• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

There is a whole thread on this subject. Yes, many gere are members. Myself included. Two indoor 24 hour pistol ranges are handy in the winter.

Former member. Great facilities. 24/7 access to indoor ranges awesome. Downside is you need RSO on duty for the outdoor ranges. Semi new rule not sure why it implemented.

If you don't mind FUDDS questioning the compliance of your firearms or finding a babysitter to watch you fire your rifle, its a great club.

If you don't mind FUDDS questioning the compliance of your firearms or finding a babysitter to watch you fire your rifle, its a great club.

Why do you need a babysitter for your rifle? I am a new member at Braintree

You can't shoot on the outdoor ranges without a Club Range Officer present.

OP;
You have Holbrook, Standish and Hanson that are closer and you'll have more freedom than at Braintree.

Never had a problem inside or out. pistol, rifle or shotgun. Only thing I haven't tried yet is the archery range but plan to once it warms up again.

Already renewed for my second year.

OP;
You have Holbrook, Standish and Hanson that are closer and you'll have more freedom than at Braintree.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. Holbrook is top notch in my book, Hanson is nice too, Standish will take you a year, maybe a few years to get in. Not the prettiest girl at the prom, but my favorite club to go to.

I was brought there by a friend of.mine to shoot trap a couple sundays ago. It was ok. I.prefer holbrook myself but theres definitely nothing that wrong with the place

I'm a former brpc member and a current Hanson member I love Hanson no complaints at all very close and convenient but Holbrook is very nice I've shot there a few times and have a lot of friends that are members I might join there as well (while keeping my Hanson membership) just to mix it up braintree is nice but like everybody said the range officers can be overbearing at times if in the odd chance you can have the place to yourself there's a "know it all" range officer breathing down your neck while your trying to relax and have fun.

Just re-upped there. Plenty good things and a few PIAs using the outside range but even that isn't all that bad considering the proximity. The Sunday outdoor range time can be a challenge. Although Friday and Saturday outside are a lot more fun and a lot less drama.
My 2 cents! Other opinions?

A while back a bullet was found in the side of a building a few miles away [rolleyes]

With case and primer still attached!

Not quite. There were 2 or 3 instances over a few years. The last one, the bullet shattered the first pane of glass (double-paned window) on the 2nd floor of a commercial building 660 yds downrange from the pistol range.

NRA range expert is the one who evaluated the situation and made a major point that nobody should be allowed to shoot w/o an RO present, and so BR&P enacted the NRA recommendations.

Unless they recently reinstated this requirement the need to be a range member was dropped 2+ years ago.

I guess word travels slowly! There are a handful of towns with a club requirement, but Boston isn't one of them anymore.

I'm a former brpc member and a current Hanson member I love Hanson no complaints at all very close and convenient but Holbrook is very nice I've shot there a few times and have a lot of friends that are members I might join there as well (while keeping my Hanson membership) just to mix it up braintree is nice but like everybody said the range officers can be overbearing at times if in the odd chance you can have the place to yourself there's a "know it all" range officer breathing down your neck while your trying to relax and have fun.

There are only a couple of ROs (out of ~70 ROs) that breath down the neck of shooters and/or don't like to see young people with EBRs. Most of us are pretty laid back as long as people keep the guns pointed downrange and nobody handles any guns while a cease fire is called.

I just came back from a 2 hours session at BRP tonight. I also reupped again. The reasons why I chose BRP were its proximity to Quincy, cheap dues, and great facilities. For only $100 (excluding the new member fee), you get two 24hr indoor ranges and like 5 different types of outdoor ranges. I've never had any problems with the range officers at the outdoor ranges and all of the BRP members I've met were really nice. (Is there anyone named Jim here? It was nice to meet you earlier tonight). The only things I don't like about BRP are the 33' minimum distance for the indoor ranges and the lack of steel targets.

I've been at Braintree for the past year but I'm about to join up at Hanson (since I live there) and also Holbrook. I've had plenty of RO questioning me about my mags while out at the rifle range. One didn't exactly like my response back to him. But all in all BRP is a nice range and the majority of the RO are friendly and nice guys.

Braintree is where I live and I am a member there as well.....I like it. Some of the range officers mentioned have helped me in the past and have been cool. i like the indoor 24 hour ranges....I have thought about joining Holbrook as well at times but havent had the time to do all the donated hours and work etc. maybe one day but im happy at the moment

I'm a new member at Braintree . Very happy overall. RO 's have hovered at my area of the range a couple of times , but always go about their business after a few minutes. (Maybe just trying to be there for help if needed?) indoor ranges are great, good food, friendly people.

I come to the range to shoot, not be questioned on the compliance of my firearms. I am supposed to be attending a new member orientation here in a couple weeks. This statement is making me a bit apprehensive. Maybe I'll just wait and join Harvard..

I come to the range to shoot, not be questioned on the compliance of my firearms. I am supposed to be attending a new member orientation here in a couple weeks. This statement is making me a bit apprehensive. Maybe I'll just wait and join Harvard..

If you have a choice between Braintree and Harvard, pick Harvard. Much better facilities and you won't be looking at condo's at the end of the range. IIRC you can shoot up to 50 BMG there, full-auto is allowed and they have action pits.

Back
Top Bottom