• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking: Diversified Machining (form 1 suppressor supplies) raided by BATFE

And I still see YT ads for a filter-trap thing. The entire ad is them shooting a suppressor. One would think they’d be targeting low-hanging fruit.

According to the letter you are supposed to contact ATF for abandonment of illegal parts and / or suppressors.

According to the letter you are supposed to contact ATF for abandonment of illegal parts and / or suppressors.
If you choose not to call the ATF, and are a "Lets Go Brandon" insurrectionist, or any other persona non grata - the ATF can raid your house at any time.

Somebody like @enbloc with his meme making skills needs to make a meme with the guy in the red suit sweating while trying to decide what button to push.

A while back I posted on the legalities of just have an UN-assembled collection of these parts.
I thought it would be cool to own just the parts. I probably would not have done so even though they were legal at the time.

Lot's of folks said it was a stupid idea.

IF I did in fact make a purchase, I'd be talking to a gun lawyer right now. I would not trust the ATF to simply take back the parts with a smile and not charge me with a crime in the mean time.

I'm sure the ATF is going to prioritize whose houses to raid first based on who they want to make an example of.

Somebody like @enbloc with his meme making skills needs to make a meme with the guy in the red suit sweating while trying to decide what button to push.
IF I did in fact make a purchase, I'd be talking to a gun lawyer right now. I would not trust the ATF to simply take back the parts with a smile and not charge me with a crime in the mean time.
Totally wrong meme, dude.

67e.jpg

Totally wrong meme, dude.

67e.jpg
Wrong meme?

When the ATF comes to these folks houses and the folks don't produce the silencer - the ATF is going to tear the place apart room by room and breaking inside walls.

Then they will be arrested and thrown in jail indefinitely just like the J6 folks.

They'll never get out until they charter a fishing boat with full SCUBA hook up.

The folks that bought these should be VERY scared about now.

I think the premise of the letter is "we saw you purchased from diversified machine. We searched our databases and dont see you listed as having registered any nfa items"

A buddy bought from diversified machine, he did the proper form 1 stuff, got approved and all that. I asked him about his kit, and he said the "kit" is pretty much all finished with the exception of the end cap not being drilled.

C'mon, that's poking the bear, that's along the lines of those 80's that were all but done with the FCG filled with some polymer you could scrape out.

Its not surprising to me anyway. Other solvent trap kits i've bought had to be finished 100%. I did my form1, got approved, went and had it engraved, THEN built it. Some companies you have to provide them a copy of a submitted form1 before they'll sell to you.

Theres good companies and products out there for the DIY'er, then there's companies that just wanna flirt with authorities.

I'm not supporting the ABC's here, just stating what is obvious, not that I agree with it.

I hope some internet blogger does this...

Actually call up the ATF and tell them he is ready to surrender the parts.

Document the whole thing on the internet.

It would get tons of views.

Showing the world that he complied could protect him from a raid or an unfortunate accident.

I hope some internet blogger does this...

Actually call up the ATF and tell them he is ready to surrender the parts.

Document the whole thing on the internet.

It would get tons of views.

Showing the world that he complied could protect him from a raid or an unfortunate accident.
Some kid on Reddit did this yesterday. Called his local office and they were not aware of the letter whatsoever. They asked him to send it over to them.

Folks, When I saw those items being advertised my spidey senses kicked in and made the comment to others, as to who the hell are they shitting. Those are unfinished suppressors. This was only a matter of time.

you would think if you were a) smart enough to fabricate/complete parts kits and b) willing to commit a decent felony, you would also commit a second and third felony, buying/making/stealing a post office mailbox master key, and mailing that shit to a dead drop.

According to the internet.
The ATF has 2600 ish field agents in total.
Worldwide.
Anyone think that army will be decending on millions of DIY builders anytime soon?
Honestly?
Because I'm sure all of us might know someone that has parts, pieces, or something that could be construed as a potential NFA item.
Does the spare stock sitting next to my AR pistol with a brace on it make me a felon?
Or the bolt that's threaded 1/2-28 female by 3/4-16 male?
Should I cower in my basement and keep my dog close?
Grow a set and get real.

They might come knock on your door, but a warrant? For something you bought years ago - that you may or may not still have? If they had enough for a search warrant they would have gone that route already. The ATF isn't there to help you. The letter is trying to get you to admit to having the parts MEANING INCRIMINATE YOURSELF - that will get a search warrant issued.

If they show up at your door, for the love of all that is holy and goes bang or woof - DON'T SAY A THING. Direct them to your lawyer.

Worldwide.
Anyone think that army will be decending on millions of DIY builders anytime soon?
Honestly?
Of course not. They'll just build a couple of heavy cases against ordinary people, publicize the hell out of it within the gun community, and scare the rest into compliance.

Pour encourager les autres, naturallement.

Worldwide.
Honestly?
Because I'm sure all of us might know someone that has parts, pieces, or something that could be construed as a potential NFA item.
Does the spare stock sitting next to my AR pistol with a brace on it make me a felon?
Or the bolt that's threaded 1/2-28 female by 3/4-16 male?
Should I cower in my basement and keep my dog close?
Grow a set and get real.
if the retired one's I've come across are any example, a small sample of less than half dozen, they have enough oversight of regulated businesses outside of the 'F' than to worry about someone that might have something that might be illegal and just don't care. People forget that they also regulate the A and T.

News is breaking of ARF that Christopher Ridenour the owner of Diversified machine has commit suicide. He was scheduled to be sentenced today at 2pm.

May he Rest In Peace. I can’t even believe this whole thing. Our founding fathers are ashamed of this nation.

Sad.

I’ve come close to getting caught up in things. Things that where completely legit, but the people up the stream f***ed up.. I probably wouldn’t of surrendered my stuff willingly… And I definitely wouldn’t have committed suicide.

Even though he clearly and knowly did a stupid thing.. It’s still very sad and it never should’ve been a crime to begin with.

I think I lucked out because I was so broke at the time, and those grenade fuses were way too good of a deal to pass up, but I still took a pass on them.

Sounds like a sketchy thing to do but I was buying all kinds of ridiculous shit at the time. And stuff like that only comes up every now and then. The whole solvent trap thing was a clear bad call.

Why didn’t he wait until after his conviction to commit suicide? I guess he wasn’t thinking rationally

Why didn’t he wait until after his conviction to commit suicide? I guess he wasn’t thinking rationally
He was convicted. He pled guilty as his co conspirators testified against him.

When they were selling solvent traps they were a legal way to do a form one, and then the ATF decided they were no longer legal.

Back
Top Bottom