• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

brass cleaning - ultrasonic?

I don't know if it would be cost-effective, or do any better job than a conventional corn-cob media and case polish regimen in a vibratory cleaner would.

When one gun shop-owning friend experimented with an ultrasonic gun cleaner for gun cleaning, he accidentally stripped the bluing off the gun. Fortunately for him, his customer was a really good sport.

When one gun shop-owning friend experimented with an ultrasonic gun cleaner for gun cleaning, he accidentally stripped the bluing off the gun. Fortunately for him, his customer was a really good sport.

What was he using for a solvent? Are you sure it was an ultrasonic device and not electropolishing? I use an ultrasonic cleaner all the time with no ill effects to blued guns.

What was he using for a solvent? Are you sure it was an ultrasonic device and not electropolishing? I use an ultrasonic cleaner all the time with no ill effects to blued guns.

Yes, I'm sure it was an industrial strength ultrasonic tank-style parts cleaner. Unfortunate story...

What parts do you clean, and what do you use as a cleaner? I have done one of my polymer framed guns (frame only) in dish soap and water.

Back
Top Bottom