• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

bring brass into Mass.

I'm pretty sure MA considers brass, "ammunition" which requires a LTC. But if you keep it out of sight (tucked away in your trunk) and deliver it to someone in MA, I'm sure you'll be fine. If a cop if searching your car, you've got bigger problems. Depends on how comfortable you are taking the risk. IANAL.

You mean scrap brass, right ?

Sounds pretty legal to me...

The law concerning ammunition components doesn't distinguish between "usable" versus "scrap." So if someone is concerned about the legality, best to just have the MA licensed person meet them out of state. If a cop is enough of a putz to want to jam someone up over possession of spent brass, they are unlikely to be convinced by someone claiming that spent brass was "scrap."

Not a thing because cops wouldn’t bother to arrest them.
Its not the bother its the potential.
Emagine a cop with a boner for out of state plates, thinks maybe score some fireworks .....who what do we have here a bucket full of ammo smuggled into "my state" . You know darn well it would be called high capacity military ammo. Be it loaded or just empty cases.

Its not the bother its the potential.
Emagine a cop with a boner for out of state plates, thinks maybe score some fireworks .....who what do we have here a bucket full of ammo smuggled into "my state" . You know darn well it would be called high capacity military ammo. Be it loaded or just empty cases.

That was in response to his question about what scrap yards do. Police won’t bother to charge a scrap yard that buys scrap brass.

They might charge an out of state motorist, if the cop is a big enough putz.

That was in response to his question about what scrap yards do. Police won’t bother to charge a scrap yard that buys scrap brass.

They might charge an out of state motorist, if the cop is a big enough putz.
Is there anything stopping Leo from charging a scrap yard? I don’t recall any exceptions in the mass gun laws?

Is there anything stopping Leo from charging a scrap yard? I don’t recall any exceptions in the mass gun laws?

Probably not, but considering its mostly ranges that turn in large amounts, they're probably more focused on the crackheads that drive around and steal manhole covers and sewer grates.

If I could get it in writing that it paid more, I'd burn it all down into ingots and turn it in like that, like I do with lead.

Probably not, but considering its mostly ranges that turn in large amounts, they're probably more focused on the crackheads that drive around and steal manhole covers and sewer grates.

If I could get it in writing that it paid more, I'd burn it all down into ingots and turn it in like that, like I do with lead.
I doubt it would be worth more considering the cost and effort to melt it.
Although you could smelt down a pound and bring it in. Maybe they will zap it with that X-ray/alloy ID ray gun thing?

Back
Top Bottom