• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bron Classic Firearms - Sturbridge, MA

I went by the other day and he has a full rack of pretty nice K31s.

His hours have changed, Wednesday-Sat I think he opens at 10 now. Closing times vary but he closes at 6 or 5 on those days (you'd want to call to check)

Bron Classic Firearms in Sturbridge

Finally had a chance to search for Bron and wasn't disappointed. I like the older, milsurp stuff and he has plenty. Prices were average to high depending on your preference. John the owner is a great guy, I spent an hour just talking about everything and nothing with him and another customer that strolled in...just a nice man! He says he'll honor a C&R license (which some dealers won't) and wasn't bothered by my touching a few rifles and asking him to price some ammo for me (by the way the ammo I saw was priced well...he said it may be old pricing and have to go up when he restocks...if I recall he was suggesting a Swiss something and I mentioned the ammo was pricey and he showed me the 7.5 swiss by Privi Partisan for $12 a box of 20, then he was going to price some 7.5 French for me but it was surplus and I don't want to play with that anymore).

Definitely someplace I'd go back to, if for no other reason than to say hi!

Last edited:
His prices on Prvi ammo are hard to beat even ordering online. The ammo selection is great, almost anything you need and it is pretty much fairly priced. The guns are a little more pricey but still great to browse through.

My first visit to Bron's today. Picked up a very nice S&W 1917. Shop is pretty much as others have said. If there is a nicer guy than John running a gun shop I haven't found him.

Stopped by the shop last weekend. It was my first time there even though I live 10 minutes away and I've been in the area for over 4 years. I knew that John was from Poland so I think I surprised him when I started asking questions in Polish [smile]. Anyhow, we had a good conversation and I picked up a Mosin-Nagant assembly booklet. I have a feeling that I will be going back there to pick up a gun or two.

He's got weird hours because he runs the shop part time and has a job elsewhere IIRC. Usually Wednesday-Saturday.

I went a couple of weeks ago when we traveled to CT. I was greeted by John as soon as I camE through the door. He was with a customer and told me to let him know if there was anything I needed a closer look at.
He has a lot of nice older stuff and plenty of milsurps. If he was closer, I'd spend beaucoup time and MONEY there!
I will definitely be stopping there again.

Just to let you guys know if you are ever in there and you see a 13 year old kid with glasses thats me.
It is a great shop though I love it he does not treat kids like dirt .m44

PM m44, he goes there more than most of us. Remember that the hours were pretty irregular (only 3-4 days a week)

I went in friday and he was there, next time call before you go there that is what I always do just to make sure he is going to be there. Its gotten to be that I know his number by heart.

Yeah I have seen him there the past couple of days now, I drive by everyday and was just wondering b/c I hadn't seen him open for a while, just timing I guess. I will have to stop in soon.

I went there Saturday, 11/1/2009. I bought some military surplus 7.62x54r for my Mosin Nagant m38, and I thought it was priced well ($130 for 440rnds). I also bought some Wolf FMJ 9x18 Makarov which was also well priced ($10/box of 50). John had a lot of ammo, all sorts of hard to find military ammo, and lots of surplus stuff too. He had a large collection of military surplus firearms, old revolvers, and older pistols. Prices were good, $125 for a Mosin 91/30 with a hexagon receiver, less for a round. I don’t remember his hours, but he is open on Saturdays from 10-4.

Bron Classic Firearms

Did John of Bron classic firearms in sturbridge move his shop. Doesent look like it is on main street anymore. Anybody know?

He's usually open in the afternoons Tuesday/Wednesday through Friday and 10 to 2ish on Saturday. If you see a white van in front, he's there.

He could be on vacation too. When he's on vacation its usually for a month or so.

I went there today for the first time, and I like the shop. I bought some 7.62 x 25 Tokarev ammo there -- $20 for 140 rounds of military surplus. I thought that was a great price. It's a cool shop and the prices seem really good.

just thought id help keep this old thread going.....

I just won a gun broker auction for a Eddystone thru Bron Classic Firearms. I have had a few email and a phone conversation before bidding and winning the auction and I very excited to go down and pick it up and see what else he has.

Seemed extremely pleasant and knowledgeable over the phone

drb

Back
Top Bottom