• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: Man took 5 guns, body armor into Atlantic Station Publix, cops say

I understand, I'm just speculating that this guy did intend to shoot the place up, and that there was no alternative explanation for what he was doing (i.e. headed to the range and had to take a dump and couldn't lock his guns up in his car).
That's a perfectly reasonable explanation in some states, though. If he drives a hatchback and didn't have locks for everything with him... if somebody called the cops for a back seat full of guns, he might have actually broken a law.

Just so you all know, if you want to continue to look insane to people on the fence about guns, keep defending this one
Right. How dare I am to continue defending 2nd amendment and our rights in light of the recent shooting. How DARE I am to defend anyone's right to own deadly AR-14 ghost guns. According to your logic, I must be either crazy or evil. either way, I should be locked up in prison or nuthouse.

We’re not defending the guy...When the news first came out it was sketchy at best. As far as I can tell unless they’re going gonna charge Him with “pre-crime”I must be missing the violation. May be disturbing the peace is all they got them on.It didn’t make any sense for some reason the original article...I hate how they talk about the other incident where the guy shot 10 people in reference in an article about a completely different incident.

It’s like guilt by association for a completely unrelated events. It’s just more anti-gun bullshit

uuhhh...you know Babylon Bee is a satire site, right?
I figured that out right after I posted. There’s like two or three satire sites that I forget are fake all the time..

But that one’s pretty good cause I could totally believe CNN would say something like that

Where’d I do that? When I speculated that he did intend to shoot the place up, or where I said the cops had plenty of probable cause to arrest him? Neither is the same as pronouncing him guilty.

Do you have a problem with the cops arresting him based on the facts as reported?
Yes. Yes. Yes it is.

Yes.

Yes. Yes. Yes it is.

Yes.

No, it isn’t. It’s one guy on the Internet who’s read two news articles about it making a wild, dangerously uninformed guess based on the reported facts. Surely you understand the difference between a guess and some sort of actual conviction or pronouncement of guilt.

Last edited:
The most obvious SCOTUS ruling is that a shrink can't testify during sentencing in a capital case
if the defendant didn't receive benefit of counsel to advise on submitting to the exam.
Wikipedia claims that SCOTUS said there's no generic right to remain silent during an exam,
but the basis for that that isn't jumping out at me.

That’s a real catch 22 right there. So you have no right to remain silent. But then you choose just remain silent, then you declared nuts because you won’t even talk to them

That’s a real catch 22 right there. So you have no right to remain silent. But then you choose just remain silent, then you declared nuts because you won’t even talk to them
That's minutiae.

The pro-tip Howie likes to give moonbats in the MSM is,

Remember to keep your arms out -​
it makes it harder for them to throw the net over you.​

A Heavily Armed Man Caused Panic at a Supermarket. But Did He Break the Law?​

ATLANTA — Two days after a gunman killed 10 people at a Colorado grocery store, leaving many Americans on high alert, Rico Marley was arrested as he emerged from the bathroom at a Publix supermarket in Atlanta. He was wearing body armor and carrying six loaded weapons — four handguns in his jacket pockets, and in a guitar bag, a semiautomatic rifle and a 12-gauge shotgun.

Moments earlier, an Instacart delivery driver had alerted a store employee after seeing Mr. Marley in the bathroom, along with the AR-15-style rifle, which was propped against a wall. A grand jury indictment later described what had come next: “panic, terror and the evacuation of the Publix.”

Mr. Marley, then 22, was arrested without incident that day in March 2021. His lawyer, Charles Brant, noted that he had not made any threats or fired any shots, and had legally purchased his guns. Mr. Marley did not violate Georgia law, Mr. Brant said; he was “just being a person, doing what he had the right to do.”

Indeed, Mr. Marley’s arrest kicked off a long and as yet unresolved legal odyssey in which the criminal justice system waffled over what it could charge him with and whether to set him free. Clearly, visiting the grocery store with a trove of guns had frightened people. But was it illegal?

My mind goes to me being in that Atlanta Publix and heading to the restroom to come face-to-face with this guy exiting.

The first time I was exiting the Circle K on NH Rt114 at the Goffstown/Bedford border and came F2F with a man with a chest rig slung SMG and pistol in a thigh rig, I simultaneously saw his uniform and patches and just smiled and said hello. The New Boston “Space Force” private security guards gas up and buy donuts at the Dunkin routinely. Their slings include a feature than can allow them to move w/o a hand on the rifle grip to stabilize the weapon. If he had been wearing a black mask and body armor, hand on the firearm grip, with no uniform or patches signifying some LEO/security role, I’d have tensed for a hand-to-hand, life-or-death struggle. The next seconds are all hypothetical - I can only rehearse what I’d do in my mind to apply my hand-to-hand training.

If I had met Marley F2F coming out of the restroom in Atlanta, I think I’d have charged him with an arc-hand to the throat or palm-heel to the chin and slammed him back into a door/wall. What would happen next - TBD. If I was more than a few quick steps away, I’d be drawing and moving away while covering him - one “false move” and it’s on. If unarmed, it’s Hail Mary playbook time.. If I got arrested and charged with assault - so be it. Getting stuck in the OODA loop can kill you.

Very interesting case considering the guy didn't seem to be breaking any laws. I get the panic and if I came upon him I probably would have retreated and called cops.

Back
Top Bottom