Breaking in a rifle barrel

wjsmall97

NES Member
I remember seeing a post on the recommended breaking in on a rifle barrel, but could not find it. I have a Browning X-Bolt Micro Hunter in 7mm-08 that needs to be "broken in". Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Bill

1. Make sure you clean the gun well inside and out. Browning puts a anti corrosive compound on everything which is far from lube. If you don't clean it it gets nasty with heat and a little grit.
Barrel break in is a funny thing.
I personally do it the way my dad did.
1 shot clean, 2 shots clean , 3 shots clean, 5 shots clean, 10 shots clean.
Zero rifle check zero before each hunting trip.

Funny I used the search feature here on NES top right hand corner.
I typed in Barrel break in..... your post is the only one that came up on 2 pages. I didn't bother looking past page 2.
You would think barrel break in would pop up more threads about barrel break,in and not air rifles?

Last edited:
I remember seeing a post on the recommended breaking in on a rifle barrel, but could not find it. ...

Factory barrel break in procedure

... Funny I used the search feature here on NES top right hand corner.
I typed in Barrel break in..... your post is the only one that came up on 2 pages. I didn't bother looking past page 2.
You would think barrel break in would pop up more threads about barrel break,in and not air rifles?

1. Questions on breaking in a new barrel
  2. Bull Barrel Break-in
  3. Breaking in a Barrel?
  4. How to break in your barrel for ar-15 rifle?
  5. breaking in a new rifle barrel
  6. AR Gunsmith and Barrel Break-in

Last edited:
I don't remember how I got that list of six threads, but I just belatedly did a Search Titles Only Keyword(s) Advanced Search for ``barrel break in'' and got all those, plus:

Go figure.

I will say because of my lack of computer skills..... the primary search feature on the main page SUCKS. It should just default to the advance section.

Back
Top Bottom