Brockton man arrested in Dorchester on firearm, drug charges

3rd offense. What's that tell ya?It tells me that Dorchester court must have some great public defenders or some liberal judges and real good cops that keep bringing suspects back to Dorchester court to get recycled back to the streets to repeat the cycle again. Hats off to the Boston police to keep locking these people up! Must be a real frustration for them.

It's always been that way down there.
Many years ago some druggie stole one of our trucks while the driver was inside of a customers store making a delivery, the crime was reported, a couple of hours later one of our distributors comes back to the shop and said he saw the truck in Dorchester at a bar, apparently he was trying to sell them the bread that was in the truck to, you know, make some cash. So the head shipper and I jump in a car and head down and sure enough there the truck is and the perp was just getting back in. I jump in the passenger side (these were step vans with no seat on that side) and push him out onto the sidewalk, he tried to run but I grabbed him and pushed him up to a chain-link fence and told him to not move or I would f*ck him up.
Cops came and took him away.
Fast forward a week or a couple of days, don't remember, and they bring him to court, so I go with one of the owners of the company to watch the circus.
After reading the charges, his court appointed mouthpiece pleads not guilty, then the DA says that the man had a bench warrant for a no-show on another charge. You know what the Judge did? Told him to make sure he got himself down to the other court in a couple of hours.
I don't know but I think he should have gone in the back of a police car with cuffs on, but that's just me.

Oh, Nos..
And these are the same ones calling for a stop to all the "gun violence".[slap]
We know the system is rigged to pad all of the law enforcement establishments pockets.
There is a lot of money to be made in a catch and release justice system!

I've got a great revolutionary idea.
Just infringe on our citizen's rights by passing more restrictive laws that prevent our citizens from defending themselves from all the criminals that they keep letting go free!
That way you can say that you're keeping everyone safe. As well as for their own protection. Then get them to vote away said rights!
All the while you are making the population as a whole defenseless from crime and govt overreach!
Bravo, a job well done...Just as our constitution was written to protect us from.

Last edited:
3rd offense. What's that tell ya?It tells me that Dorchester court must have some great public defenders or some liberal judges and real good cops that keep bringing suspects back to Dorchester court to get recycled back to the streets to repeat the cycle again.
you realize that means he's been convicted twice not charged twice?

Many years ago some druggie stole one of our trucks while the driver was inside of a customers store making a delivery, the crime was reported, a couple of hours later one of our distributors comes back to the shop and said he saw the truck in Dorchester at a bar, apparently he was trying to sell them the bread that was in the truck to, you know, make some cash. So the head shipper and I jump in a car and head down and sure enough there the truck is and the perp was just getting back in. I jump in the passenger side (these were step vans with no seat on that side) and push him out onto the sidewalk, he tried to run but I grabbed him and pushed him up to a chain-link fence and told him to not move or I would f*ck him up.
Fast forward a week or a couple of days, don't remember, and they bring him to court, so I go with one of the owners of the company to watch the circus.
After reading the charges, his court appointed mouthpiece pleads not guilty, then the DA says that the man had a bench warrant for a no-show on another charge. You know what the Judge did? Told him to make sure he got himself down to the other court in a couple of hours.
I don't know but I think he should have gone in the back of a police car with cuffs on, but that's just me.
Sad but SOP.
As always firearms charge will be broomed
Even if not broomed, the liberal judges/prosecutors go soft on sentencing.

For those blaming the cops . . . wrong! All the cops can do is arrest and bring them to court. The prosecutor and judges are the ones letting them go free or going soft on sentencing.

From a random but educated search I can see that he did 18 mos mandatory for a gun case in 2007 and then did 5-7 for another one in 2009. Both were plea deals.
Neil, this has bugged me for years, but I can only find anecdotal numbers, nothing concrete.

Home many people have been convicted under Bartley-Fox and done the mandatory one year?

Neil, this has bugged me for years, but I can only find anecdotal numbers, nothing concrete.

Home many people have been convicted under Bartley-Fox and done the mandatory one year?
I once tried to do a public records request without luck. But anecdotally I can say the mandatory year (now 18 mos) is dispensed very frequently. Almost universally if a person is charged with a gun, they have to fight it to the end or get the mandatory sentence. I've seen some very unfortunate cases among the dozens and dozens I've known that got the time.

-a guy in his twenties who took a gun to Massachusetts from his girlfriends house in VT. He was getting beaten up in Cambridge and pulled it out and he did the year.
-a guy from NH who worked at nights on a parking lot sweeper. Cops got called on him for dumping his machine improperly and he told them he had a gun in the cab of the machine. He got the 18 mos.
-a kid who was found sleeping in a junk car in a yard. When the police woke him up they found a gun in the console and he was convicted by a jury and got the year.

None of these were my clients and I have had luck getting DAs to drop the charges when legitimate people get caught with guns in Mass. Probably twenty times but those are really the minority and are typically accidents. If a person intentionally brings a gun into Mass for protection, they will usually be forced to do the time unless they beat the case.

Lucky you didn't do that recently... you'd be up in court for damages and lose

I once tried to do a public records request without luck. But anecdotally I can say the mandatory year (now 18 mos) is dispensed very frequently. Almost universally if a person is charged with a gun, they have to fight it to the end or get the mandatory sentence. I've seen some very unfortunate cases among the dozens and dozens I've known that got the time.

-a guy in his twenties who took a gun to Massachusetts from his girlfriends house in VT. He was getting beaten up in Cambridge and pulled it out and he did the year.
-a guy from NH who worked at nights on a parking lot sweeper. Cops got called on him for dumping his machine improperly and he told them he had a gun in the cab of the machine. He got the 18 mos.
-a kid who was found sleeping in a junk car in a yard. When the police woke him up they found a gun in the console and he was convicted by a jury and got the year.

None of these were my clients and I have had luck getting DAs to drop the charges when legitimate people get caught with guns in Mass. Probably twenty times but those are really the minority and are typically accidents. If a person intentionally brings a gun into Mass for protection, they will usually be forced to do the time unless they beat the case.
Do the frequent flyers and gang bangers get the mandatory or just the poor shmucks that you referenced above?

I was a Criminal Justice major at NU from 1976-1980. I remember studying the laws effects and over a 4 year period, we could find less than 12 people that were convicted using the law

Last edited:
Do the frequent flyers and gang bangers get the mandatory or just the poor shmucks that you referenced above?

I was a Criminal Justice major at NU from 1976-1980. I remember studying the laws effects and over a 4 year period, we could find less than 12 people that were convicted using the law
The regulars get hit with it all the time. Starting in 1992 we gave it all the time. I really can not count the number of times I've known of defendants getting the mandatory between 14 years as a prosecutor and 16 years as a private attorney.

What about Article 4, section 1 of the Constitution? Put aside the onerous infringement of permit systems for a minute. How is an LTC from another state not a public act, record or judicial proceeding of another state? Why are drivers licenses reciprocal and a civil right not? I’m not being a wiseass. It’s a legitimate question.

Back
Top Bottom