Bringing ammo into RI from MA

My son lives in MA and has a LTC there. I know he can travel from his home directly to my RI club, and then directly back over the state line when we are done. However, can he bring ammo only to my house, or does that fall under the same restrictions as weapons? I can't seem to find the answer in our laws anywhere.

TIA
Mike

Hey Mike. Since RI doesn't have any restrictions other than age, he can buy/bring ammo in/into RI if he wanted to. I've done it, totally legal. Ammo transport is also legal.

In MA, ammo is as much of a hot potato as firearms. Everywhere else, ammo is no different than buying a lottery ticket.

If you don't come on a public forum and announce it, who's gonna know?

I hear you ... but there's always the chance that something might happen, and you end up with a cop who is constipated and pissed off... so I want to be sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mike. Since RI doesn't have any restrictions other than age, he can buy/bring ammo in/into RI if he wanted to. I've done it, totally legal. Ammo transport is also legal.

Thats what I thought. Thanks

RI doesn't have an FR laws about ammo. Just go to any Walmart and buy it, not a problem. do what you want with it, we are cool here with it. Just bring enough for me :)

Back
Top Bottom