Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

She knew the risks of her profession, and entered into it willingly.
airplane-william-tregoe.png

Some clips are so epic most people recognize them from a single frame.
Didn't want to overuse this one -
I've posted it already within the past week.
But for you...

Ah, thanks. A little before my time ;)

I was once told that of you lay with dogs you get fleas...that you were the company you kept. If you deal drugs or gang bang your life expectancies drop as someday someone will be gunning for you; a rival, someone you owe cash to, someone looking to rob you, the police; the list is long. Ms. Taylor, while her death was a confluence of consequences and tragic, lived the life and it caught up to her. She played a part in her own demise.

Now, if you want to argue that the war on drugs is too costly and should be revisited, well that’s a story for a different day.

Either way, the mob did not get their pound of flesh so let the organized and financed chaos OOPS I mean peaceful protests commence.

AntifaBLM are the worst racists in contemporary America:

"Let me say this as a Black woman," said Cheryl Dorsey, a retired Los Angeles Police Department sergeant, "he does not speak for Black folks. He's skinfolk but not he is not kinfolk. ... He does not speak for all of us. This was not a tragedy, this was a murder. He should be ashamed of himself."

As Dorsey noted, Cameron described Taylor's death as a tragedy. Taylor, a 26-year-old Black emergency medical worker, was shot five times by the officers who entered her home using a no-knock warrant during a narcotics investigation on March 13. Cameron claimed on Wednesday that the warrant was not executed as "no-knock" since officers knocked and announced themselves.

Cameron, a Republican whose candidacy was endorsed by President Trump, previously faced a racially charged attack that prompted Sen. Tim Scott's intervention last year.

Louisville attorney Dawn Elliot had argued that Cameron needed to stop "eating the coon flakes the White House is serving."

AntifaBLM are the worst racists in contemporary America:

"Let me say this as a Black woman," said Cheryl Dorsey, a retired Los Angeles Police Department sergeant, "he does not speak for Black folks. He's skinfolk but not he is not kinfolk. ... He does not speak for all of us. This was not a tragedy, this was a murder. He should be ashamed of himself."

As Dorsey noted, Cameron described Taylor's death as a tragedy. Taylor, a 26-year-old Black emergency medical worker, was shot five times by the officers who entered her home using a no-knock warrant during a narcotics investigation on March 13. Cameron claimed on Wednesday that the warrant was not executed as "no-knock" since officers knocked and announced themselves.

Cameron, a Republican whose candidacy was endorsed by President Trump, previously faced a racially charged attack that prompted Sen. Tim Scott's intervention last year.

Louisville attorney Dawn Elliot had argued that Cameron needed to stop "eating the coon flakes the White House is serving."

There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a black Democrat bring back the KKK. Lol

I mean coon??? Lol. You're really going full racial retard there. Just drag out the Uncle Tom while you're down there rolling around.

Grand jury indicts 1 officer in Breonna Taylor's death, for "wanton endangerment" for firing into neighboring apartments. No charges were returned for causing Breonna Taylor's death.

AP: Police officers not charged for killing Breonna Taylor

So, the original Breonna Taylor incidence happened
while I wasn't tracking every single police-involved shooting in the country.
(And I'm still not).

As the grand jury investigation ground towards a conclusion,
some compact allegations about her being shot down negligently
seemed to get passed around in NES. And they sounded perfectly unreasonable,
so I wasn't looking for evidence that the narrative was a tissue of lies.

All of a sudden The Nuance favoring the cops emerged in the past week.

And now we hear that the anti-cop narrative is mostly a nothingburger,
except for "Grand jury indicts 1 officer in Breonna Taylor's death,
for 'wanton endangerment' for firing into neighboring apartments".

And I'm like,
"well if some cop was running around during a raid,
indulging in Neighborhood Pops,
then they deserve to be disciplined for it".

So when I go into that AP article, it says on that point:

... The only charges were three counts of wanton endangerment​
against fired Officer Brett Hankison​
for shooting into a home next to Taylor’s​
that had people in it.​

Sounds like he aimed directly at
some neighbor's curtilage from outside it, right?

But in the process of taking a peek at breaking news,
to decode @Reptile's "Police Officer Shot!" from half an hour ago,
I saw a sidebar pointer on KIRO-7 to another article titled,
"Breonna Taylor case: What is wanton endangerment?"

And lo and behold it says, in part:

Hankison, who was fired from the Louisville Metro Police Department in June,​
was charged with three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment​
by a Kentucky grand jury for shooting into Taylor’s apartment from outside.​
The grand jury ruled that his actions endangered the lives
of three people in the apartment next door.​

WTF?

Now, if I as a layman was in an apartment house hallway,
and bullets started coming out of one unit's door and wall,
I would much rather GTFO than start blindly shooting my own
bullets back into that door and wall in hopes of stopping
whoever was blindly hoping to hit me.

But I never imagined cops were that constrained in their response.
Doubling down by turning a door into two-sided Swiss cheese
isn't the safest thing in the world when you don't know if
the apartment unit "shooting" at you contains any innocents.

(That's one of the reasons why most combatants are leery of
just going full ED-209 on Somali pirate ships -
they frequently have a few hostage crewmen
kidnapped from the last freighter they attacked
).

But the cops are there to put their foot down -
the cops can't "call the cops" to make the shooting stop -
that's their job.

But this cop isn't even getting jacked up for shooting into
the apartment that was "shooting at him".
He was explicitly not indicted for shooting into the apartment
containing Breonna Taylor.

By my reading of this KIRO backgrounder article,
he's getting jacked up for overpenetration into the next apartment,
which was occupied, but none of whose occupants were apparently injured.

W.
T.
F.
?

We've now whipsawed from brooming travesties like
2012 Empire State Building shooting,
to firing and indicting cops for overpenetration that caused no injuries
during a drug raid that went instantly kinetic?

W.
T.
F.
?

I would much rather GTFO than start blindly shooting my own
bullets back into that door and wall in hopes of stopping
whoever was blindly hoping to hit me.

Doubling down by turning a door into two-sided Swiss cheese
isn't the safest thing in the world when you don't know if
the apartment unit "shooting" at you contains any innocents.

The kind of "through the wall" stuff like this.

I forget. What time did this take place? I really don’t see much of a difference between a no-knock and knocking if they both take place in the middle of the night, especially if the whole knocking part is immediately proceeded by a forced entry.
Shhh... the copsuckers are busy victim-blaming.

I'm really not seeing a lot different from what was originally reported, other than about her alleged involvement in drug dealing.

1. It's still another police drug raid in the bullshit 'War on Drugs'.
2. It ended with two more victims, the cop who got shot and a dead woman.
3. That the woman wasn't a completely innocent little angel just sleeping in her bed doesn't mean her death was a proper outcome. Nor does it make it her fault. Potentially dealing drugs or being involved in dealing drugs isn't a death sentence.
4. She wasn't the shooter. She wasn't the intended recipient of the police shooting.
5. The police, without regard for anyone in the apartment building shot into it from outside, killing someone other than who they were trying to shoot, and putting other innocent people in another apartment at risk. That's not a good look at the least, and based on the indictment, potentially criminal.
6. That the may have knocked is a distinction without a difference. This happened in the middle of the night and they forced entry with a battering ram immediately after knocking. Is there really anyone here who would be so confident that the people breaking down your own door in the middle of the night are in fact police executing a warrant, just because you may have heard the door being pounded on first and someone shouting "police"?

I still fail to see this as a positive and proper outcome. Middle of the night drug raids claim two more victims (the cop who was shot and Taylor) while finding no drugs. There's nothing good about what happened.

5. The police, without regard for anyone in the apartment building shot into it from outside, killing someone other than who they were trying to shoot, and putting other innocent people in another apartment at risk. That's not a good look at the least, and based on the indictment, potentially criminal.
Not a good look, at the least.

But note well - based on the actual indictments handed down,
the actual grand jury didn't think that it was actually in any way criminal
for those cops to shoot into that apartment getting raided,
after it began emitting bullets towards the cops,
after the cops started the raid.

If one believes the latest MSM analysis I read.

Maybe the Feds will take offense at something.
They still haven't weighed in.

But note well - based on the actual indictments handed down,
the actual grand jury didn't think that it was actually in any way criminal
for those cops to shoot into that apartment getting raided,
after it began emitting bullets towards the cops,
after the cops started the raid.

The very point is that the entire incident is avoided if they aren't doing a middle of the night drug raid. And considering they apparently didn't even find any drugs, that's more evidence it was unnecessary. I mean personally I think even if they found a bunch of drugs it's unnecessary, but that's besides the point.

That they may have been legally executing warrant and legally justified in returning fire after being shot at, doesn't mean they bare no responsibility in her death, or that her death was her fault, or was unavoidable.

A woman was killed. A cop was shot. At least six other people (two cops, the boyfriend, and the family of three in other apartment) were all in danger of being shot/killed as well. And for what? To maybe find some drugs? Is this really what should be happening?

Or if they don't have a tidy little drug business going on.

Everyone playing stupid games, winning stupid prizes...
Will it end?
How?
Sigh.

It's very easy and very convenient to blame the victim when the victim is dead. No need to even bother with the ridiculous "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense, because there's no reason to prove anything, she's dead!

Even if you think the war on drugs is somehow a good thing, you think fighting it by doing middle of the night forced entry raids (that don't even turn up any drugs) is the right way? Really?

The warrant was a no knock. The police said they had knowledge she would be there, so they knocked. She went towards the door, her boyfriend fired at the door past her, police RETURNED FIRE with 4 shots and she was hit.

Basically she placed herself in the middle of a gunfight the police did not start.

The three cops fired 20 rounds or more, not 4. In fact, 5 hit Taylor. The rest hit various pieces of furniture or whatnot, except the rounds fired by Hankinson (the cop charged), which all went into NEIGHBORING apartments. Thats some piss poor shootin’ there.

I believe the cops knocked before they battered the door down. I also know a cop knocking on my door at oh-dark-thirty wouldn’t be heard. I’m a deep sleeper. I would, however, hear someone kicking the f*cking door in and respond. I’m giving Walker an easy pass on that one.

I think the charges are appropriate. I think not charging Walker was right, I think not charging the officers for returning fire was appropriate. I think charging Hankinson for being an idiot was appropriate.

I also think the f*ckknobs who ordered and approved an early morning raid on the residence should all be fired and then flogged down the street, because ultimately, the entire sad episode is just another demonstration of how over the top “law enforcement” has become.

It's very easy and very convenient to blame the victim when the victim is dead. No need to even bother with the ridiculous "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense, because there's no reason to prove anything, she's dead!
No one here owes anyone an assumption of innocence.

Even if you think the war on drugs is somehow a good thing, you think fighting it by doing middle of the night forced entry raids (that don't even turn up any drugs) is the right way? Really?
What should the defendant have done differently?

The three cops fired 20 rounds or more, not 4. In fact, 5 hit Taylor. The rest hit various pieces of furniture or whatnot, except the rounds fired by Hankinson (the cop charged), which all went into NEIGHBORING apartments. Thats some piss poor shootin’ there.

I believe the cops knocked before they battered the door down. I also know a cop knocking on my door at oh-dark-thirty wouldn’t be heard. I’m a deep sleeper. I would, however, hear someone kicking the f*cking door in and respond. I’m giving Walker an easy pass on that one.

I think the charges are appropriate. I think not charging Walker was right, I think not charging the officers for returning fire was appropriate. I think charging Hankinson for being an idiot was appropriate.

I also think the f*ckknobs who ordered and approved an early morning raid on the residence should all be fired and then flogged down the street, because ultimately, the entire sad episode is just another demonstration of how over the top “law enforcement” has become.

The cop who hit her fired 4 shots. In the proper direction. Killing her becuase she was directly between the cop and the shooter.

I've got no problem with the other retard being charged, which he was.

The point is she was not shot by the retard. She was shot by the person at the door who was fired upon.

Back
Top Bottom