BREAKING: Sale of Vaping Products BANNED in MA for 4 Months

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well I have thought on this subject a lot. I have been using various vape devices for around 7 years now.
I remember we had a get together with dirtypackman and a few NES members to learn more, and I helped some folks get the hang of wrapping the coils. All crazy DIY and such. So I’d like to think that I have a fairly good idea what is going on inside the douche flute I carry around in my pocket.
That said, I would have never stopped smoking the stinkies without the vape. And my car has never smelled better. Yes, I did taper down the nicotine to almost 0. But I keep doing it more out of hobby than addiction. I actually stopped all of it until all this ban talk started.
Aside from idiots ordering super cheap liquid direct from China, the only health issue has been butter flavors. And popcorn lung is a widely known issue. So anyone in this business that is remotely respectable doesn’t use any of that crap. It’s been only idiots shorting out batteries and having the lithium battery explode in faces that caused injury. And that is a self correcting problem.
All of this seems to have rushed up quickly with “legal” weed. Not that I think pot is bad. But there seems to be no quality control or oversight for the meth heads that are now cooking hash and concentrates in their bathrooms. Then filling up cartomizers with the questionable sludge that they have made.
So now there is this questionable meth lab concoction, and people are running them on these high end devices. (My vaporshark mod can put out 250 watts). So it’s only natural that folks are ingesting horrible crap. Should we hammer the little shops (like dirtypacman’s NH location)? No! Those folks have not been killing anyone or selling poison for years. But to appease statists, perhaps someone (FDA?) should look at the ingredients of those honey stick hash cartridges. That’s the most recent development, which coincides with these “injuries”

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I have thought on this subject a lot. I have been using various vape devices for around 7 years now.
I remember we had a get together with dirtypackman and a few NES members to learn more, and I helped some folks get the hang of wrapping the coils. All crazy DIY and such. So I’d like to think that I have a fairly good idea what is going on inside the douche flute I carry around in my pocket.
That said, I would have never stopped smoking the stinkies without the vape. And my car has never smelled better. Yes, I did taper down the nicotine to almost 0. But I keep doing it more out of hobby than addiction. I actually stopped all of it until all this ban talk started.
Aside from idiots ordering super cheap liquid direct from China, the only health issue has been butter flavors. And popcorn lung is a widely known issue. So anyone in this business that is remotely respectable doesn’t use any of that crap. It’s been only idiots shorting out batteries and having the lithium battery explode in faces that caused injury. And that is a self correcting problem.
All of this seems to have rushed up quickly with “legal” weed. Not that I think pot is bad. But there seems to be no quality control or oversight for the meth heads that are now cooking hash and concentrates in their bathrooms. Then filling up cartomizers with the questionable sludge that they have made.
So now there is this questionable meth lab concoction, and people are running them on these high end devices. (My vaporshark mod can put out 250 watts). So it’s only natural that folks are ingesting horrible crap. Should we hammer the little shops (like dirtypacman’s NH location)? No! Those folks have not been killing anyone or selling poison for years. But to appease statists, perhaps someone (FDA?) should look at the ingredients of those honey stick hash cartridges. That’s the most recent development, which coincides with these “injuries”
You're making a logical, reasoned argument. We'll have none of that here.
PEOPLE HAVE DIED! WE MUST BAN IT!
and someone in MA is making, or will make, money off this 4 month ban, I'm just not sure who, yet.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’d imagine all the folks headed to NH will buy the liquid off our very own member. His shop is pretty close to the border, and he carries the two liquids I like most. Charlie’s custard, and galil by cold fusion (hazelnut creme brûlée).

But we must feign outrage, ban! Ban! It’s for the children

B2844A04-14A9-4663-B3CE-941BC25C3540.jpeg

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a smoker and I will would find a way no matter what the commie a-holes do.
The people I feel for is the ones that might have everything they have tied up in a legitimate business and the clown shoes RINO just decides one day to crush your life like a f*cking bug.
No warning , no nothing.
Lock the doors and f*ck you and your family.
Baker truly is a skid mark .
I feel for the kids that have been vaping as an alternative to smoking or even to quit smoking and now will turn to cigarettes.

480,000 dead of smoking related disease in 2018.

10? dead in 2019 of smoking and all credible info points to tainted gray market crap.

Baker is a mass murderer on a scale few even dream of.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I think that vaping (and smokes, and cigars) is dumb. That's why I don't do it.
That's my choice.

Both my kids vape. I tell them it's dumb. But, they're over 18, and I have to respect their decision. I don't like it, but they're adults.

I agree it's a "Follow the $" situation, and the the DPRM is working on a way to punitively tax it, to fund some "vape research fund" or something. And, it makes a nice test-run on other, future, "Bans in the Public Interest."

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mrs Pipes uses a vape, which I'm not enthusiastic about but prefer it to smoking.

As part of my enabling behavior I was speaking with an out of state vape store owner who claims that the states that have our are about to enact a ban:

Borrow money from the cigarette companies against future cigarette sales and are having trouble meeting their repayment agreements due to reduced cigarette sales.

Obviously this is hearsay. I have no direct information but I now have some serious questions for my states leadership.

Does Mass borrow money from (anyone) against future cigarette sales?

Is Mass meeting those repayment agreements?

CAN Mass repay the loan at the current level of cigarette sales?

Was the decision to ban vaping in any way intended to INCREASE the use of cigarettes...

Somehow I think the answers are going to be difficult to find.

IF this is true even partly then this ban is one of the most depraved acts since... ever?

Isn't the goal to encourage people NOT to smoke? As opposed to profiting from it?

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

daveyburt

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Charlie’s custard, and galil by cold fusion (hazelnut creme brûlée)
PSA: Your Custard and Creme Brulee flavors have a high possibility of the compounds that cause popcorn lung - You'd be well advised to see what you're manufacturer is using for flavorings and if they contain Dyacetyl....and there's another which i cant recall right now....but, you should do some research.
Butter/Diary/Creme flavors pretty much require Dyacetyl (popcorn lung) for that true creamy rich taste.
:)

Diacetyl Vape and Its Effects on Your Body. No More Confusion!

Flavour Art and Flavor Apprentice flavorings have test data available for each flavor.
Folks that buy commercial juice should consider mixing their own so they can control the ingredients. 'specially if you like the buttery/creamy stuff.

ETA: Quality flavorings manufacturers recommend ~2-7% flavoring/juice ratio. A LOT of commercial juices contain up to 20-30% - not good.

EATA: Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, Acetoin and Vaping

Last edited:

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just listened to Cato daily podcast regarding the "vape bans." These vape issues are from "black market" products. So let's ban legal product and drive everyone to use more black market product. Yeah. makes sense, right?

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
meanwhile.....

Mock-up of safe injection site on display at MGH Charlestown health center | Boston.com

He said the goal of the display is to “demystify” the sites for the public and emphasize that they are locations where people who are using drugs can inject in sterile conditions under medical supervision.

not wean them off heroin, but provide a place to do it, where if they OD, we can save them to do it again
Opioid crisis costs U.S. economy $631 billion in four years

I hate the idea of these sites. I bet if they brought in a few of the 'clientele' to these exhibits for a Q&A it may be perceived differently. Instead just a sterile, antiseptic display void of the pain and misery that the users are experiencing. I don't know what the correct step is but we don't have rest stops for alcoholics on the highways. Maybe we need local gun ranges for Ammoholics?

There will be no demonstrations or simulations — it’s just to show the public what such a site could look like.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just listened to Cato daily podcast regarding the "vape bans." These vape issues are from "black market" products. So let's ban legal product and drive everyone to use more black market product. Yeah. makes sense, right?
It makes perfect sense if the State's motivator is money and doesn't actually care about the wellbeing of the citizens.

rsj

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mrs Pipes uses a vape, which I'm not enthusiastic about but prefer it to smoking.

As part of my enabling behavior I was speaking with an out of state vape store owner who claims that the states that have our are about to enact a ban:

Borrow money from the cigarette companies against future cigarette sales and are having trouble meeting their repayment agreements due to reduced cigarette sales.

Obviously this is hearsay. I have no direct information but I now have some serious questions for my states leadership.

Does Mass borrow money from (anyone) against future cigarette sales?

Is Mass meeting those repayment agreements?

CAN Mass repay the loan at the current level of cigarette sales?

Was the decision to ban vaping in any way intended to INCREASE the use of cigarettes...

Somehow I think the answers are going to be difficult to find.

IF this is true even partly then this ban is one of the most depraved acts since... ever?

Isn't the goal to encourage people NOT to smoke? As opposed to profiting from it?
Ask your friend how that works financially. Are the state's buying corporate bonds from the tobacco companies with just money down and the promise to repay at a future date?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ask your friend how that works financially. Are the state's buying corporate bonds from the tobacco companies with just money down and the promise to repay at a future date?
We were in N. Carolina when the ban here was enacted. Accordingly we stopped in a local shop to pick up a few gallons of "juice". (NOT black market)

The shop keep anecdotally talked bout the Mass ban and made the statement that the states that have enacted bans are in danger of defaulting on "loans" to tobacco companies that were expected to be paid through tobacco tax revenues.

I disavow any knowledge on the topic beyond what I type in the above paragraph. And I'm not trekking back to NC to ask her for clarification [laugh]

Reactions: rsj

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my adult children is a smoker who switched to the Blu vape. He cut back so much on cigarettes in just the first week it was great! Since the ban, he's been back on the butts again...so tonight, just for fun I tried to order Blu vape pods online from their website. Delivery by UPS, signature required, Thursday, 10/31. Anybody else here doing this?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One of my adult children is a smoker who switched to the Blu vape. He cut back so much on cigarettes in just the first week it was great! Since the ban, he's been back on the butts again...so tonight, just for fun I tried to order Blu vape pods online from their website. Delivery by UPS, signature required, Thursday, 10/31. Anybody else here doing this?
We secured supplies so haven't had to, but I hear buying juice and coils right now is much like buying ammo online in mass. At least until Target manned up a while ago. (It comes in plain packages and don't broadcast the names of the companies that will ship here, I mean)

babygorilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have not bought any vaping supllies in MA for the 9 years I have been vaping.

KVX

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judge upholds Gov. Baker’s vaping ban after state health officials report 2nd death
10-30-2019

BOSTON (WHDH) - A judge moved to uphold Governor Charlie Baker’s emergency ban on vaping Wednesday — a ruling that came just hours after health officials announced a second Massachusetts resident has died from a vaping-associated lung injury.

Vape retailers filed a complaint with a Suffolk Superior Court judge asking for an emergency order for a “show cause” hearing in an attempt to delay or end the ban entirely. However, the judge denied the request as news that a woman in her 40s from Middlesex County has died as a result of vaping nicotine.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the woman is among more than 200 suspected vaping-associated lung injury patients that have been reported to the department since September, when Massachusetts began requiring clinicians to immediately report any unexplained lung injury in a patient with a history of vaping.

“Our hearts obviously go out to the friends and family of the woman who died,” Baker said. “This is exactly why we felt it was important to move pretty aggressively on this issue several weeks ago.”

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree it's a "Follow the $" situation, and the the DPRM is working on a way to punitively tax it, to fund some "vape research fund" or something. And, it makes a nice test-run on other, future, "Bans in the Public Interest."

We're only one mass shooting away from having Baker declare a state of emergency and shutting down all gun shops in the state. I'm telling you this is a legal precedent the left and any statist wants to set, the ability to selectively turn off parts of the economy at will. The crisis doesn't even have to be real, just perceived. "We might has a mass shooting so for the good of everyone we need to shut down all gun shops for 4 months until we can 'sort it out'".

The number of people harmed from vaping is miniscule compared to all of the other things going on in the world. The 'vaping study' will just say the same thing that any reasonable already knows "Illegal vaping products, substandard quality, stuff dumped on our shores, etc". So why the sudden sense of urgency?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Judge upholds Gov. Baker’s vaping ban after state health officials report 2nd death
10-30-2019

BOSTON (WHDH) - A judge moved to uphold Governor Charlie Baker’s emergency ban on vaping Wednesday — a ruling that came just hours after health officials announced a second Massachusetts resident has died from a vaping-associated lung injury.

Vape retailers filed a complaint with a Suffolk Superior Court judge asking for an emergency order for a “show cause” hearing in an attempt to delay or end the ban entirely. However, the judge denied the request as news that a woman in her 40s from Middlesex County has died as a result of vaping nicotine.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the woman is among more than 200 suspected vaping-associated lung injury patients that have been reported to the department since September, when Massachusetts began requiring clinicians to immediately report any unexplained lung injury in a patient with a history of vaping.

“Our hearts obviously go out to the friends and family of the woman who died,” Baker said. “This is exactly why we felt it was important to move pretty aggressively on this issue several weeks ago.”

Wow. The same day Juul is accused of knowingly selling contaminated pods.

... A former executive contends in a new lawsuit that Juul released 1 million tainted vaping pods into the market, then failed to warn retailers and consumers.
Siddharth Breja, who had been the vice president of global finance, claims in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that he was “inappropriately terminated” in March, days after raising concerns about a shipment of mint-flavored refill kits and for protesting the company’s refusal to alert the public. The suit also alleges that Juul breached several California business regulations. ...
I know, wapo. But I was too lazy to find the same article on a better site.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
We're only one mass shooting away from having Baker declare a state of emergency and shutting down all gun shops in the state. I'm telling you this is a legal precedent the left and any statist wants to set, the ability to selectively turn off parts of the economy at will. The crisis doesn't even have to be real, just perceived. "We might has a mass shooting so for the good of everyone we need to shut down all gun shops for 4 months until we can 'sort it out'".

The number of people harmed from vaping is miniscule compared to all of the other things going on in the world. The 'vaping study' will just say the same thing that any reasonable already knows "Illegal vaping products, substandard quality, stuff dumped on our shores, etc". So why the sudden sense of urgency?
It's like conquering Russia - it's a steppe by step process. You'll note that it's now menthol smokes. The natural extension is ALL tobacco, since the story on that stuff is known. The only problem is the Tax Revenue that will be lost. But, it can be replaced with a mileage tax on all cars. Fairer than a toll on the Pike. YAY! [puke]

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It gets worse..... the moonbat commies have inserted a civil asset forfeiture clause into a proposed bill... your car can be seized like a drug dealers if they find untaxed vape products in it, if this shit passes...

I've always said MA was shit but this just keeps upping the ante. [rofl]

Last edited:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Vitamin E is safe to ingest as a vitamin pill or as a lotion, but inhaling it can be harmful. However, because it is so cheap and available, it is often used on the black market of vape cartridge as a thickener in vaping fluid — which was killing and injuring consumers, the CDC believes.
Sort of like cutting cocaine with laxatives.

The (ban) has led to a decline in vaping sales and, conversely, an increase in the sales of regular cigarettes. This could transform into a dangerous trend with long-lasting consequences.
Imagine that. Who'd a thunk it?!

Top Bottom