Bravo Comapny

I used to scoll down their pages looking for green instock uppers, any at all, and always come up red out of stock on everything.
But mow that everyone and their mother has an AR, It like Christmas in July, well August over there. They have a bunch of instock uppers. If you ever wanted to own a bcm upper now is the time.

It is odd how they were $225 with mandatory donation to the NRA when they were hard to come by. When they have more than they can get rid of, the NRA is no longer a worthy cause.

Dave

It was their way of trying to manage high demand with limited supply. IIRC, they stated something to the effect of preferring to give the extra money to the NRA than let resellers get it.

It is odd how they were $225 with mandatory donation to the NRA when they were hard to come by. When they have more than they can get rid of, the NRA is no longer a worthy cause.

Dave

The idea with the NRA donation was that they wanted to reduce the incentive for people to buy up BCGs just to resell them (BCG scalping, basically). Rather than increasing the price and keeping the extra money, they allotted the extra as an NRA donation as a sign of good faith that they weren't just increasing prices to profit from the spike in demand. Once supply caught up with demand, there was no more need for the increased price so they brought it back down to the prior level.

They could have just increased their price and kept the additional profits, but I'm guessing they didn't want to risk sacrificing goodwill with their customers. Doing the NRA donation thing let them bring the price closer to the current market rate to deter resellers without giving the appearance of taking advantage of the crazy market.

Dave

219 WITH a gunfighter charging handle.

The idea with the NRA donation was that they wanted to reduce the incentive for people to buy up BCGs just to resell them (BCG scalping, basically). Rather than increasing the price and keeping the extra money, they allotted the extra as an NRA donation as a sign of good faith that they weren't just increasing prices to profit from the spike in demand. Once supply caught up with demand, there was no more need for the increased price so they brought it back down to the prior level.

They could have just increased their price and kept the additional profits, but I'm guessing they didn't want to risk sacrificing goodwill with their customers. Doing the NRA donation thing let them bring the price closer to the current market rate to deter resellers without giving the appearance of taking advantage of the crazy market.

You may be right, but why didn't they do it with all their products that were being bought and immediately resold? Why only on BCGs?

Dave

You may be right, but why didn't they do it with all their products that were being bought and immediately resold? Why only on BCGs?

Dave

I think because BCGs were for a time very hard to come by. Other parts were much more easily obtained, but if you wanted to actually operate your new build you'd need to either be quick on the draw online or pay a lot of money.

Their BCGs went in and out of stock in a couple of minutes, if that.

Their uppers (and a lot of other stuff) lasted longer.

Dave

I think because BCGs are something that everybody wants/needs. Their other products are more specific to an individual user's needs (barrel length, barrel material, handguard type, etc.) and may be harder to do a quick turnaround if nobody wants that specific configuration. Everybody, no matter what they're building, needs a BCG, so a reseller can be pretty sure that they will resell the BCGs quickly.

Their BCGs went in and out of stock in a couple of minutes, if that.

Their uppers (and a lot of other stuff) lasted longer.

Take it from someone who was trying to nab a BCM BCG from October-May... once there were in stock, they'd run out before you had the chance to go through their checkout. Nothing else went that quickly.

BCM BCG's were ridiculously difficult to get your hands on going back to at least November. A little story...

due to another NES'r (I forget who it was but thanks!) mentioning back in pre-full retard 2012 that every night at around 6pm BCM would update their BCG inventory, I sat down at like 5pm and refreshed the page every 30sec until low and behold around like 5:50 they came back in stock. I snagged one and IIRC by 5:55pm they were sold out again. As far as I know it got even worse in 2013.

I have a complete BCM upper on my rifle. It's great. I haven't had any problems other than a bad magazine. I run everything through it.

Back
Top Bottom