Bring your gun to work day

Mike S

NES Member
I love my job.

2 reasons,

A. Where I work we have almost 400 acres of land, 100 of which is very suitable for shooting, I have written permission from the owners and take advantage of it almost nightly.

B. A bunch of my co-workers are also class "A" LTC holders so we have "bring your gun to work day". Sometimes it's handguns, sometimes it's long guns, sometimes it's both!

Recently we had a new employee in the office, I was getting ready to leave for the night and I reminded one of my co-workers to remember that tomorrow is bring your gun to work day. You should have seen the look on the new employees face, priceless. I told him don't worry, you'll get used to it, and if you want to come out and shoot you're welcome to.

This year we've taught 4 employees with no firearms experience how to handle guns and shoot, they've all been hooked!

I encourage anyone reading this to start something similar, bring your co-workers to your clubs or wherever you legally shoot. Build the base!

Last edited:
I love my job.

2 reasons,

A. Where I work we have almost 400 acres of land, 100 of which is very suitable for shooting, I have written permission from the owners and take advantage of it almost nightly.

B. A bunch of my co-workers are also class "A" LTC holders so we have "bring your gun to work day". Sometimes it's handguns, sometimes it's long guns, sometimes it's both!

Recently we had a new employee in the office, I was getting ready to leave for the night and I reminded one of my co-workers to remember that tomorrow is bring your gun to work day. You should have seen the look on the new employees face, priceless. I told him don't worry, you'll get used to it, and if you want to come out and shoot you're welcome to.

This year we've taught 4 employees with no firearms experience how to handle guns and shoot, they've all been hooked!

Are they hiring?

I have taken two of my colleagues to my club to learn safety and shooting, next month, their secretary and her gf want us to show them how to shoot! The antis don't have a prayer

I have the same situation.... The guys i work with are the people who got me into shooting. We try to get out at least once a week to shoot our rifles or handguns. Sometimes we pull out the thrower and break some clays for fun too. We just generally give the local PD a call before we start shooting. They appreciate the heads up. However, I don't believe they have ever had any complaints about us.

We built ourselves a small earth berm as a backstop. We can shoot out to about 200 yards if we feel like it, but we usually keep it under 100.

It is a great job perk....

Everyday is a bring your gun to work day here at the shop! Unfortunately when the summer months come around I usually have to put it the lock box. I've only had a few customers know what it was when I've printed.

Too bad we are not able to shoot where we are located. But a quick drive over into Carlisle to one of my employees house solves that problem.

Among the employees I have working here they include:
A former Marine
A cadet at the Naval Academy
An Army reservist
We also have 2 flaming liberals, but they are outnumbered and outgunned!

Last edited:
Fortunately every day is bring your gun to work day for me. Only times I don't is if I have a case near the RI or CT border since I don't have my non resident permits yet.

I too have "every day is bring your gun to work day." And some of my customers have large, isolated tracts of land and invite me to shoot when I'm done working.[smile] I love these people! I'm due to visit a particular favorite soon. He has a 300 yrd range in his back yard! (yes, right here in ma.) I have had the pleasure of shooting with him and his wife a few times now. I can't wait to see them again!

What do you do? I feel a career change coming! I work at Lowe's were not even allowed to bring our own knives we have to use knives provided by Lowe's and leave them in out lockers.

Sorry guys we won't be hiring until the winter, but we can't shoot in the winter as it is too crowded with skiers, snowboarders, and snowtubers.

BTW, if you guys know where I am do not come over and shoot, Westford PD is always checking in and asks people for written permission, if you don't have it they can make trouble for you as you are technically breaking the law.

That being said, if anyone wants to come oer and shoot with me, send me a pm and we'll work it out

I can't wait till it stays light out a little longer and myself and the other like minded employees can go back to our "trunk full o'guns" Fridays! We shoot at the local public range and have to be done 30min before sunset. [smile]

Everyday is bring your gun to work day when you're self employed!!!

Sorry, but forever I've been watching these New Hampster Chuckleheads roll around in their freedom like scrooge McDuck on a pile of money, I wanted to try gloating out. Heh, it's sorta fun.

Everyday is bring your gun to work day when you're self employed!!!

Sorry, but forever I've been watching these New Hampster Chuckleheads roll around in their freedom like scrooge McDuck on a pile of money, I wanted to try gloating out. Heh, it's sorta fun.

soon as my kids are done with school me and the wife are moving to NH! Can't wait

I wish I could partake in that day. I'm settling for "Take your coworkers to the range day" sometime in the near future instead.

Back
Top Bottom