bring brass into Mass.

... I don't think the cops can open sealed mail without a warrant even though you haven't mailed it. ...
Several lawyers in "free legal advice" sites (AVVO, Quora, ...)
have claimed that the item has to be in the custody of the USPS
before that "warrant requirement" activates.

I'm way fuzzy on the exact situations where it makes a difference.
But I wouldn't bother with that magical thinking without getting a straight story.
Including what kind of risks occur from putting various contrabands
into the Federal mails...

Last edited:
Wonder what scrap yards do with brass they get?

I have purchased some from Mass. I have been buying other stuff for years.
They have not sold brass to others that I have talked to. Last time I had
bought brass they had two 4' x 4' x 4' Boxes of 9mm, .223, .308, and a mix
of other cals. I think the brass came from Ft Devens. I even got some Barrett
Stamped 50BMG Brass before.

Malodave

My best friend, Kicker96FS, gave me holy hell one time when I drove up for a visit. I had loose brass rolling all over the place in my SUV. He said I could get arrested there for what is otherwise just a messy vehicle.

Yep.
Got like 2-300 lbs of it.
I'll do a burn once a year.
Now its quicker and less of a process just to order poly/ powder coated from a vendor.
Lead and junk brass pay for it.
I dont think its worth the effort to smelt scrap lead down into ignots to turn it into the scrap yards. If I remeber right local yard was giving .50lb for lead bars, fishing sinkers and Plumbers lead
.20/lb for lead wheel weights sorted and clean

I dont think its worth the effort to smelt scrap lead down into ignots to turn it into the scrap yards. If I remeber right local yard was giving .50lb for lead bars, fishing sinkers and Plumbers lead
.20/lb for lead wheel weights sorted and clean

Replace ingots with "pucks", or whatever the exact term is for those muffin tin shaped blocks. Easier to store/ stack for when the time comes. Plus a ton of miscasts.

While on this topic, I received a bunch of brass a few weeks ago, some in calibers I don't shoot.
While I am thinking about trying to trade/karma some (like .40) there's also some Berdan primed which I don't expect to sell easily. Do junkyards expect you to tumble and/or size the brass? I feel like I read one time they give you a reduced rate for (spent) primed cases. There's a scrapyard in my town but I've never done anything like this before. No sense in keeping some cases I'll never use or be likely to move.

Back
Top Bottom