Brockton gun buyback on Saturday

Nothing like trading in something durable and made to last for decades for something temporary and of little long-term value.

Tempting...

...if I had an old Iver Johnson 38 spl that was worth maybe $50. If such a junker existed and there was an interesting family story behind it, I'd forego the free $150.[wink]

damn, 1960s jc higgins bolt .22 battle worn..., ah eff it. I'd rather karma that shit off

I don't hate freedom!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed to admit I have a Hi Point .380 that I got for free about 7 years ago which I would trade for $200. I only shot it once or twice but surprisingly it actually functioned fine I just have no interest in ever touching it again.

I'm embarrassed to admit I have a Hi Point .380 that I got for free about 7 years ago which I would trade for $200. I only shot it once or twice but surprisingly it actually functioned fine I just have no interest in ever touching it again.

No... Don't trash your hi point. Some of us actually like them because we use them as good cheap guns. If you want to get rid of put it up in the classifies section (after going green first). You may get 5 or 10 troll e-mails but you will get at least one offer... (If it was a .40 I would make you one myself)

Wow, awesome,
i think I'll cruise down Warren ave tonight,
umarmed, the city is so much safer now . [rofl]

Anybody that turns in a gun at one of these things helps people that want to ban guns.

You guys that are talking about turning in guns would sell out other gun owners for $200 worth of groceries?

Last edited:
Here's another way to look at it;

turn in paperweights worth maybe $50 combined. Get $400 grocery gift cards, sell them to friend in Brockton for $300. Take the $300 and go buy a new S&W 686+.

Not only did I get rid of useless paperweights, but I helped a friend, only have to spend $450 on a gun purchase, got a new gun and to top it off, it was all paid for by a group that would otherwise use the money to fund someone that would vote to take away my rights...

Look at that, we just put another functional firearm in the hands of someone that supports the cause.

I still think buying crap guns for $600 and turning them to $1000 Visa gift cards to buy nice guns isn't a bad deal.

I think publicizing the above will show them how these buybacks are a waste and the buyback-sponsoring cities are helping good guys buy nicer guns.

Over time the criteria for the guns they'll buy back will be so ridiculously exclusive that no one will turn in anything worthwhile.

But do you have a better publicist than the BPD? Because if you don't, their single table-photo with all the scary guns on it will still trump your drawn out photo-essay about how "you duped the man" in the hearts and minds of the average person.

Anybody that brings a gun to a buyback hates freedom.

This^

2015-07-25-1437816206-9867806-150721portarthurguncontrol854a_c5ced8f7cd000ccee399b6684fbdf787_nbcnewsux28801000.jpg

fbe3e75e5203b48776ba165d67510b17.jpg

Just what she wants...[hmmm]. Turn in a gun. Make her happy. [puke]

But do you have a better publicist than the BPD? Because if you don't, their single table-photo with all the scary guns on it will still trump your drawn out photo-essay about how "you duped the man" in the hearts and minds of the average person.

This.

Anybody that thinks they can somehow "publicize" their convoluted scheme that turns gift cards into guns is seriously delusional.

Answer this: Do any of you really think the politicians or police actually believe Brockton will be safer after this gun buyback? Of course they don't.

Then why do they do this? They do it for the publicity. They do it for the picture of solemn-looking politicians and cops standing behind a table of busted up junk that serves the purpose of scaring the crap out of Sally Soccer Mom.

Here are the three takeaways they want "citizens" to get from this whole exercise:

1. Look at all those guns! There really is a gun problem!
2. These people are doing something about it.
3. I'm voting for them because they're making us safe!

They don't care what you do with the money. They'll gladly pay it and laugh at you because your gun will help them to sway gun-neutral voters over to their side.

I agree with EC, except I'll go a step further... even if nobody showed up to these things the kopsch running them will just unload a few evidence lockers of old shit and throw it on the tables to make it look like people turned in guns, whole thing is a rigged publicity stunt by antis all the way through.

Anybody that turns in a gun at one of these things helps people that want to ban guns.

You guys that are talking about turning in guns would sell out other gun owners for $200 worth of groceries?

Hey man $200 is like 115 packs of Chips Ahoy. More if you work your coupons right.

The 2 companies who are participating in these event.

Vicente's Supermarket:
Extreme Kustomz:
So, do they hate guns and want to be picketed by offended armchair 2A Warriors?

Would the buyback procede if the store owners got bad press from the "I'm the NRA, and I buy groceries" faction?

How do they know it's functional??

Desk pop.

Anybody that turns in a gun at one of these things helps people that want to ban guns. ...

Stand on a public sidewalk and prominently YoutUbe the face and license pkate of everyone trying to turn in a gun.

If the target audience is gang-bangers, they'll stay away in droves if they think their cover is blown.

I agree with EC, except I'll go a step further... even if nobody showed up to these things the kopsch running them will just unload a few evidence lockers of old shit and throw it on the tables to make it look like people turned in guns, whole thing is a rigged publicity stunt by antis all the way through.

Then take it the other way and let's win this thing. Go big or go home.

A few thousand guys with $50 handguns lined up down the street collecting the $200 gift certificate and selling it for $150 and taking the $150 to the LGS.

Group photo of how they turned anti money into firearms.

I'm not a fan of losing. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

ETA: Small time I agree with EC. Big time this thing can be won.

Back
Top Bottom