Braintree CMP report.

Perfect weather, about 20 shooters. Half were new to the sport, some first timers. I felt like an old hand with a whopping three matches under my belt.

Ross Estabrooks ran a great intro session for the first timers and a great event over all. Very safe and smooth operation he has at Braintree. That's the problem with these things, they're over before you know it. Picked up some more good tips and info from some experienced shooters. Nice looking club too.

they shot the match backwards, with the 20 rnd slow prone first to let the newest shooters get a feel for the guns. Last part was the standing slow fire. They had a decent selection of loaner M1's and more than a few loaner AR's, some with heavy barrels. A couple of AR-15 carbines were on hand too.

I brought the M1A again. My goal for the day was to break 400 for the first time. Shot a 397... so close and yet so far... but probably a hundred points or more than my previous best score.

Got to meet Len S and talk to him for a bit. He was there as Range Safety Officer. Always nice to put a face with the name/posts.

Good time. I will definately go back there.

Steve

Sounds like a good time and congrats on almost making your goal.
Someday I'll make it to one of those matches.

Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting you today. Glad you had a good time.

I always wanted to see one of our CMP shoots, so it only took me ~7 years and only because I had to work it! [lol]

If you ever want the full tour of the club, give me a shout. I'd be happy to show you around. And that goes for anyone else who wants to see the place.

Derek, how come you never told John P. that this forum was your place? [shock] He was surprised when I told him. He told me that he's been browsing the forums but never registered. We need to do something about that. He'd be a tremendous asset to the Competition Shooting forum!

BTW, we just got home from a FULL DAY at BR&P! After range duty and shooting the breeze with John P. and some others, I finally got to do some shooting. It was very cold under the roof at the outdoor range (nice in the sun however), so I settled for shooting indoors and cleaning 4 guns.

My Wife joined Michael DeBethencourt for his training and RO session, then they taught them to clean the guns. [twisted] The SAS session didn't end until >6PM and I had a nice little chat with Michael before he left.

Good day was had by all.

Ready for tomorrow . . . we're heading to Tyngsboro to join Jim Conway and friends for some defensive handgun shooting.

Back
Top Bottom