Breaking: Diversified Machining (form 1 suppressor supplies) raided by BATFE

At one point I was thinking of getting a solvent trap since they are technically not illegal. (And, keeping as a solvent trap)

My dog is glad I didn't.

If ANYBODY has bought a solvent trap from ANYWHERE in the past year or so - get your dog a heated dog house and put him out back.

I expect the business records of lots of companies to be seized in due time.

I also expect compromised gun owners to go out looking for people to sell or do illegal things to lighten their sentence.

For those folks running cottage industries from home selling stuff - you best keep a record of your profits and expenses.

Taxes are a small price to pay to keep your "business" running.

Remember that Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion and not murder.

You know what else is coming... they'll go backdoor.
Seize records to find out who bought parts and claim that they are hiding/own unserialized frames/receivers.
Bought some takedown pins and springs from brownells? Keep the dog hidden in the attic like Anne Frank.

If only I have the NRA more money, I could’ve prevented this

They speak English in What????

il_570xN.1373811907_oyw1.jpg

Form 1'ing a homemade can? Still legal to collect the parts while I wait for a stamp? (migunowners.org)

So, apparently ATF has been after these kinds of things for quite some time...

Read reply 2 or 3. This company makes a kit. (Sound familiar?) Buy the kit, get your Form 1. Assemble suppressor.

Sounds like the ATF has made a definite policy decision - if you buy all the parts to make X, a regulated item, it's effectively the same as selling said item.

All that said, regardless if it's P80 or this place or wherever, a simple phone call would have sufficed. This is overkill on a Ruby Ridge level. Calm the F down, ATF!

Sounds like the ATF has made a definite policy decision - if you buy all the parts to make X, a regulated item, it's effectively the same as selling said item.

All that said, regardless if it's P80 or this place or wherever, a simple phone call would have sufficed. This is overkill on a Ruby Ridge level. Calm the F down, ATF!

I think the decision might more be "whats the final package?" a lower by itself might be 80% of a firearm, but the full kit counts as part of the extra 20%?

I don't know if there's any 80% ar manufactuters that sell the U+LPk, barrel, and upper, but if there were I'd pucker up.

Read reply 2 or 3. This company makes a kit. (Sound familiar?) Buy the kit, get your Form 1. Assemble suppressor.

Ruby ridge level ready to be upgraded to WACO level once Biden gets in (if).

Based on the threads on Form 1 Suppressor and ARFCOM, the keys to getting yourself an ATF Holiday Visit as a manufacturer are 1) "complete" kits; and/or 2) center-marked "cups," i.e. baffles. Those were specifically mentioned in the ATF C&D letters and during the "visits."

I think the decision might more be "whats the final package?" a lower by itself might be 80% of a firearm, but the full kit counts as part of the extra 20%?

I don't know if there's any 80% ar manufactuters that sell the U+LPk, barrel, and upper, but if there were I'd pucker up.

The 80% designation refers to a lower that is 80% complete. It is not saying that the lower by itself is 80% of a firearm. 80% lowers for AR-15s for example don't have trigger pockets or pin holes.

Really? With all the shit going down around him right now, you think Pistol Braces are on his radar? I mean, WTF?
Trump totally needs to drop what he's doing,
lose the contest (and maybe sink the entire Republic),
and focus with laser-like intensity on issuing orders to Deep State ATFers;
Deep State ATFers who have been ignoring him for four years
and are guaranteed to be ignoring him for the next four years no matter what happens;
issuing orders to stop handing out Stupid Prizes to people that are playing Stupid Games.

I know, but clearly the ATF no longer agrees.

Yeah - I'm not sure how they got there. I honestly don't see how the "Buy, Build, Shoot" kit can be declared as a firearm. The lower in that kit is an 80% lower. Yet somehow the bundling of it with the upper and lpk makes it a firearm? That's just not consistent with their earlier statements and actions.

Starting to wonder if they're actually going to be able to get AR15s declared as NFA items.

And starting to consider my own personal options.

On what grounds? Ease of conversion to FA?

Nope. Without ground. Just because.

Back
Top Bottom