• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brady on 2ndA SCOTUS Case

MaverickNH

NES Member
"The president of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, a lobbying group, also predicted that the court ruling would be "a shot in the arm" for his camp.

"The only thing that hurts our efforts is if it's an extreme decision that says you can't have any limits, any time, anywhere," Paul Helmke said. "But anything short of that - that basically allows reasonable restrictions ... I think could help the gun control movement."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/mar/17/usa.usgunviolence

The Brady Campaign is prepared to lose big, declare victory and seek more funds to continue their good works. I might send them a congratulations card [smile]

The Brady Campaign is prepared to lose big, declare victory and seek more funds to continue their good works. I might send them a congratulations card [smile]
LOL! Hey if they like dancing in the rain then let 'em. I'd really like to see how they react if SCOTUS blows the door completely
off the hinges.

True. But unfortunately they know how to speak sheep, a trade us gun owners have yet to learn. It will be nice to never have to worry about any more bans on anything gun related. Also curious to see how this plays out. If its a fundamental right, how will that trickle down to MA, CA, and other anti states.

...and after the SCOTUS Heller case was presented today, they only whimpered:

"Today, the Justices of the Supreme Court thoroughly discussed the Second Amendment of the Constitution for the first time in nearly 70 years, in the District of Columbia v. Heller case. Their probing questions, and the lawyers' responses, highlighted the complex history and competing approaches to gun regulation in our country. I am hopeful that their ruling will uphold the right of people in communities like the District to enact common sense gun measures they feel are needed to protect themselves and their families.

"One of the reasons we have weak or nearly non-existent gun laws today is because a lot of politicians, and many citizens, think the Second Amendment limits our ability to enact common sense gun restrictions. Today's arguments, however, demonstrated broad support from all sides for responsible regulations concerning guns.

"Think how much safer we all would be if we made it harder for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons nationwide, not just in a few areas."

True. But unfortunately they know how to speak sheep, a trade us gun owners have yet to learn.
Probably because the more vocal a gun owner is, the closer he/r is to being a sheepdog.
"Think how much safer we all would be if we made it harder for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons nationwide, not just in a few areas."

Think how much safer we all would be if we made it harder for dangerous people to ply their evil trade by arming the citizenry nationwide, not just in a few areas.

Back
Top Bottom