Brits and US Guns

I think it is simple ... they are trying to scare people to make it easier to take away their rights.

It is also a way for them to distract people from all the junk that goes on in the UK. When all you read about is what a bunch of savages Americans are and you never hear anything bad about the UK, you start to think your government is awesome.

Thats my guess.

I think also it enters the dimension of thinking it is "the other". Something only the stupid or sketchy Americans do. Had a conversation with international colleagues. Of 3 Americans all owned guns but it surprised them. None are crazy nuts and they would have never known unless we told them. I was the only one they knew before and that was around shooting trap which is just glorified sporting equipment to them.

Did I joke I can own it because of my British colleagues forefathers... Obviously. Of course he is more wrapped up in the shame of his own sibling supporting BREXIT and Boris.

To be fair I met one girl from MA on OKC years ago who was freaked out that her boss owned a gun. She didn't understand why someone bragged on their profile that he owned a full auto gun, had to explain to her that guy must have MONEY. Shit ain't cheap.

Right here in the US something like half of those surveyed were in favor of making "hate speech" illegal. After creeping in for decades the tide seems to be coming in quickly now.

What ever happened to “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” as a credo?

Just like here in America, you have your supporters and then you have none believers.

I have plenty of colleagues that when they come over they just want to shoot.

There’re plenty of folks in the UK that think the politics and laws have got out of hand.
The more the government gives stuff away for free the more votes they get, at some point there will be more taking out of the system than putting in.

They want the rest of the world to be as miserable and oppressed as they are....

I've made the mistake of watching some of those British Netflix shows where they show footage from all the cameras in London. Maybe I'm getting a false impression, but those shows make it look like London is just packed full of loser yahoos with nothing better to do than roam around the streets, break stuff and bash each other over the head for no reason. They can't even keep their shit together, so I'm not impressed if they go try to tell me how to live way over here on the other side of the pond.

The only thing I ever wanted from the Brits was Mr. Bean and Dr. Who. And, they now ruined Dr. Who and Mr. Bean is only old reruns. So, now I don't need anything from them.

If they spent half that time on dental hygiene...
FatalAllBear-size_restricted.gif
It's not just the UK. The US is painted as the wild west, with people shooting at each other left and right by media around the world. It's too consistent and ridiculous to be coincidental.
Circa 1972 visiting my mother's cousin in Fulham(London), my (20-something?) cousin
asked my parents whether they drove to Las Vegas for the weekend often.

From Long Freaking Island.

We blamed all of those damned TV shows imported from the States.

Circa 1972 visiting my mother's cousin in Fulham(London), my (20-something?) cousin
asked my parents whether they drove to Las Vegas for the weekend often.

From Long Freaking Island.

The U.K. is small enough that you can drive it the long way in a single day. They simply don’t understand the scale of the US.

That said, a lot of folks in the US don’t have a good grasp of geography. Back around 1980 I spent a summer in the western part of VA. When I told some folks that I went to college in Ithaca NY, they asked me if I went into NYC a lot. I responded “no, that’s 250 miles away.”

Then they asked: “so the subway doesn’t go that far”? “No, not yet” I responded.

It's not just the UK. The US is painted as the wild west, with people shooting at each other left and right by media around the world. It's too consistent and ridiculous to be coincidental.
Political officers in the former Soviet Union did the same thing. They claimed that all Scouting in the United States was run by the U.S. military. Cub Scouts and Webelos were nothing more than young cadets undergoing anti-communist brainwashing, which prepared them to join the older, more corrupt, Boy Scouts, who were highly-trained warriors!

If it weren't for Americans with guns, those unappreciative Brits would all be speaking German right now, f*ck them!!

Reality: even the biggest anti gun twat over there can't hide his shit eating grin after dumping $300 worth of rounds down range.

"They" have to keep brainwashing their own population or else the subjects may get ideas...

It's like when Comcast runs ads on Comcast to sell Comcast to people who already subscribe to Comcast to keep reinforcing that the customers made the right choice to buy Comcast services and to stay with Comcast.

Very few Brit dentists accept national health care rates so if you want your teeth taken care of you pay. Brit are so conditioned that health care is free that they would sooner rot (literally) than pay for it.
...pretty much the way Americans are now with education. [thinking]

I recall driving past a hospital in Guildford and commenting on the three MRI trailers in the parking lot. My Brit colleague said they weren’t MRI trailers but freezer trailers. There was a flu epidemic and most with the flu couldn’t be seen until they were dead and seen by the morgue. He seemed matter-of-fact about it.

I lived in England for a few months (3) in 2000. I realized at the time they were suffering painfully from fake news. What's this you say? The Guardian (of BS IMHO) was constantly publishing horror stories of GWB as some sort of mass murderer, for not pardoning death row inmates. Don't believe me? Bush allows execution for murderer with low IQ

I am afraid most people that read the news are incapable of critical thinking. And they roam about hither and yon micromanaging our lives.

Edit- I lived in York, and attended Ripon and York St John. An amazing city with very interesting history.

Back
Top Bottom