• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Broad daylight assault ignored by drivers in Middleborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this. What in God's name have we come to?[angry]

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/cnn-news/19034811/detail.html

MIDDLEBOROUGH, Mass. -- A woman was viciously attacked in broad daylight Friday afternoon on a heavily traveled road, while other drivers passed by without stopping.

The woman, in her mid-40s, was knocked unconscious, brutalized and sexually assaulted after pulling over on Route 28 in Middleborough after a fender bender, police said.

The woman was knocked unconscious and brutalized after pulling over. More
The attack, which began about 4:30 p.m., lasted for more than 10 minutes. "She was definitely violently assaulted," said Middleborough police Lt. Charles Armanetti.

Surveillance video shows the victim driving by before the attack. More
Surveillance video from a nearby gas station shows the victim driving on Route 28, followed by what police believe to be the attacker's car. Minutes later, the woman's car was bumped from behind. When she pulled over, the man got out of his car and began the attack.

"Within that 12-minute time frame, in heavy traffic, this individual got out of his car and attacked the woman," Armanetti said. "At that point she went unconscious, and that's all she remembers."

When police arrived, the man and his car were gone, and the woman was found unconscious. She was revived and taken to a nearby hospital.

Armanetti said they received only one 911 call from a driver who stopped to help after the man had left.

Police received only one 911 call from a driver who stopped to help after the man had left. More

The attacker is still at large and is described as a white man in a dark, zippered coat driving a dark-colored sedan.

Copyright 2009 by TheBostonChannel.com.

No one with their carry pistol could help this poor woman out? If I had caught him in the middle of him sexually assaultng her, he would probably be bleeding profusely on the ground while I invite the woman to spit in his eyes. My fiancée was attacked by someone she had a car accident with and I will not put up with any of such nonsense.

As evidenced in the thread from a few days ago... even among NES members some people would shoot the guy, while others would either get away or just be a witness...

It's a societal disease. People refusing to help anyone outside their own circle of friends and family. I know that if I'd seen this happening, I would probably have tried to hit him with my car, or the bat in the trunk...

I can't believe this crap. This country is falling apart because of week scared sheep. I would have gotten involved and one way or another that guy would have had a worse day then she did. My Hart goes out to that women and and her family. This type of thing really makes me sick.

No one with their carry pistol could help this poor woman out?

How many do you think there are? Chances are, not one went by there in that short time, statistically speaking.

What I can't fathom is him sexually assaulting her in broad daylight. This guy is on the high end of dangerous spectrum. The next victim will probably not live.

Yea that fires me up too. The one 911 call doesn't make sense though. I would expect that to be higher with work traffic. Since only the accident was caught on camera I'm guessing she might have been dragged out of sight from the road. If not, shame on the passers by and the people too busy pumping their gas!

Yea that fires me up too. The one 911 call doesn't make sense though. I would expect that to be higher with work traffic. Since only the accident was caught on camera I'm guessing she might have been dragged out of sight from the road. If not, shame on the passers by and the people too busy pumping their gas!

From what I saw last night, only the cars driving by were captured on video and not the actual accident. I'm thinking he had to have dragged her into the back seat out of view or something, there's no way that someone wouldn't have called if they saw it, at least that what I am hoping.

this is nuts [shocked]

i would have helped her. it could have been me.... it could be anyone here in that position-- unless you don't pull over for accidents

From what I saw last night, only the cars driving by were captured on video and not the actual accident. I'm thinking he had to have dragged her into the back seat out of view or something, there's no way that someone wouldn't have called if they saw it, at least that what I am hoping.

Correct.. the accident is not on video.

Not defending anyone but next time you are driving down the highway at highway speeds try to look inside of a car parked on the side of the road in the breakdown lane and try and determine what they are doing. Not easily done especially when you really have no reason to be looking in the first place since this type of incident is not expected to be happening.

Anybody remember this gem ?

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley:
"We really don't want anybody helping themselves."

I've been looking for the artical, it was posted here a couple of months ago.
I can't seem to find it now. [thinking]

Be careful what you wish for Martha.

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley:

I've been looking for the artical, it was posted here a couple of months ago.
I can't seem to find it now. [thinking]

That was from the incident where a man's son was being touched through the next bathroom stall, and he kicked open the door and punched the man who was doing it.

As evidenced in the thread from a few days ago... even among NES members some people would shoot the guy, while others would either get away or just be a witness...

It's a societal disease. People refusing to help anyone outside their own circle of friends and family. I know that if I'd seen this happening, I would probably have tried to hit him with my car, or the bat in the trunk...

+1

My loyalty lies to myself first. I'm going home at the end of each and every day regardless of what happens during the day.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you applying to some sort of cop job?

This is going to sound wrong but I actually wish this bitch would find herself in the same position.

Subjugated by a violent man and surrounded by people who take her advice.

Correct.. the accident is not on video.

Not defending anyone but next time you are driving down the highway at highway speeds try to look inside of a car parked on the side of the road in the breakdown lane and try and determine what they are doing. Not easily done especially when you really have no reason to be looking in the first place since this type of incident is not expected to be happening.

My thought too, if the woman was unconscious there were no crys for help or signs of a struggle that anyone could have seen driving by.

This is unfortunately becoming all to common. Did you hear of the woman brutally raped and punched repeatedly in the Back Bay Commuter Rail station during rush hour? The BG's gun was on the floor, pants around the ankles, and the only thing done was one guy called 911. BG got away I believe. Then an elderly lady's scarf got caught in the escalator at the State Street T stop. A couple people tried to help, but were not successful. She died. The MBTA policeman waited outside the station for back up.

This is just an escalation of why women are taught to yell "Fire" and not "Rape."

I'm very curious about how long we would spend in jail if we used our firearm in an effort to rescue someone in this situation. With the duty to retreat, even at home, in MA I would not be surprised to see manslaughter charges (or worse!) if a concerned citizen removed this scum from the gene pool while he was committing such an act. Saddened, shocked at the travesty of justice, and appalled... but not surprised.

With the duty to retreat, even at home, in MA

A) There is no duty to retreat in your own home, even in a state with laws as wretched as yours.

B) The duty to retreat is applied differently when you are aiding a third party. If that party being injured has no ability to retreat, then neither do you if deadly force is legally warranted and you do decide to apply it.

That was from the incident where a man's son was being touched through the next bathroom stall, and he kicked open the door and punched the man who was doing it.

Anyone have a link to an artical ? I'd really like to be able to post a link on some of the Sheeple boards whenever there's an incident like this.

Just to remind the sheeple of whom they've elected.

This is going to sound wrong but I actually wish this bitch would find herself in the same position.

Subjugated by a violent man and surrounded by people who take her advice.

IMHO. neither wrong nor bad.
Best to give the self-styled ruling elite a taste of their own medicine.

Let 'em see how they like it.

It's easy to say "what I would do is", but the reality of it is unless your actually faced with this situation or have had proper training to deal with an event like this, it would be hard a hard one to call.
Not calling any one out here just a realistic assessment with a little experience.

Helping strangers

I lived in brockton a long time ago and thought i had to help. One night i took my dog out for a walk around 10:00. Up the street there was something going on. I could not really see what. I moved up closer in the shadows and saw a group of about 4 or 5 beating on 1 . As i moved closer 1 of the attackers went up on a pourch and another came off same pourch. The victim or so it appeared broke free and ran behind some cars followed by the group. He let out a screem like i never heard. At this point i thought i had to do something. I pulled out my knife kept it by my side and charged into the main group with my rotti. Dog got real nasty straining and raising against the leash drool and stuff flying out of his mouth. Charged in fast and screamed who wants to die first and when the group caught alook of my dog they ran for cover. Then all of a sudden the person that was being beaten stands up from behind the car and says no no no, these are my freinds, it's my birthday. Were just having fun. Great now i just stuck my face in where it did not belong. I was scared but i thought this kid was being killed. So i tried not to look to scared and said sorry. Shaking i walk back down the street hoping it's over, i turn around once more and see they are coming towards me on the other side keeping the cars between us. They stop across from me and one of them said thanks for coming to help his brotha out. They didn't expect a white guy to help. Dog is still worked up not happy. Then this kid asked how i got the dog so nasty. I told him he just don't like people. After all settled and had time to think. I stuck my nose into something that appeared to be a bad situation but in reallity was just some messing around. I can see now why when the Police show up and theres something going on, they have to control everyone then get the stories straight.

Damn... you had honorable intentions and great courage, and it could have gone horribly wrong.

WHOA...

I lived in brockton a long time ago and thought i had to help. One night i took my dog out for a walk around 10:00. Up the street there was something going on. I could not really see what. I moved up closer in the shadows and saw a group of about 4 or 5 beating on 1 . As i moved closer 1 of the attackers went up on a pourch and another came off same pourch. The victim or so it appeared broke free and ran behind some cars followed by the group. He let out a screem like i never heard. At this point i thought i had to do something. I pulled out my knife kept it by my side and charged into the main group with my rotti. Dog got real nasty straining and raising against the leash drool and stuff flying out of his mouth. Charged in fast and screamed who wants to die first and when the group caught alook of my dog they ran for cover. Then all of a sudden the person that was being beaten stands up from behind the car and says no no no, these are my freinds, it's my birthday. Were just having fun. Great now i just stuck my face in where it did not belong. I was scared but i thought this kid was being killed. So i tried not to look to scared and said sorry. Shaking i walk back down the street hoping it's over, i turn around once more and see they are coming towards me on the other side keeping the cars between us. They stop across from me and one of them said thanks for coming to help his brotha out. They didn't expect a white guy to help. Dog is still worked up not happy. Then this kid asked how i got the dog so nasty. I told him he just don't like people. After all settled and had time to think. I stuck my nose into something that appeared to be a bad situation but in reallity was just some messing around. I can see now why when the Police show up and theres something going on, they have to control everyone then get the stories straight.

Anyone have a link to an artical ? I'd really like to be able to post a link on some of the Sheeple boards whenever there's an incident like this.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/archi...ed-of-groping-Raynham-boy-a-no-show-for-court

Fled the country.
http://www.enterprisenews.com/archi...lt-charge-officials-say-janitor-flees-country

Last edited:

Dennis, it is here on NES, buried . . . I suggest trying a search, perhaps using "supermarket" would uncover it. Don't recall which supermarket it happened in or the town, but if others pipe up those could be good for searching too.

It's easy to say "what I would do is", but the reality of it is unless your actually faced with this situation or have had proper training to deal with an event like this, it would be hard a hard one to call.
Not calling any one out here just a realistic assessment with a little experience.

What kind of "proper training" is required to help a woman being raped? What else do you need to know?

Sigh... I'm not getting back into THIS topic again. I know this group has people that help strangers in danger and people that don't. What else is there to say??

What kind of "proper training" is required to help a woman being raped? What else do you need to know?

Sigh... I'm not getting back into THIS topic again. I know this group has people that help strangers in danger and people that don't. What else is there to say??

Absolutely nothing else to be said.

If you're talking about the buger king robbery thread, that's quite a bit different than this. Some people said they wouldn't interfere to protect some corporation's money. I don't think anyone in that thread said they'd ignore a woman being beaten and raped on the side of the road.

I would have made arraingements for this guy to meet his maker.

The market was either Demoulis or Market Basket I believe. There is one other theory of why no one helped,assuming that people saw what was going on.
Let's say someone did stop and helped the woman and she was hurt in the process of the rescue by accident. A good liability lawyer could make a bundle with lawsuit claiming if "X" had minded his own business woman would not have be as severely injured. I don't know if Mass has a Good Samaritan law or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom