• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Branca's Law of Self Defense Blog

MaverickNH

NES Member
Andrew?s Blog

He's ba-ack! I attended a seminar presented by Andrew Branca in the later 90s at SIGArms on NH/MA/Federal gun laws. The seminar was excellent, as was the 1st Edition of his Law of Self Defense book - I'm sure his pending 2nd Edition will be even better.

Hopefully, he will have a seminar again soon, although the laws will be changing at state and federal levels rather rapidly - but I'm betting on bogus new laws, injunctions and judicial rejection as the cycle for many such laws as NY state enacted.

Self Defense Law seminars are always very interesting. About 1/3 is recitation of laws - rather tedious. Another 1/3 is case reviews that leave people mortified at how they might go to jail for seemingly just self defense actions (if there were witnesses or cameras or stupid statements made by survivors...).

Another 1/6th is the usual questions (A guy breaks through my window and I shoot him, but he falls back outside - should I drag him back into the house?). And a final 1/6th are amazing questions (So I need a permit/license to carry concealed - when did this all start? -or- So I have this sawed-off shotgun under the front seat of my truck, and I need what - a tax stamp?) Never a dull moment.

And these are the honest citizens, desperately struggling to be law-abiding, but the laws are too confusing to make sense to anyone. It would be far easier to be a criminal - tens of thousands of people do it every day without getting caught. Maybe we need a seminar on that...

Last edited:
I preordered his book a couple weeks ago and am very anxious to get it. He emailed me and said I would have it towards the end of March - impressed me that he took the time to email me personally. I'd be interested in a seminar if he put one on as well.

Back
Top Bottom