• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire, more info in post 88

The ski mask thing sure didn’t help. At least we know he fell out the side of the van and on out a window..

Glad the father was arrested

Yes I am. The kid made dumb 10 year old decisions (but for the Grace of God go I) and was helped by his idiot oxygen thief “dad”. Right or wrong, the kid asked for, deserved and received return fire. So he’s 10, BFD. At this rate, it’s probably better if he gets taken out before he does real damage.

Besides, now he won’t take up as much effort to bury or cremate.

Correct.

Jokes aside, I feel bad for the homeowner who shot back. I don’t want to shoot anyone, and I’m sure this guy didn’t want to either. Add to the fact it was a 10 year old, and a paintball gun, and deserved or not this spells trouble for the guy.
no offense but if you think a 10 year old deserves what he got then you're a moron. Unless you also believe 10 year old girls can consent to sex. Either 10 year olds are mature enough and their brains are fully developed enough that they can fully understand, reasonably predict, and accept the consequences of their actions, or they cannot. Interested to see which you believe to be the case.

The only person to blame here is the dad.

"My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were bitches to smack, and hoes to pay
He learned to crump while I was away
And he was talking shit 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dawg"
"You know I'm gonna be like you"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, dad?" "I's gots 3-5 in the State Penn"
But we'll get together then
You know we'll do that drive by then"

no offense but if you think a 10 year old deserves what he got then you're a moron. Unless you also believe 10 year old girls can consent to sex. Either 10 year olds are mature enough and their brains are fully developed enough that they can fully understand, reasonably predict, and accept the consequences of their actions, or they cannot. Interested to see which you believe to be the case.

The only person to blame here is the dad.

Apples and oranges. Let me break it down Barney style for you.

This kid deserved the return fire. If he died from it, he deserved it.

Since it looks like he’ll live, his punishment by the justice system should be less than an adult. Because I agree he isn’t mature enough to make responsible decisions, based on age.

If he follows his dads path, he probably still won’t have the capacity to make good decisions, but oh well.

Yes the dad is the bigger idiot.

The kid deserved what he got. Including being run over.

Where’s that damn Joker meme?

Apples and oranges. Let me break it down Barney style for you.

This kid deserved the return fire. If he died from it, he deserved it.

Since it looks like he’ll live, his punishment by the justice system should be less than an adult. Because I agree he isn’t mature enough to make responsible decisions, based on age.

If he follows his dads path, he probably still won’t have the capacity to make good decisions, but oh well.

Yes the dad is the bigger idiot.

The kid deserved what he got. Including being run over.

Where’s that damn Joker meme?
it's really not apples and oranges, it's just simply applying consistent logic. Either a 10 year old can grasp the weight of the consequences of their actions or they cannot. Simple really. You just want to justify thinking a 10 year old "deserves" to get shot because, I suppose, you're a hardo.

I'm not saying the homeowner was necessarily wrong for mistaking paintball fire with real gunfire (though I feel like anyone with an IQ over 45 can tell the difference and i'm 100% sure I'd not have shot a kid in the same situation). I'm simply saying a 10 year old is not capable of predicting consequences, weighing them against a actions supposed 'payoff', and make a rational decision. Pediatric brains ≠ adult brains and that's literally why we don't let people f*** kids.

it's really not apples and oranges, it's just simply applying consistent logic. Either a 10 year old can grasp the weight of the consequences of their actions or they cannot. Simple really. You just want to justify thinking a 10 year old "deserves" to get shot because, I suppose, you're a hardo.

I'm not saying the homeowner was necessarily wrong for mistaking paintball fire with real gunfire (though I feel like anyone with an IQ over 45 can tell the difference and i'm 100% sure I'd not have shot a kid in the same situation). I'm simply saying a 10 year old is not capable of predicting consequences, weighing them against a actions supposed 'payoff', and make a rational decision. Pediatric brains ≠ adult brains and that's literally why we don't let people f*** kids.
So if the 10 year old jumps / crosses highway and gets flatten by a semi he does not deserve it?
Not knowing he law does not make a free from jail card.

So if the 10 year old jumps / crosses highway and gets flatten by a semi he does not deserve it?
Not knowing he law does not make a free from jail card.
deserve it? No. That's called a tragic accident. I'd feel bad for him and his family. I guess I'm not enough of a hardo twat though.

I love the NES competitions for who can be the most miserable old f*** though.

I think we’ve got different interpretations of “deserve”.
Here’s mine: good shoot = deserved.

No. What if someone walks out of their hotel room at night to grab some ice and gets confused and walks back into the wrong room? Total innocent accident, but maybe the person in that wrong room thinks they're being robbed and shoots the person?

Good shoots don't always mean the person catching the bullets deserved them. Accidents happen. There isn't always a good guy and a bad guy.

Perhaps, if it's a matter of semantics that we're disagreeing on then fine.

I took your comments more as "good, f*** that kid" than how you're characterizing it here. The father would absolutely deserve a bullet to the face based on my interpretation but to me the kid is more a victim of bad parenting than anything. I don't see him as the 'responsible party' and therefore not 'deserving' necessarily of anything.

True enough, but it's the "dad" that deserves to be on the receiving end, not the son. I'll be the first to assert that much of what's wrong with the country is due to parents mollycoddling their children for decades now, but taking your 10 year old son to an event where there is a significant likelihood of him being shot at is a monumentally (terminally?) bad parental decision.

The name of that tune is "March of the Gladiators" I believe. What 10 years old comes up with the idea of a drive by shooting? Either the kid has some lovely friends,watched or listen to gangsta rap. The father isn't to far from a 10 year old himself as in I dare you to do "X" or escalated to I double dog dare. Honestly the father should bare the brunt of this to the point of serious jail time and have the kid put in foster care to be paired eventually with a family that resembles a normal family

deserve it? No. That's called a tragic accident. I'd feel bad for him and his family. I guess I'm not enough of a hardo twat though.

Please look for definition of "accident! If somebody does something INTENTIONALLY it's not an accident. Even if that somebody is young and stupid it's still an act.

What the hell is going on with the world these days? I almost don't recognize it anymore.
(I was reading the opinion scant days ago that it's far from a foregone conclusion
that the pendulum will swing back).

Pediatric brains ≠ adult brains ...
Becoming more obvious every year that "adult" brains ≠ adult brains.

The name of that tune is "March of the Gladiators" I believe.
(Believe it or not).

What 10 years old comes up with the idea of a drive by shooting? Either the kid has some lovely friends,watched or listen to gangsta rap.
What little I've read about the incident could fit the pattern of
some kind of paintball ambush fad amongst the youts.

That was definitely going on a few fads before Tide Pods.

It was in the news because (unarmed) homeowners would see the youts
prowling around neighborhoods carrying gunz, and call 911.
The cops would roll in expecting a full-on fire fight.
After that, the cops would hold a press conference telling the youts
to lay off before someone got shot.

Maybe there were a few officer-involved shootings, but shrug;
I can't be bothered to memorize every freaking PSGWSP news story.

So I can totally imagine the facts that I've read fit the above nonsense.
I'm not claiming it couldn't be more sinister -
I just haven't tripped over the evidence of that.
Apologies in advance if once again I blinked right past it.

Please look for definition of "accident! If somebody does something INTENTIONALLY it's not an accident. Even if that somebody is young and stupid it's still an act.

I bet he didn’t intend to shoot a kid with a paintball gun. That’s the accident.

Snarky remarks sooo mark you a winner in a most miserable f*** contest. Congrats!

Please read the original post before answering to something NOT RELATED

I saw your “10 year old jumps / crosses highway and gets flatten by a semi” hypothetical and that one’s an accident too, unless you forgot to mention he was suicidal.

Stupid hurts!

Yeah, but unfortunately, it hurt the wrong person here. The father is the one it should have hurt.

I'm baffled trying to figure the father's thought process here. If I ever asked my parents to drive me to someone's house to perform a drive by shooting with my paintball gun, they would have taken away my paintball gun. This dad's response to his son asking for that was "sure son, get in the car...oh and don't bother buckling up."

You make some good points, but in the part that I posted "Michael Williams, 26, told Opa-locka police his son begged him to drive by a home where young people were gathered Sunday night " and obviously it's just speculation, but if there was a group of kids there and someone yelled gun, the homeowner saw someone "doing a driveby" and reacted then realized it was a kid with a paintball gun? If you look up fast and see someone hanging out a window with a rifle aiming your(or a group of kids). Actually right after I typed that, I searched quickly and saw this, so this may be a bit more of a reason why the guy shot when he saw what was happening(bolding by me) and the kid shooting probably yelled when he started shooting although hard to tell if this driveby was the kid trying to be funny, or were there kids there that were bullying him and he's trying to get them back? Not really much as to the why

I'd be curious if the van team new the house team.

I'd be curious if the van team new the house team.

That's what I was saying, without any kind of backstory everything is just speculation. And the media sucks more than...well...not much is worse than them so we'll probably never know

Back
Top Bottom