Breakingviews - Exclusive: FedEx drops NRA deal by snail-mail

Reptile

NES Member
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Mass shootings happen in an instant and grab headlines. A business and investment shift away from the firearms industry is happening more subtly. FedEx, the U.S. shipping group, is ending a program that offers discounts for business members of the National Rifle Association, the company confirmed to Breakingviews.

Breakingviews - Exclusive: FedEx drops NRA deal by snail-mail | Reuters

Well, bye. They just lost a package of mine, promised to find it, lost it again and called it probably destroyed, promised not to charge me (direct ship account), charged me, promised to not have it hit the card, and it hit the card, and just promised the charge was reversed. I dunno, guess I will see. I spent about 4 hours total on the phone over a $24 ship charge - fortunately the contents were time-valuable, not inherently valuable. Not a great hourly return. The NRA discount can't be that good. So, here I am at "bye."

UPS is the worst. Sent a gun to the mfger, their tracking (UPS) said after 4 days it was returned to the terminal from where I sent it; at the same time I got a confirmation from the mfger that they recieved the gun and were working on it and it would be about 2 weeks. Go figure.

UPS is the worst. Sent a gun to the mfger, their tracking (UPS) said after 4 days it was returned to the terminal from where I sent it; at the same time I got a confirmation from the mfger that they recieved the gun and were working on it and it would be about 2 weeks. Go figure.
did you go look to see when it was actually delivered to the destination. at the very least it's going to be scanned at the destination and that info is available to you almost immediately. the drivers have routes, i'm sure the regular driver would fail to scan any package going into a firearm facility.

I call BS. Another article stated that FedEx was dropping some discount program that more groups than just the NRA were benefiting from. Haven't seen anything to make me believe this was anti-2a or anti NRA. The media spouts what they want you to believe.

They changed a discount program that wasn't making them money. No politics involved, just economics. More organizations than the NRA were affected, however the media will never tell you about the other ones because to them politics IS economics.

I call BS. Another article stated that FedEx was dropping some discount program that more groups than just the NRA were benefiting from. Haven't seen anything to make me believe this was anti-2a or anti NRA. The media spouts what they want you to believe.
Hey, don't confuse some of the bitching, whining, moaning, woe is me, they don't like us, neanderthals on here with the facts.

Thanks

did you go look to see when it was actually delivered to the destination. at the very least it's going to be scanned at the destination and that info is available to you almost immediately. the drivers have routes, i'm sure the regular driver would fail to scan any package going into a firearm facility.

I used the online tracker. When I saw it was being returned I waited until the morning it was supposed to be back at the local depot ( I had called the day before when they claimed on the online tracker that the package was being returned) as I did not want to leave it at the depot overnight. That same morning I got the notice from the manufacturer that they had the gun etc...The local office had no clue as to what happened.

Wouldn't care if fedex went out of business tomorrow. The two times I've ever dealt with them sucked.

Both times were sending firearms, the one that did get sent was way over priced, the second time they refused to accept it at the fedex store for lack of a destination's ffl.....so I sent it via post office at 1/3 the cost. Fvck fedex and the horse they rode in on.

Well then. It sounds like FedEx is two school shootings away from stopping all firearms and ammo shipments anyway...

Back
Top Bottom