Broken s&w 640-1

I traded a NES Member a great KAHR PM9, in return what I got was a broken s&w 640-1 that is now requiring gunsmithing work (did not work in the first 10 rounds). The worst part of all is the guy will not even respond to emails or pm's.

Everyone I have delt with in the past on this site has been great. It sucks to have people like this on NES.

So has this ever happend to anyone else on here?

Was he trying to sell a couple of Glock mags while lighting a cigar with $100 bills?

Out the dude.

The thing that gets me is the guy logs on every day, and does not even care enough to read my pm's. [angry] Did the guy think I was never going to shoot it?

Is getting somthing you want at the expence of someone else worth tarnishing your reputation?

- - - Updated - - -

After contacting Derek. And if you end up keeping the 640 contact smith they will probably fix it for free

Its at my gunsmith now being fixed.

Well after a trip to the gunsmith. It works like a charm. Somthing was messed up with the ejector rod.

glad it worked out for you.

The seller should pay for that work. We can easily look to see who the seller was but you should list his name if he doesn't agree to make this right.

There should be a "wall of shame" thread that is stickied on here so we don't buy from scum

He wont even open my pm's. As far as I know he has not responded to Derek either. I'm all for a wall of shame.

I did not get a chance to talk to the smith himself as he had already left when I picked it up. The guy I talked to said it was loose ejector rod, and he gave it a good cleaning. When I dropped it off the owner said the ejector rod looked a little bent and that it might have been flicked shut.

All I know is, it would not work when I droped it off, and it did when I picked it up. $50 and 4 days later. Its functioning great.

The thing is I check the ejector rod before I droped it off and it was tight. I dont know if it has to be torked on or what? Also, when I cleaned it, I noticed a lot of thick grease in the pistol. Like it was used as an oil substitute.

Revolver inop

Snubking,
What exactly is the issue with the revolver? Is the firing pin making good contact with the primers are you getting misfires? Could be someone lightened the hammer spring Smith & Wesson will repair. Contact Smith & Wesson for shipping instructions.

Snubking,
What exactly is the issue with the revolver? Is the firing pin making good contact with the primers are you getting misfires? Could be someone lightened the hammer spring Smith & Wesson will repair. Contact Smith & Wesson for shipping instructions.

read post #11...he already had it repaired by a competent gunsmith

Back
Top Bottom