Bron Classic Firearms - Sturbridge, MA

Most gun shops I've been to usually stock tons of new guns, and have a few milsurps on the back rack somewhere. Not here. John's niche in the business is CLASSIC FIREARMS - hence, the name. The shop is small, but the walls are lined with dozens of military surplus firearms, and the glass cases are filled with classic revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. There are a few modern guns here and there, but not many.

John's prices are reasonable, and he's more than willing to "negotiate." He also makes it a point to have ammo for every caliber firearm in the shop.

Pretty much spot on. Used to be you saw mil surp stuff almost everywhere. Saw more in one glance in this shop than in the last five of looking through other shops.

I was in town yesterday for a wedding and decided to stop on by. All I can say is, I wish I had more time to really go through what he had. There were many classics in that place. Maybe next time.

Stopped by this weekend. Owner was a great guy, a few of Mosin w/ Hex receivers, a couple saiga's, a nice LC9 Talo, and 3 Glock 22's for $420...good price. Oh ya, and plenty "classics." Shop is just off the Mass Pike on rt20. Worth checking out if you're passing through or in the area.

Recon do you recall the price on the hex? I want a Mosin for my collection and most places are sold out. I'm happy I heard about this place because they seem to stock a lot of calibers. Thanks.

I was headed back from upstate NY and had a spare hour so I stopped by. I wasnt planning on buying but a LNIB Ruger MkIII for $200 was too good to pass up. I've only been to his shop 3 times but I've always found a good deal on something.

[rofl] He's as high tech as a rotary phone.

Damnit I figured that.
Well he better have that rotary phone plugged in.

Well here's his info for people searching.

Bron Classic Firearmsmore info
transparent.png

572 Main Street
Fiskdale, MA 01518

(508) 347-5580

He recently moved down the street and is now at 630 Main St, Fiskdale I believe

Yup. Only a few thousand feet from his old shop. New place is in a small plaza with what used to be a restaurant. Not sure if the restaurant is still open.

Does anyone know what brons charges for a transfer fee?
$30.00 for one or $25.00 each for 2 or more transfers. That's current as of 8/1/17

Just be aware that John is very squeamish about doing handgun transfers. The gun must be exactly as listed on the roster and must also have the full blessing of Dimples the Tyrant. Close doesn't count. No exceptions!

Thanks for the response.
I had bought the revolver in question from him a few years ago so I assume he'd have transfered it for me. No that it matters, I sold it ftf a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom