Brass?

seanc

NES Member
I was told recently that brass is actually worth something.

I have a ton of once fired. In various calibers. Is this of value?
I have not been reloading in years. But always kept it.

Sure, especially with starlinebrass being backordered or not taking orders on a lot of it. I don't know what you should ask for it. If I were you, I'd look for unprocessed, once-fired brass on the interwebs and undercut the prices I found for each caliber. For the ones I couldn't find once-fired, I'd take Starline's price and maybe divide by 2.

Sure, especially with starlinebrass being backordered or not taking orders on a lot of it. I don't know what you should ask for it. If I were you, I'd look for unprocessed, once-fired brass on the interwebs and undercut the prices I found for each caliber. For the ones I couldn't find once-fired, I'd take Starline's price and maybe divide by 2.
Just trying to figure out if it actually worth going green again and counting it all out Bagging it up etc..

Go green. Another way to bag them is by weight. That is, as long as the calibers are separated you could weigh 3 groups of ten pieces for a caliber to get an average weight and then scale to the quantity you want sell. Just make sure you advertise that you’re selling by weight since the actual quantity could be off a few cases either way (I’m sure you won’t get complaints if there are more than advertised).

Depending on the pricing I would be interested in several calibers listed (9, 38, 357, 45, 45LC, 223 and if you have any 7.62 x 39.

He should multiply by .5 that way he isn't cutting into his profits 😉

How about this? How much say 9 or 45 (that is what I have the most of) would it take for somebody to pay for my green membership?

that is motivational for me, and hopefully does not violate any rules.
my membership expired at the begging of the month and I have a bunch of bills right now.

This recent post gives some potential prices...but note that the only thing that has sold is a 45ACP lot (which has been removed from the post).

Smaller lots will bring more per round, but you'll have to deal with meeting more people.

Here is a 45ACP one: 45acp Brass
(8 cents per is not cheap and the pic shows an ejector smashed one) Also, if you are not sure if there are small primer pockets, that will cause some price loss as no one wants to deal with it.

My experience is that the common calibers (9 mm, 45ACP, 223) are harder to sell than the less common calibers since you just end up competing on price.

Last edited:
How about this? How much say 9 or 45 (that is what I have the most of) would it take for somebody to pay for my green membership?

my membership expired at the begging of the month and I have a bunch of bills right now.
At 3 cents a case for 9 mm, you'd need to sell 800 cases to pay for your membership ($25, but $22 by check). I think you could sell it for 3 cents no problem. For 3 cents, I would buy some just to pay for your membership :)

At 3 cents a case for 9 mm, you'd need to sell 800 cases to pay for your membership ($25, but $22 by check). I think you could sell it for 3 cents no problem. For 3 cents, I would buy some just to pay for your membership :)
And I'd do the same for .45 ACP (Large Primer) at 4 cents per !! Plus I'd pay postage to RI !!! [smile]

Do I hear 5¢ ?

There's always a market for fired brass. You should be able t get more than scrap value. Ask a scrap yard about the going rate and then figure about double that...

30lbs
Seriously 800 9mm is what 7lbs maybe ?
I sent you a PM
But honestly if you dont want to sort it find some middle ground and unload it by the pound.

Why go green? Your method appears to working just fine 😂
my membership lapsed at the end of last month. I will renew as now that it’s a new calendar year I can sell off more guns.

but I have a lot of bills right now. And just can’t swing it.. so.. if I could parlay trading some brass for a go green. That would work.

30lbs
Seriously 800 9mm is what 7lbs maybe ?
I sent you a PM
But honestly if you dont want to sort it find some middle ground and unload it by the pound.
As scrap - 30 lbs. I was indicating 800 cases sold as usable.

Some where between The middle of scrap and useable is where my thoughts where going.
I bought 2 5 gallon buckets in 2019
Guy did not want to clean or sort them.
At the time the local scrap yard was paying .89c/lb I offered him $1.50 lb
223,30car and a bunch of 9mm and 40

I gave the 40 cal away , loaded up the 30 carbine and have the 223 on standby.
The 9mm , I dont load so it sits for the future.

Not to hijack anyone’s thread (but here it goes)…

I’d like to find someone that wants to trade fired and sorted brass cases for calibers they don’t reload. I currently have about 1.5 gallons of .380 that I do not plan to ever load. I also have about a gallon of .45’s and .40’s cases.
I’d like to trade for 9mm preferably as that’s the only caliber I reload now and if I was going to add a caliber later it would be .223.

I know this might be a stretch, but is anyone interested? Reply or DM me pls

And if you have a great reason why I shouldn’t do this, I’d love to hear that as well.
I think most people will tell you to become a member (Go Green) and post in the wanted to trade section for reloading components...not sure if your post will be seen as trying to evade that.

Back
Top Bottom