BREAKING: Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2

mikeyp

NES Member
Unusual? How many AR's and AKs are floating around out there? http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court...s-and-unusual-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/

- - - Updated - - -

Brought to you by this handsome judge
judge.jpg

Well I guess this judge will need to be overturned by SCOTUS. Just because they have ruled that defense of hearth and home is at the core of 2A, does not mean that defense outside the home and of the common defense is not also at the heart of the 2A. Her opinion about "common use" using percentages over raw numbers falls purely in the category of subjective opinion.

While she might say it's only 3% and only by 1% of the general population, I might say "It's 8 million guns in use" which is pretty common.

Upon review of all the parties’ evidence, the court seriously doubts that the banned assault long guns are commonly possessed for lawful purposes, particularly self-defense in the home, which is at the core of the Second Amendment right, and is inclined to find the weapons fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual.

Uh No.

As for their claims that assault weapons are well-suited for self-defense, the plaintiffs proffer no evidence beyond their desire to possess assault weapons for self-defense in the home that they are in fact commonly used, or possessed, for that purpose.

doesn't sound like this case was well presented. All they need is the police manuals on how the AR-15 makes a great patrol rifle, pretty much for all the reasons someone would want it for home defense... there was a pdf floating around here somewhere with it

Finally, despite the plaintiffs’ claims that they would like to use assault weapons for defensive purposes, assault weapons are military-style weapons designed for offensive use, and are equally, or possibly even more effective, in functioning and killing capacity as their fully automatic versions.

seriously, is this ruling even real? I feel like it's trolling

Another dumbass 2nd amendment only protects flintlock musket type. .. Somebody post a thats a man baby meme quickly!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Last edited:
I bet these "unaccompanied minors" flooding into the country are more dangerous and unusual than our AR's and AK's.

Remember, if the 2nd Amendment only protects flintlocks, then the Freedom of the Press only protects print media and the Freedom of Speech only protects speech not reproduced by mechanical means.

Liberals love to wax poetic about the "living breathing constitution" until it comes to something they don't like.

Last I checked dc v heller, arms considered "common use at the time" were protected from the subjective term "dangerous and unusual".

Not losing sleep on this one

The important thing is gun owners lost in Maryland--significantly--and the absurdity of the judge's ruling illustrates the need for gun owners to abandon ban states for free states to bolster the ranks of gun owners where they can make a difference.

The important thing is gun owners lost in Maryland--significantly--and the absurdity of the judge's ruling illustrates the need for gun owners to abandon ban states for free states to bolster the ranks of gun owners where they can make a difference.

wouldn't it actually be better the other way? if gun owners fled to shitty states to bolster the ranks of the outnumbered?

Dear Politicians, Bureaucrats, Appointees, and Sundry Hangers On:

We've really had about enough of ugly, angry Lesbians.

Sincerely (etc),

The American People

"Finally, despite the plaintiffs’ claims that they would like to use assault weapons for defensive purposes, assault weapons are military-style weapons designed for offensive use,"

So never in the history of the military has a squad, unit, platoon, or battalion ever taken a defensive posture with an M16 since they have been in service? They always attacked and never had to "defend" a position? I mean I know the US Military is the BEST in the world but there had to be at least one time they used their weapons to defend themselves. That's the whole point behind a firearm. It can be used for offense or defense just like a baseball bat or a knife or a brick. She is a mushroom. I think her elevator stopped going to the top a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom