Bren 2 vs Sig MCX Virtus

I’m interested in these two rifles, can anyone make an honest comparison between them? I’ve handled and had a little range tim with the sig, but I haven’t been able to handle the Bren 2. By most accounts, it seems like a fantastic rifle. My only concern is I read that to take down the Bren for cleaning, the stock must be folded, which is obviously problematic in MA. Any truth to that claim? Thanks,

Al

Watching the Bren 2 review video from the Military Arms Channel, you don’t need to fold the stock to remove the endcap. Just separate the upper from the lower and push the locking lever for the endcap.

I’m interested in these two rifles, can anyone make an honest comparison between them? I’ve handled and had a little range tim with the sig, but I haven’t been able to handle the Bren 2. By most accounts, it seems like a fantastic rifle. My only concern is I read that to take down the Bren for cleaning, the stock must be folded, which is obviously problematic in MA. Any truth to that claim? Thanks,

Al
I have a Bren 2 Ms. The stock is pinned for MA compliance, but a small hole milled at the top edge of the stock allows the stock release button to be depressed for disassembly and cleaning.

IMG_1848.JPG

Really fun rifle to shoot.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks guys. Most likely going to go with one of the two at some point. Kind of leaning towards the Bren, it’s just something different. Though that Virtus really was a sweet shooter. Pinging steel at 300 scoped was almost too easy.

@Toast How is the accuracy with the Bren?

I like the firing pin lock in the virtis so my truck gun can be transported with the chamber loaded

When I got my Virtus in June of 2018 the Bren 2 wasn’t out yet so I was comparing it to the Bren 805 S1. Even comparing to the older 805, it really came down to availability. Back then the Bren 2 was being talked about and the shops seemed to be phasing out the 805. I’t was just easier to get a Virtus. I’ve not regretted it, since I prefer it to any of my ARs.

It's better than my accuracy.

If I take my time from a rest, I can keep 5 rounds in, say, 3.5" or so at 100 yards with an unmagnified RDS with a 2 MOA dot, and the bulk of that is my struggling to get the dot into the focus point of the damn progressive lenses I have to wear these days so that it's a dot instead of an oval. I have kept a 10 round magazine in a 6" circle shooting offhand at 50 yards.

Again, I don't think it's the rifle, I'm pretty sure it's me. I just bought a magnifier for the RDS this week, so I'll have a better grasp of the situation after I mount that and head to the range

Just watched the video. Makes me nervous that the CZ manual says it may break if over gassed. Makes me think thats not durable

Last edited:
Watching the Bren 2 review video from the Military Arms Channel, you don’t need to fold the stock to remove the endcap. Just separate the upper from the lower and push the locking lever for the endcap.
That's not a carbine with a standard stock, that's a 14" Bren 2 pistol with a brace adapter, with that locking lever being part of the brace adapter.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks guys. Most likely going to go with one of the two at some point. Kind of leaning towards the Bren, it’s just something different. Though that Virtus really was a sweet shooter. Pinging steel at 300 scoped was almost too easy.
@Toast How is the accuracy with the Bren

The Virtus is a tac driver! Not to go all sig fan boy or anything but teamed up with their elite performance ammunition and I shoot less than a quarter size group at 100yds. I do have my MCX set up as my go to battle rifle so it’s freaking heavy, 😂👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom