Breaking News - David Ortiz shot during attempted robbery

TC McQuade

NES Member
David Ortiz shot during attempted robbery in Dominican Republic

David Ortiz has been shot in the back in a bar in his native Dominican Republic.

Local media say he was shot and wounded in Dial's disco, in the capital Santo Domingo.

Red Sox legend Ortiz shot in OR, father says

Former Boston Red Sox slugger and Dominican star David Ortiz was shot and wounded at an entertainment center in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, his father told ESPN's Enrique Rojas.

"They called to tell me that David is injured and that they took him to a medical center, but they did not tell me how he is or exactly where he was transferred," Leo Ortiz said via telephone from the Dominican Republic.

"At the moment, everything is confusing. I'm trying to find out where they took my son," Ortiz's father added.

Dionisio Soldevila, a reporter from the Dominican who hosts a radio show with Rojas, told ESPN he spoke with the doctor who first treated Ortiz and was told Ortiz was shot in the lower back and that the bullet went through and came out his stomach. He's currently in surgery, according to Soldevila.

A person who was at the scene told ESPN that Ortiz was wounded by a man, who is being detained, while he was in the "Dial" club in the eastern part of the Dominican capital. Ortiz is being treated at the Dr. Abel González clinic.

Apparently this is who shot David Ortiz. This is what happens when you mess with Papi in the Dominican Republic.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There's no way that was a robbery attempt. Straight up hit shot (albeit, a rather poor one) to the back. Here's hoping Ortiz recovers fast.

For the most part, he's a national treasure down there, so I get why he feels comfortable and relaxed in his home. However, given his net worth and the relative poverty there, I think it would be best if he moved out.

My buddy saved the video of them beating the crap out of the guy on the sidewalk. You can hear them saying "Don't kill him"!!

I've been looking for that, but the intardnet already stripped most of the links. I did see one picture of the guy's face post-beating. Looked like a pizza without the cheese.

Well F him then. I will lose no sleep over the misery/suffering of a grabber and an outspoken celebrity supporter of illegal immigration.

Back
Top Bottom