• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brass Sorter Trays

My wife got me a set of these for Christmas and I love them. I see them quite often at pistol matches. Saves a LOT of time sorting brass. They are worth the money.

Good luck.

I love them. I have also purchased the .380 metal insert that enables me to sort .380 from 9mm prior to them interrupting the flow on my 650.

If I recall correctly, they were cheaper on the manufacturer's website.

I use them all the time. I bought the metal tray to separate .380 and 9mm. It works but it's too slow. I stand all the 9mm and .380 up on the edge of the bench and look at them from the side. It's easy to pick out the shorter .380 cases and faster than trying to read headstamps with old eyes.

I have had this system for several years and love it. I run all of my brass through it to weed out the occasional odd cases that get mixed in. Great way to make sure that all of the brass is the same caliber and also does a great job of getting the dirt out. This system is invaluable for those who have a case feeder on their presses.

Another vote for these. I picked my set up at a gun show a yr or two ago... they've saved countless hours since.

Last edited:
They work well but there's still a need to inspect all the cases afterwards for 9mm with .380 stuck inside. Both will hide in a .45 case.

Quick follow-up to my initial post. I bought these trays a few months back and the bottom line is I love these trays. For my use case these cut my brass sorting time down by at least 75%. After range trips I throw all my range pick up brass into a 5 gallon bucket. When it gets to about full I sort by caliber into caliber specific bins. This use to take me a lot of time, but not anymore.

Only negative comment I have to say about these bins is the cost. I bought the trays and the additional .380 sorter straight from the company that makes them. I think after shipping it cost me around $55. At the end of the day these are plastic trays, so $50+ is a lot for plastic. But they are guaranteed to significantly reduce your sorting time. Now if they only made something to quickly sort out small primer .45 ACP brass.

Back
Top Bottom