• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING: Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2

The more the left-wing Statists frame the issue around public safety, the more they win. Even if they are wrong, lie, and are politically motivated, they scare the Sheeple into demanding disarmament of the 3%.

With the Ferguson situation, gun rights advocates should piggyback on the calls for demilitarization of gov't agency forces to reaffirm the need for a citizenry as well armed as the gov't.

The more the left-wing Statists frame the issue around public safety, the more they win. Even if they are wrong, lie, and are politically motivated, they scare the Sheeple into demanding disarmament of the 3%.

With the Ferguson situation, gun rights advocates should piggyback on the calls for demilitarization of gov't agency forces to reaffirm the need for a citizenry as well armed as the gov't.
The shop owners are asking where the cops are, they need to be more like the Korean store owners during the LA riots http://twitchy.com/2014/08/16/fergu...tore-owners-plead-for-help-where-the-cops-at/

- - - Updated - - -

Although some are George Sells @GeorgeSells Follow Owners of SAMs Meat Market defending their store because they say police won't. @FOX2now #ferguson
6:44 AM - 16 Aug 2014

I disagree. The other side will only pile on with restrictions on the police, and EVEN MORE restrictions on civilians.

Frank Miniter frames the ruling in a new piece in Forbes with a good bit of context.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2014/08/26/the-second-amendments-defining-moment/
In her 47-page decision Judge Blake systematically presented the facts and then judged them, not by the facts, but by her politics.
For all of this Judge Blake drew on data provided by two anti-gun groups. To her the numbers and substantial data supplied by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for firearms manufacturers, the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others was inconvenient.

She didn’t care that figures from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) show that between 1990 and 2012, U.S. manufacturers produced approximately 4,796,400 AR-15-type rifles (what she deemed “assault weapons”) for sale to U.S. citizens. Also during 2012, some 3,415,000 of these semiautomatic rifles were imported into the U.S. for sale to citizens. In Maryland specifically, from 1994 to 2012, there were a total of 604,051 transfers of regulated firearms, of which some 46,577 were so-called “assault weapons.” (I say “so called” because the term can only be defined politically.) This, of course, doesn’t count any private sales of these firearms that have grown so popular most manufacturers had been back ordered for years and are just now starting to meet demand.

No

Pro RKBA are a very small minority in deep blue states like Maryland and Mass.....might as well piss into the wind of a noreaster

If all of you Pro RKBA people were to decide to stop being involutary donors to the progressive dem machine and beat feet to a battleground or red state it would have the following impact.

1. It would deprive Mass/Maryland and other states of tax revenues of productive people and before long the progressive machine would collapse under the weight of its own filth
2. It would deprive Mass/Maryland and other states of REPRESENTATION in Congress based on population thus reducing their ability to wage war on our rights at the fed level.
3. It would result in turning battleground states red
4. It would result in INCREASING representation at the federal level of Pro RKBA states based on population

Getting people to stop being involutary donors to the progressive machine by leaving states like Mass will solve our problems in just a couple years.

Probably one of the best, most logical posts I've ever seen here.

I moved to NH less than 30 days ago. I was ecstatic to see what was usually 5.3% removed from my check, back in place. I'm in line for a huge pay raise in December, and I'm even more happy that Mass will see none of it.

We have to change NH back to red. The mere fact that O won this state is a travesty.

Yeah, except that it's completely unrealistic to think that getting even most of the pro-RKBA people in a blue state to move to a red state will have any material impact on anything over any amount of time, let alone in "just a couple of years." It's an academic discussion anyway because even people who you could categorize as "pro-RKBA" are never all going to be intensely focused on the topic enough to abandon family and jobs to move. Hell, what percentage of the posters here on NES have made the move to NH (or elsewhere)?

Last edited:
Unusual? How many AR's and AKs are floating around out there? http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court...s-and-unusual-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/

- - - Updated - - -

Brought to you by this handsome judge
judge.jpg

Serious.
My Norton security software reported the page on this link has dangerous malware and would not let me browse there.

Another dumbass 2nd amendment only protects flintlock musket type. .. Somebody post a thats a man baby meme quickly!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

mykkthcajn.jpg

The panel affirms the district court’s denial of Plaintiffs’ Equal Protection challenge to the statutory exception allowing retired law enforcement officers to possess prohibited semi-automatic rifles.

How does this not qualify for an equal protection challenge?

Translation

Maryland got smacked down HARD

Semi Auto's and Mags ARE protected by 2A and the Md ban on most of these firearms appears to have been ruled unconstitutional as the lower court has been ORDERED to apply strict scrutiny

This is a huge decision that has potentially fatal implications for every AWB out there

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/appeals-court-orders-judge-to-reconsider-md-gun-law-ruling/37818304#comments

Nice. To bad it won't affect us M*******s.

The opinion was authored by Circuit Chief Judge Traxler - a Clinton appointee. Just saying........

They had this to say about the 7th Circuit decision in Friedman, a case that was denied cert by SCOTUS this term.

In other words, under the Seventh Circuit’s view, a significant restriction on a fundamental right might be justified by benefits that are quite literally imagined into existence. Needless to say, we see much to question in the Seventh Circuit’s decision.

Last edited:
Translation

Maryland got smacked down HARD

Semi Auto's and Mags ARE protected by 2A and the Md ban on most of these firearms appears to have been ruled unconstitutional as the lower court has been ORDERED to apply strict scrutiny

This is a huge decision that has potentially fatal implications for every AWB out there

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/appeals-court-orders-judge-to-reconsider-md-gun-law-ruling/37818304#comments

That is awesome news!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I believe the breaking part is now that the judge who made the original ruling got bitch slapped.

Why exactly would people want to move to "shitty states" as you put it when people who live in "shitty states" can move to "Good States" and accomplish more?

Wouldn't the laws in poorer states weaken 2A? And wouldn't they eventually serve as 'models' for the better states who get strapped with liberal leaders now and then? The more people who are able to exercise freedom the better all would be. If 30 states had outlawed the AR15 then it's not going to be so common anymore. And anti people from the bad states moving to your freer state will try and drag you down to their level. Not to mention the whole electoral college!

So when can I place my order for a case of Pmags? That was obviously in jest, but what's the realistic outcome for those of us in MA?

So when can I place my order for a case of Pmags? That was obviously in jest, but what's the realistic outcome for those of us in MA?

It can't hurt essentially. Wish there was more good news. It could eventually lead to a SCOTUS case which could go either way, likely not our way if those on this forum don't get over their butt-hurt and come to terms with even a RINO putting in justices is better than Bernie or Hillary (merrrrrr but we need Cruz or Trump... merrr rubio merrrr amnesty). It could also be influential to a 1st circuit or lower court challenge that effects us, but influence would be the best it could do.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom