• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2

It can't hurt essentially. Wish there was more good news. It could eventually lead to a SCOTUS case which could go either way, likely not our way if those on this forum don't get over their butt-hurt and come to terms with even a RINO putting in justices is better than Bernie or Hillary (merrrrrr but we need Cruz or Trump... merrr rubio merrrr amnesty). It could also be influential to a 1st circuit or lower court challenge that effects us, but influence would be the best it could do.

Mike

For the most part people on this forum dont matter, aside from you nh people. Ma will not be giving any support to an r therefore mocking Rs is perfectly acceptable.

The opinion was authored by Circuit Chief Judge Traxler - a Clinton appointee. Just saying........

In other words, under the Seventh Circuit’s view, a significant restriction on a fundamental right might be justified by benefits that are quite literally imagined into existence. Needless to say, we see much to question in the Seventh Circuit’s decision.

They had this to say about the 7th Circuit decision in Friedman, a case that was denied cert by SCOTUS this term.

That 7th circuit decision is one of the worst I've read. They openly admit it's all BS but then decide to keep it in place. The dissenter in the 7th decision really smacked the majority around too.

Gotta love another circuit going after the 7th.

- - - Updated - - -

For the most part people on this forum dont matter, aside from you nh people. Ma will not be giving any support to an r therefore mocking Rs is perfectly acceptable.

Reagan won MA. It can happen again. [smile]

The dissenting Judge doesn't seem to have that much to stand on, apart from "Everyone else is doing it!" and "We don't have​ to use strict scrutiny". I'm surprised I didn't see the words common-sense inserted in there.

Unusual? How many AR's and AKs are floating around out there? http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court...s-and-unusual-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/

- - - Updated - - -

Brought to you by this handsome judge
judge.jpg

So are welfare mothers, in public housing, with no ambition. blaming the world for all their problems. Just think of how Chicago and Baltimore became sh*t holes.

Conflict must go to Scotus now.
Could land fill see an uptick on tossed 10 round mags?
The LGS I go to in NC, has a crap load of loose 10 round mags for sale. Must be from mag ban staters that moved to NC.
There in no reason why a resident of MA should have to carry 4 mags to carry the same number of rounds I carry in 2, unless I was carrying two 30 round P30 mags for my wife's VP9. :D
Or maybe I should get a Glock 19 so I can use those nice $40 33 round mags. Ha!

The LGS I go to in NC, has a crap load of loose 10 round mags for sale. Must be from mag ban staters that moved to NC.

Or they're left over from the 10 years when the Federal AWB was in place, and people are still upgrading. Your LGS would probably have a better time wholesaling those to gun shops in mag-limit states. Those shops could sell them to someone who wants a spare or three.

Just go to Riley's or Cabela's in Maine - what happens from there is between you and God.

I think I have the deer-in-the-headlights-cause-I'm-from-Mass look, they'd probably card me.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they're left over from the 10 years when the Federal AWB was in place, and people are still upgrading. Your LGS would probably have a better time wholesaling those to gun shops in mag-limit states. Those shops could sell them to someone who wants a spare or three.

My brother has a whole stash of pre-bans that he won't give me in case he moves back to a ban state. Meanwhile he bounces around between free states like he's teasing me. Arggh.

I think I have the deer-in-the-headlights-cause-I'm-from-Mass look, they'd probably card me.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother has a whole stash of pre-bans that he won't give me in case he moves back to a ban state. Meanwhile he bounces around between free states like he's teasing me. Arggh.

it really is the dumbest excuse for gun control. you're allowed (you good little peasant you) the same thing but it must be this old.

There in no reason why a resident of MA should have to carry 4 mags to carry the same number of rounds I carry in 2, unless I was carrying two 30 round P30 mags for my wife's VP9. :D

I Hate you

So does this ruling change anything in Maryland, or they can continue with their AWB?

I grew up in Maryland, have family there, but they're all antis. I was just curious.

Don't be a douche, plenty of MA residents don't give a shit about the stupid laws and carry the same shit you do.

So does this ruling change anything in Maryland, or they can continue with their AWB?

I grew up in Maryland, have family there, but they're all antis. I was just curious.

\
I don't think it changes anything for right now, it just means that the lower court has to re-review the ban applying "strict scrutiny" rather than "intermediate scrutiny" as the standard of review. Meanwhile, the ban continues in force. There are of course people who don't think Maryland's law could withstand a "strict scrutiny" review but that is mere punditry at this point. I've also seen some comments that this sets up a circuit split which would make the matter ripe for review by SCOTUS.

Under the light of strict scrutiny and data from the sunset of the federal AWB, I don't think the state can "prove that the restriction furthers a compelling interest and is narrowly tailored to achieve that interest"

This should be the death knell for the AWB in Maryland and should lead to ripple effect on other states.

Under the light of strict scrutiny and data from the sunset of the federal AWB, I don't think the state can "prove that the restriction furthers a compelling interest and is narrowly tailored to achieve that interest"

This should be the death knell for the AWB in Maryland and should lead to ripple effect on other states.

OH GOD please !!

Some animals are more equal than others. Look at Massachusetts. That latest cluster specifically exempted cops from the AWB. When LA passed their safe storage laws recently, they exempted cops because "they might need their firearms to defend themselves".

Great idea i have some other proposals the libs should like:

1. ban religion but exempt Christians
2. ban the press but exempt Fox News
3. allow denial of the right to vote for women, but exempt hot women

There, that should do it.

We can only hope.

Of course as far as the MA AWB goes, we would need a case in the federal First Circuit (which includes Mass.) that took notice of such a decision, or a SCOTUS decision that ruled the AWB unconstitutional, *and* we would need the Commonwealth to abide by that decision, when they have a history of not abiding by court decisions they don't like.

We can only hope.

Of course as far as the MA AWB goes, we would need a case in the federal First Circuit (which includes Mass.) that took notice of such a decision, or a SCOTUS decision that ruled the AWB unconstitutional, *and* we would need the Commonwealth to abide by that decision, when they have a history of not abiding by court decisions they don't like.
If SCOTUS made a decision that ruled the AWB unconstitutional, they would have a no choice. Anyone arrested on any charges would have an easy win in court.

Back
Top Bottom