the scope, On Back Order. Oh well. Called them up the woman told me mid December.

Retro Scope.jpg

Got my Retro scope a couple of weeks ago. Appears to be very well made (Made in Japan not China). These 73 year old eyes of mine shot very well with this scope. I have it attached to my 1966 SP1. According to what I have read they are selling very well. At least twice a month Brownells has a 10% discount and free shipping bringing the price down to $270.

Back
Top Bottom