Brother in NH but I'm in Mass

VAA

NES Member
My brother lives in NH and has a pistol that he wants to give me for Christmas. It's not Mass compliant and I live in Mass. He said he can gift (give) it to me? He said he did some research and he could but I'm thinking no. I've searched and can't seem to find any info. He said it could be done because we are relatives.

Thanks
V

NOT legal, sorry.

Fed Law REQUIRES that ALL handgun transfers (matters not if money changes hands) go thru FFL in the state of the new owner. Thus, a MA FFL. MA FFL is prohibited in transferring any handgun not on EOPS List OR not in MA prior to 10/21/1998 (grandfather clause). So, unless it qualifies one way or another, the MA FFL can't do the transfer. Additionally, the dealer is restricted by AG Regs which further apply to any gun made post-1998.

My brother lives in NH and has a pistol that he wants to give me for Christmas. It's not Mass compliant and I live in Mass. He said he can gift (give) it to me? He said he did some research and he could but I'm thinking no. I've searched and can't seem to find any info. He said it could be done because we are relatives.

Thanks
V
Only if one of the relatives is dead.....

Back
Top Bottom