Boys, 13 and 15, charged with robbing man with replica machine gun in Dorchester

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
I believe the children are our future...

A man was robbed by 13 and 15-year-old teenage boys late Tuesday night as he walked down a Dorchester street, and the suspects were arrested by Boston police minutes later as they walked out of a nearby Dunkin’ restaurant in Edward Everett Square, carrying the victim’s iPhone, gift card, and a replica Uzi machine pistol, Boston police said.

The incident began shortly after 11 p.m. The victim was walking in the 100 block of Boston Street in Dorchester when he felt a sharp jab in his lower back, said Boston Police Sergeant Detective John Boyle, a department spokesman. “Give me your money!” the victim was ordered, followed by a new demand, “Where’s your phone?” Boyle said.

The victim later told police that one of the suspects was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and that he was armed with what the victim believed to be a gun. The suspect rifled through the victim’s pockets, taking his phone, some cash, and a black Nike gift card, Boyle said.

The suspect with the gun hit the man in the face while holding the suspected weapon in his hand, demanding the victim provide the code needed to unlock his phone, Boyle said. At that point, both suspects ran towards Massachusetts Avenue and Edward Everett Square, police said.

Officers from Area C-6 in South Boston responded and were searching the neighborhood when an officer saw a teen with a grey hooded sweatshirt accompanied by another teenager exit the Dunkin’s in Edward Everett Square located less than a half mile away on Boston Street, Boyle said.

Both teens were taken into custody at the intersection of Columbia Road and East Cottage Street - across from the Dunkin restaurant, police said.

The teen with the hooded sweatshirt was allegedly carrying a replica Uzi machine pistol underneath his outerwear and was carrying the victim’s cellphone, police said. The second teen was in possession of the Nike gift card, Boyle said.

Both teens are charged with juvenile delinquency, to wit armed robbery, according to Boyle. The 13-year-old faces additional juvenile charge of assault and battery. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in Boston Juvenile Court Wednesday.

The victim did not require medical attention, Boyle said.

The investigation is continuing.

Do you get charged more if its a toy machine gun instead of a toy semi-auto gun?

Toy or not, they still used it to hit the guy in the face and steal his stuff under the pretense that it was real. Dorchester St in the area is dark, so it was probably hard to tell the difference. I feel like if you committed the crime same as if you had a real gun, the charges shouldn't be any less.

would have been great if they got their ass kicked. I have a feeling it would not be good if you shot to youths that are model citizens with a toy gun. I can only imagine the media spin

Last edited:
We never had toy guns growing up. All the guns in my home, and my wife's home, were real. Both of us, years before we knew each other (Jill in Louisiana and yours truly in Alabama), were taught by our parents that firearms were deadly weapons and that BB and pellet guns could easily kill as well. We never allowed our own kids to have toy guns. We train them to use and respect real ones!

Toy or not, they still used it to hit the guy in the face and steal his stuff under the pretense that it was real. Dorchester St in the area is dark, so it was probably hard to tell the difference. I feel like if you committed the crime same as if you had a real gun, the charges shouldn't be any less.
But there can be no unlicensed firearm charge in the mix.

In Maine, while the commission of a crime, if you say you have a gun, ANYTHING used as a gun, becomes a gun. You will be charged with possession of a gun during the crime.

RC
Maine is also the state where they have prosecuted for possession of prescription meds, prescribed to the defendant, because the Rx expired and thus are in possession "without a prescription".

In Maine, while the commission of a crime, if you say you have a gun, ANYTHING used as a gun, becomes a gun. You will be charged with possession of a gun during the crime.

RC
That's kind of how I feel here. If that guy gave up all his possessions on him at the time under the thought they were pointing a real UZI at him, then what's the difference at that point? Sure, they couldn't actually kill him, but the lesser crime of assault and robbery is no different.

Dunkin is a restaurant the same way that Jiffy-Lube is a car repair shop. LOL

Hope they get the book thrown at them, but in Boston, they'll get sent home to mommy because clearly that's how to solve problems. . . even though being with mommy is how they got there in the first place. I always picture an urban version of the grandma in Smokin Aces with punks like this.

We used to say “The ‘hood stops at KFC.” (On the S side of Columbia Road / Mass Ave intersection). Notorious spot for drug deals.

Guess we will have to expand the territory to the Dunk’s, 200M north.

Did they get charged for having a machine gun? I'm pretty sure, in Massachusetts, replica means "duplicate or copy" so it's pretty much a real machine gun.

I can’t imagine getting hit with a REAL Uzi...dude would be in the hospital for sure.

If he shot these pecker heads, it’d be the last thing he ever did as a free man. He’s better of that things transpired as they did.

These children did not do anything to anybody.

Do we have any pictures of them from 3 years ago?

They do this to the wrong person or with a cop near by and they'll be laying on the ground with their mommies crying saying "they didn't deserve this it was a fake gun and they didn't do anything wrong".

They do this to the wrong person or with a cop near by and they'll be laying on the ground with their mommies crying saying "they didn't deserve this it was a fake gun and they didn't do anything wrong".
Just like the late Tamir Rice...

Back
Top Bottom