• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brady Campaign attacks Starbucks

You got it ochmude, on one condtion it is either a GOAL, GOA, NRA or another pro 2A group mug. And we'll change the music (I like that music) to hell I dont know we'll have a jukebox that lets customers pick the songs. will that make you happy?

Should we open a coffee shop called "Shooters" where concealed and open carry is perfectly fine. And coffee sizes are 9mm for small, .40S&W medium and .45acp for large and 10mm for extra large. the only music played is country/ country rock .
So.... nothing good would come of the "Medium"?

This idea slightly reminds me of the Starbucks (or whatever coffee shop it was) in Northampton where all the Harley riders would hang out in the evening. It was pretty funny when the city began cracking down on them parking 5 bikes to a spot in front of the shop. They proceeded to park 1 to a spot and occupy every single spot in downtown for the entire night. The city got the message loud and clear.

ya I was amazed when I saw the price. I hadn't entertained the idea of it being more than $50 let alone $279!
I wish I could take the red pill and wake up never knowing about that mug....cuz I want it soo much!

Imagine taking it out of the freezer during the summer and being able to fit 2 beers in that bad boy!!!.....

“It’s everyone's right to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns,” he says, “either concealed or openly carried.”
I'm going to be the bigger man here, Mr. Helmke, and not only not try to infringe upon your right to not be intimidated or afraid, but actually encourage you to exercise those rights. By all means, do not be intimidated or afraid. No one's stopping you. There are no laws that state you must be intimidated or afraid.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.

And another thing:

Who writes this stuff?

According to them:

It's not dangerous.

It's not potentially dangerous.

But it could be potentially dangerous.

For its intention of fear-mongering, that couldn't be more lame.

Nice catch. He can't even commit to the potential being there. "There's a very remote chance for some potential...and that potential may or may not ever be met, assuming that the potential even exists, which it quite possibly may not." Wow.

The Brady campaign is right. Guns and coffee don't mix, unless you bench rest it of course.

So would the Big Box of coffee be sold as a pre-ban?

Additionally, have we thought that this might be an advertising ploy by Starbucks to reach an under developed market share? (The 21-? male/female firearm owner)

Another humiliating defeat...

Starbucks has brushed aside a request from a gun control advocacy group to ban the display of guns in its retail locations, saying it will abide by laws that allow patrons to openly carry unloaded weapons.

The national Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence made the request in the wake of a series of meetings in local restaurants over the past few months by Bay Area Open Carry, a group that hopes to make it legal to carry loaded guns in California. Peets Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen responded to similar requests by banning displays of weapons in the companies' coffeehouses and restaurants.

"Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue," Starbucks' customer relations department said in response to the Brady Campaign's request.

The head of a local chapter of the Brady Campaign was disappointed by the response.

"I don't want someone who carries a gun into a store to be making life-and-death decisions. I don't think it's safe for them to be there," said Griffin Dix, who leads the Oakland-Alameda County chapter, which has more than 500 members and other chapters in San Mateo and Contra Costa counties.

The Brady Campaign has sent e-mails to its approximately 180,000 members nationwide suggesting that they e-mail Starbucks asking the coffee giant to create an anti-gun policy.

An active participant in the Bay Area Open Carry chapter hailed Starbucks' approach.

"We definitely applaud Starbucks for allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves and we will continue to patronize them as long as they do," said Brad Huffman, who is also a National Rifle Association-certified instructor and member of Bay Area Open Carry, which lists 610 members on its Facebook page.

Huffman said Open Carry advocates often visit Starbucks displaying unloaded weapons, either during formal events or informally. The Antioch chapter of the group has had about six meetings at a Starbucks there, he said. Other meetings have taken place at a Peet's in San Ramon and in Livermore at Panama Red Coffee Co.

Open Carry has a scheduled an event today in Walnut Creek, but has not announced a location.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_14343847?nclick_check=1

Insert "Ha-ha Nelson here ------------>

Starbucks has brushed aside a request from a gun control advocacy group to ban the display of guns in its retail locations, saying it will abide by laws that allow patrons to openly carry unloaded weapons.

Huh?

I have sent Starbucks a thankyou letter. Have you guys? If not, please do so.

They need to be shown that people like me who never darken their doors will START buying their stuff because they support the human right of self defense.

They need to be shown that people like me who never darken their doors will START buying their stuff because they support the human right of self defense.

This. Even if you think their coffee tastes like s**t, we should all send them letters encouraging them for having a spine for a change.

-Mike

I sent them a letter the day this story came out. I wasn't overly nice seeing as how they didn't actually take any kind of pro-gun stand, but I did tell them that I appreciate them ignoring the Brady campaign on behalf of all of their armed customers which I am sure represent a much larger percentage of their total customers than they are aware.

I sent this:

I would just like to thank Starbucks on it's stance regarding Legal Gun owners and acknowledging their Right to bear arms by deferring to local laws. I applaud the Companies strength and conviction by not caving in to organizations that would try to deny a law abiding citizen their rights. For this stance alone I will buy a Starbucks coffee every Saturday on the way to the range.

This just further illuminates the receding influence of the anti-gun movement. Between this and biting the hand they expect to feed them (giving the President an 'F') the Brady Campaign is batting a thousand. It almost seem like they're intentionally beating their heads against a wall in order to attract headlines and donations and are making no real effort to actually push their agenda.

Back
Top Bottom