Brockton man arrested in Dorchester on firearm, drug charges

From a random but educated search I can see that he did 18 mos mandatory for a gun case in 2007 and then did 5-7 for another one in 2009. Both were plea deals.
Looking for a flaw in this logic:

Suppose our man from the hood had once had an LTC and let it expire.

He would be forever covered by the "not a criminal offense, just a civil violation" as long as he did not pick up an offense making him a PP or applied for a renewal and denied.

There is no provision in the law to revoke or suspend an expired permit.

Would this person then be forever immunized against a criminal firearms carry charge in MA?

Why are drivers licenses reciprocal and a civil right not? I’m not being a wiseass. It’s a legitimate question.
That is provided for in the laws of each state because it is something the vast majority of people may find themselves in need of. As to "recognition" - until SCOTUS weighed in, gay marriage was like a carry permit - recognized in some other states, but not all. Only a SCOTUS decision specific to gay marriage forced universal recognition.

As to the original question - it falls into the same category as "How are the NFA and state license fees/requirements not an infrimgement?".

Another great example is the kid from Texas who was prosecuted for possession of an AK, with the adder of adding the words "student" and "school" to imply he was a prospect to become a school shooter. He did time, can only go to bars to drink and not become a member of the bar, and filed ridiculous (from a chance of winning) pro-se appeal.

As always firearms charge will be broomed

Of course. But it makes sense.

He's likely a PP anyhow. So a gun charge is meaningless to him in the greater scheme of things.

Gun laws are designed to F regular people, not criminals. The system doesn't want them inside any longer than necessary. So tacking on 10 years for the gun is a waste in their eyes. But for you and me, when our ONLY crime might be a gun charge - it's gonna stick every single time. Unintended consequences. Or intended. Depends on how much of a conspiracy theorist you are. I'm of the "incompetent legislative system" belief.

In terms of the mismatched ammo, i’m waiting for the perp with a Taurus Judge with 2 45 Colt rounds and 4 410 shells.

I’m not sure anyone could top that

In terms of the mismatched ammo, i’m waiting for the perp with a Taurus Judge with 2 45 Colt rounds and 4 410 shells.

I’m not sure anyone could top that
A Medusa with 38 special, 357 magnum, 38 S&W, 38 long colt, 9mm Luger, 380 ACP?

Now I’m being a wiseass! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom