Brady Campaign's Paul Helmke on the Ed Shultz Show (MSNBC.com)

Obviously Helmke doesn't need an introduction, but I'm sure nobody other than the two-dozen people that watch MSNBC know of Ed Shultz. He's basically the Lunatic-Left version of Bill O'Reilly from what I've seen and just as annoying.

I caught the tail end of this segment when I got home this afternoon.

Just wondering if anybody wants to freely get nauseous.

Link to [STRIKE]Pravda[/STRIKE] MSNBC (via YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK4prT-KCw

My favorite cognitive dissonance moment:

HELMKE: "I don't believe (the federal tax on ammunition has) been raised since the early 50s...that's one of the scare tactics that the NRA talked about last year. Sadly the Obama administration is not talking about it..."

So according to Helmke, a (confiscatory?) tax on ammunition is an NRA scare tactic, but he openly encourages the Obama administration to consider one? [rolleyes]

Shultz began his local career in Fargo as a sportscaster for WDAY. During the 90's he hosted a talk show here in Fargo that preceeded Limbaugh's daily broadcast. Shultz was a conservative and was sinking into obscurity due in part to personal problems that he experienced. He married a woman that I know and seemed to be enjoying some stability but his career was not exactly setting the world afire. When the Libs were looking for the anti-Limbaugh, Ed saw this as a means to an end. To paraphrase George Washington Plunkett, " He saw his opportunity and he took it ". Although I have not listened to his program it is my understanding that he is loathe to allow a caller from Fargo as his problems are just too well known around here. Ed's not a liberal, he is an opportunist. Floundering he grabbed at the one chance he had and by all accounts has made good. He is still a phony as far as his philosophical leanings go but the money sure is good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom