Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

Message from BRPC President

The club has been re-open since May 25 with certain restrictions in accordance with the state mandated guidelines and in an effort to insure the safety, health and well-being of our members and in an effort to limit potential exposure to Covid-19. The executive board has upgraded the club rules to allow guest as follows.

GUESTS will be allowed. One shooting guest per month will be strictly enforced. Guests must fill out the guest register. Visitor badges must be worn by guests while on the premises.
Instructors may bring one person at a time for live fire and qualification only. No class room instructions are allowed. Instructors may bring more than one student per month for live fire and qualification only. All students must fill out the guest book. Instructors must maintain a list of all students who come on to the club property to include contact information. Visitor badges must be worn by students while on premises.
  • All members must wear badges in a visible manner.
  • Safe distancing must be maintained and persons on the property may be limited.
  • No more than 10 persons at a time are allowed inside any building or indoor range. Social Distancing must be maintained.
  • No meetings will be held at the club through the summer.
  • The juniors and the JROTC will be suspended until further notice.
  • Members are required to use shooting positions as marked only.
  • Protective masks must be worn when inside any building at all times and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Persons that fail to adhere to any of these rules will be asked to leave the property. Members are not allowed to congregate in any building.
  • Range officers must be present for shooting to occur on the outdoor ranges and all club rules will be strictly enforced.
  • Hand sanitizer station will be provided for each building.
  • Cleaning will be conducted on a more regular basis to include the wiping with disinfectant of all hard surfaces in range and bathrooms. Disinfectant will be available for member’s use.
  • The gun cleaning area will be closed. No gun cleaning will be allowed on the premises.
  • No food or beverage consumption is allowed on the premises.
Updated information will be posted on our web site.

RIFLE RANGE RULE CHANGE
Positions 1 through 4 ONLY have been designated for Off Hand (standing) position shooting. The other positions will be for bench rest or prone shooting. Please be certain that bullets are hitting the target area and not the baffles.
NOTE: Seal Team Six trains at Dam Neck Annex of the Oceana Naval Air Station, just south of Virginia Beach, NOT at the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club. Shoot accordingly.

Sent out earlier this afternoon.

Message from BRPC President
The club has been re-open since May 25 with certain restrictions in accordance with the state mandated guidelines and in an effort to insure the safety, health and well-being of our members and in an effort to limit potential exposure to Covid-19. The executive board has upgraded the club rules to allow guest as follows.
GUESTS will be allowed. One shooting guest per month will be strictly enforced. Guests must fill out the guest register. Visitor badges must be worn by guests while on the premises.
Instructors may bring one person at a time for live fire and qualification only. No class room instructions are allowed. Instructors may bring more than one student per month for live fire and qualification only. All students must fill out the guest book. Instructors must maintain a list of all students who come on to the club property to include contact information. Visitor badges must be worn by students while on premises.
  • All members must wear badges in a visible manner.
  • Safe distancing must be maintained and persons on the property may be limited.
  • No more than 10 persons at a time are allowed inside any building or indoor range. Social Distancing must be maintained.
  • No meetings will be held at the club through the summer.
  • The juniors and the JROTC will be suspended until further notice.
  • Members are required to use shooting positions as marked only.
  • Protective masks must be worn when inside any building at all times and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Persons that fail to adhere to any of these rules will be asked to leave the property. Members are not allowed to congregate in any building.
  • Range officers must be present for shooting to occur on the outdoor ranges and all club rules will be strictly enforced.
  • Hand sanitizer station will be provided for each building.
  • Cleaning will be conducted on a more regular basis to include the wiping with disinfectant of all hard surfaces in range and bathrooms. Disinfectant will be available for member’s use.
  • The gun cleaning area will be closed. No gun cleaning will be allowed on the premises.
  • No food or beverage consumption is allowed on the premises.
Updated information will be posted on our web site.
RIFLE RANGE RULE CHANGE
Positions 1 through 4 ONLY have been designated for Off Hand (standing) position shooting. The other positions will be for bench rest or prone shooting. Please be certain that bullets are hitting the target area and not the baffles.
NOTE: Seal Team Six trains at Dam Neck Annex of the Oceana Naval Air Station, just south of Virginia Beach, NOT at the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club. Shoot accordingly.
SHOTGUN SHOOTING
Shotguns with shot shell can be used on the rifle range for sighting in purposes ONLY at the designated shotgun target. Shotguns with slugs can be sighted in using the 50 yard targets.
RANGE OFFICERS NEEDED
The range officer program is paramount to insure that members shoot from designated positions, use guns appropriate and allowed on the ranges, and shoot appropriately so that bullets hit the target area/backstops/berms and not the baffles. While all our ranges are designed to prevent bullets from leaving the property, costly damage can occur to our baffles and/or increased maintenance costs. As a nonprofit volunteer organization, we rely upon members to run and operate the club. Range officers are needed.
Please contact the club through the club web site at
https://brp.org/contact-brpc
if interested in becoming a range officer.
TRACTOR PURCHASE
The club is contemplating trading in our John Deere tractor and purchasing a new, slightly larger tractor for use at the club. We are looking for members with experience with heavy equipment who can assist in our selection process. We are also looking for persons who are licensed to assist in the operation of the tractor. Please e-mail the club via our web site if you can assist.

RIFLE RANGE RULE CHANGE
Positions 1 through 4 ONLY have been designated for Off Hand (standing) position shooting. The other positions will be for bench rest or prone shooting.

so... why????????

The notice made a comment about Navy Seals, so I guess the was a problem with someone negligently discharging into the baffles doing something the ROs or Fudds were itching to have an excuse to ban, "Please be certain that bullets are hitting the target area and not the baffles."

The club is overcrowded at time with the size of the membership and the outdoor ranges need to be expanded.

I also don't get why at least one of those heated/cooled parking attendant booths hasn't been provided for the RO's to warm up or cool off. The original clubhouse (why the road bends going into the ranges and there's some brick septic structure) before the current two was next to the outdoor ranges and it never made sense to me why the ROs didn't have a booth if not a shack with a room to warm up in and a single occupancy toilet.

Last I was at BR&P (2 yrs ago), we had a heated/A/C shack next to the rifle range. The town refused to allow the club to put a porta-potty up at the range. We mostly used the area behind the target shack anyway.

Last I was at BR&P (2 yrs ago), we had a heated/A/C shack next to the rifle range.

I have to be blind.

Not sure how the changes to the rifle range positions will stop people from hitting the baffles. Can’t fix stupid...

This is another case of BRP imposing a rule that punishes everyone else rather than kicking out dummies. There are valid concerns about people getting above the berms, but a rule isn't going to fix stupid. They could eventually build concrete no sky baffles. But that's a significant investment and the ranges would be down for awhile to put those systems up.

I have to be blind.

This is another case of BRP imposing a rule that punishes everyone else rather than kicking out dummies. There are valid concerns about people getting above the berms, but a rule isn't going to fix stupid. They could eventually build concrete no sky baffles. But that's a significant investment and the ranges would be down for awhile to put those systems up.
Bunch of FUDDS

Does anyone know if Braintree is still running their CMP matches on 3rd Saturdays. It's not on the club calendar, but it's not unheard of things to slip through the cracks when it comes to the website. Not sure if they are doing them this year during covid.

Best to contact Ross or Zoo (CRO) and ask. IIRC the CMP matches usually weren't on the calendar. Being such a strange year, one can't assume that things on the calendar are happening either.

Anyone know if BRP is accepting new members or if still on hold?

Their site has been saying on hold since May, and I’ve sent an email with no response.

Heard they have been closing at 930 lately... sad to see the club cave to Baker even though it is a private club. Covid is nocturnal beware and be Home by 929 to be safe!!

Heard they have been closing at 930 lately... sad to see the club cave to Baker even though it is a private club. Covid is nocturnal beware and be Home by 929 to be safe!!

Email went out last month threatening termination of membership if found on club property after 930pm.

Saw the 9.30 closing notice on the website last week and thought the same thing.

Why the club has ever altered its operations since the beginning of this nonsense has been baffling to me. Infuriating too.

I haven't been there since I dropped off my dues check in April. My preferred range time has always been late night; it's the main reason I belong to a club that's open 24/7.

Very disappointing.

Saw the 9.30 closing notice on the website last week and thought the same thing.

Why the club has ever altered its operations since the beginning of this nonsense has been baffling to me. Infuriating too.

I haven't been there since I dropped off my dues check in April. My preferred range time has always been late night; it's the main reason I belong to a club that's open 24/7.

Very disappointing.
Same here. I don't want to shoot at a crowded club. I prefer late at night... ridiculous. Bunch of Fudd's!

Yup, when they closed earlier this year I started looking at others to join instead of remaining a member as it was the 24/7 access that drew me in as well.

I know they don't give a shit about me, or anyone else for that matter, not renewing because they're more than happy to blather on about membership numbers and there are plenty of other nipplehead members who agree.

anyone try to pay their dues online thru the website? I followed instructions by typing my badge Number in. says my membership is ok and proceed to next page. asks me to enter my badge number again and amount to pay. which I do and then says invalid. there wasn't an option that I even saw to enter a credit card. just wondering if I am a dummy ( highly possible) or the site had an issue

anyone try to pay their dues online thru the website? I followed instructions by typing my badge Number in. says my membership is ok and proceed to next page. asks me to enter my badge number again and amount to pay. which I do and then says invalid. there wasn't an option that I even saw to enter a credit card. just wondering if I am a dummy ( highly possible) or the site had an issue
I was able to do it without an issue.

If you're doing it on a PC you can try a different browser. Switch from Chrome to Edge. or vice versa.

I was able to get it paid this time. I tried using a dollar sign and then 125.00 and neither of those worked. I just put 125 in the well and that did the trick. thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom