Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

Dude, I have found zero evidence of that. If true, I invite you to back that assertion with a link to a) an arrest record, b) a criminal conviction or even c) a warrant for her arrest.

Associating with a drug dealer is not a criminal offense, nor does it deserve a death penalty.

Even if she was, some of us are of the opinion that drugs should be legalized. Its just an excuse for Government control and police excess.

You have a natural right to put whatever you want into your body. Its YOUR body!!!

Even if she was, some of us are of the opinion that drugs should be legalized. Its just an excuse for Government control and police excess.

You have a natural right to put whatever you want into your body. Its YOUR body!!!

I agree with this. In an ideal world this situation is never created.

My commentary here is rooted in the reality we live in, not the libertarian dream I have.

Then arrest her.

Don' serve a warrant with a freaking SWAT team in the middle of the night. Grab her when she goes out to get in her car.

It would be a waste of time if the boyfriend at the trap house sees the arrest and has time to flush the powder. Can't really build a case that way. I agree with you that all drugs should be legal.

None of this matters anyways, the guy could have kidnapped a child a no (legit) no knock happens, a brown third party dies, and then all these BLM/antifa twats will still lose their shit over everything.

One consistent theme I'm seeing is all of these people that BLM defends, are either shitbags or directly connected to shitbags.

There are literally DOZENS of innocent people in bad police shootings, but somehow or another BLM is not calling for blood in regards to those people. It's like they're trying to normalize
scumbags and insisting that scumbags should be immune from police action. WTAF?
TRYING??!? It's the BLM agenda! They're up-front that their agenda is consequence-free living for black people.

It would be a waste of time if the boyfriend at the trap house sees the arrest and has time to flush the powder. Can't really build a case that way. I agree with you that all drugs should be legal.

So we use an arrest technique that puts everyone at more risk, the cops, the perp, innocents who may be living with him. All in the name or evidence gathering. That's effed.

Remember this?

Remember that cops use the mere presence of weapons in a home to justify a no knock warrant service.

That means if you piss off the wrong person on FB, you might be the recipient of a no Knock.

Dude, she was a coke dealer.
Present your evidence. No, don't tell me to do my research: show us what you have. And I don't mean what some anonymous source on the internet claims.

Have you ever seen a low-level drug dealer who had no drugs? There were none in that apartment, nor in their cars. She was employed full time as an emergency room technician, and hospitals tend to frown on employees being involved in illegal drugs. The police claimed that a postal inspector told them she received suspicious packages; the postal inspector said that's a lie.

And the battle rages on...another martyr for the left...and the fire continues to be fueled.
She should be a martyr for everyone who gives a damn about the Constitution and due process, but too many people who claim to be "constitutional conservatives" are eager to run away. After all, it's a black woman whose former boyfriend dealt drugs, so she doesn't really count.

Maybe you'll care when they come for your guns.

I think this is a sad case where there's nobody really accountable. It's sad she's dead, it's good that the city settled. From what I've read, everyone involved acted legally and, for the most part, rationally. I'm not surprised by the lack of an indictment, and I'm not surprised the city is blowing up. I do believe that no-knock raids are a blight on our country, but they're not illegal and if that's what these cops did, and took fire, then returning fire was a wise move for them.

It's too bad she got caught in the crossfire. Nothing in her past meant she should have died that night. Just a bad night all around. But I do think the make-up "endangerment" charge is a bit much; I'm glad the cop is being held accountable for his crappy marksmanship, but five years in the hoosegow seems excessive to me.

Nobody said she deserved to die. We said she's hanging out with people who get in a lot of trouble with the law and also have a history of violence. Thats poor life choices that usually lead to poor life outcome.

Since when does you making poor choices excuse others for also making poor choices? For someone who is usually strongly in favor of castle doctrine and against the drug war, excusing the death of someone who was not a threat to police who were breaking into her apartment in search for drugs that weren't there, this is surprising.

I agree with this. In an ideal world this situation is never created.

My commentary here is rooted in the reality we live in, not the libertarian dream I have.

Why shouldn't police performing surveillance and using basic investigatory skills rather than middle of the night forced entry drug raids be a libertarian dream and not be reality?

Since when does you making poor choices excuse others for also making poor choices? For someone who is usually strongly in favor of castle doctrine and against the drug war, excusing the death of someone who was not a threat to police who were breaking into her apartment in search for drugs that weren't there, this is surprising.

I fully support the castle doctrine.

That doesn't change the situation. The cops got shot first. They returned fire. She was in the middle.

The guy who shot is out free.

The cop who fired randomly like an ass clown is being charged.

I don't think the officer should be charged for executing a warrant and getting shot at first.

Beyond stopping the WoD, there is nothing else to be done here.

I don't think the officer should be charged for executing a warrant and getting shot at first.

Beyond stopping the WoD, there is nothing else to be done here.

There's a lot to be done. Like basic surveillance and investigating before kicking in a door in the middle of the night. If you supported castle doctrine you wouldn't support middle of the night raids and would think those doing them should be held accountable when they kill someone in their own home who isn't even a threat. Your position here is incongruent.

There's a lot to be done. Like basic surveillance and investigating before kicking in a door in the middle of the night. If you supported castle doctrine you wouldn't support middle of the night raids and would think those doing them should be held accountable when they kill someone in their own home who isn't even a threat. Your position here is incongruent.

They already banned the raids in response to this. What you're asking for exists.

Which is an indictment of the grand jury itself. The police acted in an obviously criminal manner. With utter disregard who may have gotten caught in the crossfire.
I wonder if the DA who was leading the grand jury around by the nose
used some kind of Bene Gesserit/Obi-Wan
"these aren't the droids you're looking for" Voice
to ensure that all those "obviously criminal" acts weren't indicted?

Or did the grand jury decide that the RoE when a search warrant raiding party
starts takes gunfire from the room they've already entered
is a little different from the way we'd be judged?

Note also that the one cop who is getting jacked up for overpenetration
may not even have begun to play the QI Card...

Also, if cops knock, and announce in the middle of the night, what are the chances you will hear them if you are sleeping? Your door coming down will be the first thing you hear.
Some people have the foresight to place motion-activated alarm sensors outside their home,
that notifies them that Ding! Fries Are Done without alerting an intruder that they've been made.

Forget steel-reinforced doors, etc.
There must be drug houses which can never be caught unawares
because of motion alarms and webcams...
(Which kind of argues against forced entry raids as time goes on).

It's ironic that the more one lives a life that may get The Man's attention,
the more likely that one's not gonna get surprised by a raid.
(Discounted by the factor that Criminals Are Stupid).

Associating with a drug dealer is not a criminal offense, nor does it deserve a death penalty.

If I read the New York Times article correctly
the dealers she'd been helping for many seasons
were caught that night with:
  • Pot,
  • Crack,
  • "Prescription pills", and...
  • ...wait for it...
  • Fentanyl
You know, that powder that in trace amounts can kill faster than ricin?

How many years before Mass. legalizes recreational fentanyl?
(Well, more than they already have).

Have you ever seen a low-level drug dealer who had no drugs? There were none in that apartment, nor in their cars.
This should not be a big mystery.

The NYT article even lists the street addresses of all the vacant buildings
that the dealers rotated their stock through in a shell game.

The city had adopted a deliberate policy of targeting places
that supported inordinate amounts of crime, and was actually
was halfway through the process of taking (and razing?) them.

In fact, Taylor got caught up in the investigation precisely because
the dealers she was aiding and abetting were operating on a craptastic street
that had bubbled to the top of the list - just the luck of the draw.

She was employed full time as an emergency room technician, and hospitals tend to frown on employees being involved in illegal drugs.
Puh-leeze.
Hospitals have incredible problems with doctors and nurses addicted to drugs.
Long before Hollywood got around to making it a strategic plot issue in "House, M.D.".
Substance Abuse Among Doctors: Key Statistics

They already banned the raids in response to this.
They banned no-knock raids. You know, the kind of raid this wasn't...
Just like they ban standard capacity magazines to fight revolver crimes.

I wonder if the DA who was leading the grand jury around by the nose
used some kind of Bene Gesserit/Obi-Wan
"these aren't the droids you're looking for" Voice
to ensure that all those "obviously criminal" acts weren't indicted?

Or did the grand jury decide that the RoE when a search warrant raiding party
starts takes gunfire from the room they've already entered
is a little different from the way we'd be judged?

Note also that the one cop who is getting jacked up for overpenetration
may not even have begun to play the QI Card...

Some people have the foresight to place motion-activated alarm sensors outside their home,
that notifies them that Ding! Fries Are Done without alerting an intruder that they've been made.

Forget steel-reinforced doors, etc.
There must be drug houses which can never be caught unawares
because of motion alarms and webcams...
(Which kind of argues against forced entry raids as time goes on).

It's ironic that the more one lives a life that may get The Man's attention,
the more likely that one's not gonna get surprised by a raid.
(Discounted by the factor that Criminals Are Stupid).

If I read the New York Times article correctly
the dealers she'd been helping for many seasons
were caught that night with:
  • Pot,
  • Crack,
  • "Prescription pills", and...
  • ...wait for it...
  • Fentanyl
You know, that powder that in trace amounts can kill faster than ricin?

How many years before Mass. legalizes recreational fentanyl?
(Well, more than they already have).

This should not be a big mystery.

The NYT article even lists the street addresses of all the vacant buildings
that the dealers rotated their stock through in a shell game.

The city had adopted a deliberate policy of targeting places
that supported inordinate amounts of crime, and was actually
was halfway through the process of taking (and razing?) them.

In fact, Taylor got caught up in the investigation precisely because
the dealers she was aiding and abetting were operating on a craptastic street
that had bubbled to the top of the list - just the luck of the draw.

Puh-leeze.
Hospitals have incredible problems with doctors and nurses addicted to drugs.
Long before Hollywood got around to making it a strategic plot issue in "House, M.D.".
Substance Abuse Among Doctors: Key Statistics

They banned no-knock raids. You know, the kind of raid this wasn't...
Just like they ban standard capacity magazines to fight revolver crimes.

This was a no knock. The cops voluntarily knocked because they wanted Breonna to come out.

I get it. I'd like there to be a lpt of things we don't have. In this single case, I don't see a fault here that can be prosecuted.

This was a no knock. The cops voluntarily knocked because they wanted Breonna to come out.
The story I'd first heard was that the warrant was granted as a no-knock,
but the cops decided to knock because reasons. (Unstated reasons).

What I read most recently (maybe in that NY Times article? I dunno)
was that the warrant was granted as a no-knock,
and then police brass ordered that it actually be executed by knocking first.

I got the impression from the second version that
the order came from someone high enough in the chain of command
that they themselves weren't going on the raid. But that could just be
my active imagination.

I get it. I'd like there to be a lpt of things we don't have. In this single case, I don't see a fault here that can be prosecuted.
Yep.

As far as second-guessing/regrets go,
for one thing, I wonder if the cops now wish they'd
toned it down and tried knocking for a few minutes.

They were hoping to find drugs, which definitely could have been flushed.

But they were also hoping to find money,
which I don't think anyone could bring themselves to destroy.

We are in violent agreement. Wo(S)D is complete bs. Ingest, smoke or inject whatever makes your world a better place.

Hahaha.... this whole incident didn't age well. People bought the initial media portrayal of her story hook, line, and sinker

I think this whole thing is sort of a product of WOD jackassery, but if it wasn't Breonna Taylor it would be someone else they (the whining BLM/antifa mobs) would
be harping about.

It's still pretty suspicious to me that during the obama admin there were far more egregious incidents than this, like I always ask... "So where were these rioters when Walter Scott got
gunned down and then basically framed by a cop in his death? " Oh wait, Obama was the president. [rofl] That somehow magically made it not as big of a deal!

The left only attaches itself to this crap whenever it's convenient for them to do so. They don't actually care about abuse of force by police- because if they did, they'd be opening up
big dialogue about it and trying to garner as much support for their cause from all corners, not just ones screaming "racism". etc.

They did some basic police work and found out that he rented a storage locker near his home. So they had the locker place call him and tell him it had been broken into and to come down to check it out. Bulger drove down there, got out of his car and was swarmed by 20 cops in the parking lot.

Lol,, Bulger didn't "drive" anywhere, he literally walked downstairs. The locker was the locker you get, when you rent an apartment, to put junk in. They wanted to get him out of the apartment. So they had the manager call up bulger and tell him the lock on it had been damaged, or something like that, and that he should come check it out. Then they bagged him when he showed up.

SMH... would you still be saying this if it were your own daughter??
My Daughter wouldn't be dating a career drug running criminal. My Daughter wouldn't be filmed at known drug houses. My Daughter wouldn't be allowing ex boyfriends to use her home as drug drop off sites.

Breonna Taylor put herself in the situation that drew law enforcement attention. The warrant was issued for 100% accurate reasons. Her current boyfriend made the decision to open fire. Her and his actions created a volatile situation that led to the wild scene that night. It is a shame that she made decisions that led to the Police going there that night. Gunfire erupts in total darkness WTF did you think was going to happen.

That is correct. No knock warrants were and are the result of the "war on drugs" Now certainly that topic alone is worthy of its own mega-thread so I won't start it here. Anyway, for whatever reason the police decided to knock and announce "Police, open the door" What I have read, and who knows, is that the Police believed she was alone and she would come to the door. BEFORE they broke down the door her current boyfriend fired a shot through the closed door striking the officer in the leg. Now under future BLM laws the Police will now be required to, at that point, to announce "we are sorry to bother you, we will move along now"...........but the laws in place that night I'm pretty sure were that shooting at Police through a closed door would result in a forced entry. The boyfriend stated nobody announced anything and that has been proved false by neighbors who heard the Police announce themselves. The boyfriend also originally stated the Police broke down the door and he fired. He did change his story to the correct one, he fired through a closed door. After that logical and reasonable hopes and expectations were long gone.

Wow, just f***ing wow. This thread has really gone south and now we're blaming the victims are we? The bottom line here is that two people who were doing, and had done, nothing wrong, were violently assaulted by the police and one of them is dead.

No one has been following this case more closely than Radley Balko and if you're not acquainted with his coverage, you can't really claim to be well informed. The most recent is here: Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor.

But “not illegal” should not mean “immune from criticism.” Part of the problem was Cameron himself, who was selective in what information he released to the point of misleading the public about key facts in the case. (This raises real questions about whether the grand jury was also misled. That’s why an attorney for Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker, who fired at the police during the raid, is demanding that Cameron release the evidence that was presented to the grand jury.)

Furthermore, Taylor’s death was not, as Cameron suggested, simply a tragedy for which no one is to blame. The police work in this case was sloppy, and the warrant service was reckless. Taylor is dead because of a cascade of errors, bad judgment and dereliction of duty. And it’s important that the record on this be clear. So here are some correctives for the misinformation I’ve seen online:

Balko is clearly no fan of President Trump, so now we should simply write him off as a typical leftest media Antifa sympathizer even if we've praised his work in the past.....

This is nothing more than selective outrage.

If they really care about Black Lives as stated, where is the outrage over black cops being murdered? Black men women and kids being murdered daily in Democrap run S-holes like Chicago, Baltimore, etc? Black babies being aborted?

If it is about out-of-control policing where is the outrage, riots, protestes, fires, etc over people being tazed and arrested for not wearing masks when nobody is around them outside? Or Lavoy Finnicum being murdered by Cops? No protests, no riots, no 24/7 media coverage, no nothing.

Wow, just f***ing wow. This thread has really gone south and now we're blaming the victims are we? The bottom line here is that two people who were doing, and had done, nothing wrong, were violently assaulted by the police and one of them is dead.

No one has been following this case more closely than Radley Balko and if you're not acquainted with his coverage, you can't really claim to be well informed. The most recent is here: Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor.

Balko is clearly no fan of President Trump, so now we should simply write him off as a typical leftest media Antifa sympathizer even if we've praised his work in the past.....

This blog has certainly gone south if the narrative is going to be that Taylor had done nothing wrong. And Balko is a WAPO writer with a long history of anti-cop writings, long history. He's flat out wrong regarding the Taylor case. Just because you write biased articles doesn't make you a knowledgeable person.

My Daughter wouldn't be dating a career drug running criminal. My Daughter wouldn't be filmed at known drug houses. My Daughter wouldn't be allowing ex boyfriends to use her home as drug drop off sites.

Breonna Taylor put herself in the situation that drew law enforcement attention. The warrant was issued for 100% accurate reasons. Her current boyfriend made the decision to open fire. Her and his actions created a volatile situation that led to the wild scene that night. It is a shame that she made decisions that led to the Police going there that night. Gunfire erupts in total darkness WTF did you think was going to happen.
I understand what you're saying. My mother always said choose your friends wisely. It just sounded harsh. Yes we all make mistakes, yes times are tough, but it's just disheartening that it ended the way it did. Whether her boyfriend opened fire or not or sold drugs, I don't think she deserved to die that way.

Back
Top Bottom