• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brand New Glock Squib

remanufactured isn't really like some club member made it for them, its professionally loaded ammo. I think there's a company on the cape that make remanufactured ammo.

@Adaboy you should contact the place you bought it and the manufacturer and complain about this. They should make it right.
Make what right? He knocked out the projo and his guns fine. What does the guy owe him? 10 cents for the round that was a squib?

Make what right? He knocked out the projo and his guns fine. What does the guy owe him? 10 cents for the round that was a squib?

Well would you feel comfortable shooting the rest of that box? Most ammo manufacturers will refund you for the box or all the boxes you bought if you have a problem and let them know.

The place he got it from would probably appreciate knowing the ammo could be problematic too so another customer doesn't blow up his gun with a squib he doesn't recognize like the OP did.

Well would you feel comfortable shooting the rest of that box? Most ammo manufacturers will refund you for the box or all the boxes you bought if you have a problem and let them know.

The place he got it from would probably appreciate knowing the ammo could be problematic too so another customer doesn't blow up his gun with a squib he doesn't recognize like the OP did.
I'm under the assumption he got the ammo from his gun club as reloads.

Well he said remanufactured which is the term used on the boxes of the ammo I described. If they were reloads, I doubt anyone would call them 'remanufactured'.
IIRC Black Hills Ammo made thier mark selling “remanufactured” ammo.
Its just a term used for non virgin brass maybe loaded with pull doen bullets and powder?

Ohh okay. Yeah I forgot about the companies that make reman ammo. Like that Bullseye ammo that comes in a blue box and is made in RI if I recall?

Bullseye is a gun shop in Woonsocket, RI. I'm from RI and I've been to his shop often. There's no way in hell I'd buy whatever he's brewed up. My advice, stay far away.

Bare minimum, he should at least inform the "manufacturer" to make them aware of the issue to hopefully prevent future squibs. A squib can have lethal consequences, like if he ejected the brass, chambered a new round, and fired a bullet with the squib in the barrel.

IIRC Black Hills Ammo made thier mark selling “remanufactured” ammo.
Its just a term used for non virgin brass maybe loaded with pull doen bullets and powder?

Years ago a company called Talon Mfg remanufactured military surplused ammo. They were a demilling company that demilled all types of military ordnance. They had to disassemble then reassemble the ammo before they coukd sell it[banghead]
Another stupid regulation by the feds.

I still have some of their .50bmg.....it is remanufactured Lake City and man was it cheap! I remember picking it up in Ohio for $100 a can of 100. I'd always leave that distributor with a heavy vehicle and a light walket.
[smile]

No way in hell would i shoot another round of that stuff. I've easily plowed through 50k (probably more) of 9mm in my lifetime and never had a single squib. I've only ever had squibs in 38spl and those, i knew they were there..... (powder return rod fell off press because not adjusted). Batch got sequestered as possible squibs.... sure enough, one was in there...

Well he said remanufactured which is the term used on the boxes of the ammo I described. If they were reloads, I doubt anyone would call them 'remanufactured'.
sddefault.jpg

I've bought thousands of rounds of reloaded ammo from Armco back in the day, 9mm lead non-jacked and was filthy, but worked and never had a problem. I don't know what kind of equipment they were running it off of, but it was some serious capacity. It was cheap and available when I didn't have a lot of money. And it let me work on developing muscle memory so that the draw and triple tap was just automatic.
The point is reloads can be done every bit as well as new, it depends on who is doing it and how they are doing it. And cheap ammo has its place.

I had my first squib on July 30th.

The result:

20200730_172435.jpg

Easy fix, barrel replacement, was shooting it again 3 weeks later.

Well, you've got to admit that the barrel's post-squib configuration
probably allowed so much leverage you could unscrew it by hand (in glove).
Nope, I tried for shipping. In fact, when they returned it I could see the marks on the barrel from whatever they used to unscrew it. I can't believe they scratched the barrel. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom