Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire, more info in post 88

mikeyp

NES Member
PSGWSP?

MIAMI -- Thinking his home was under attack, a Florida homeowner shot and wounded a 10-year-old whose father had driven him to participate in a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun, police said.

Michael Williams, 26, told Opa-locka police his son begged him to drive by a home where young people were gathered Sunday night so he could fire his paintball out the window, according to a police report released Tuesday.

Williams drove by the home as his son fired off several rounds, police said. The homeowner confused the paintball for real gunfire, telling police he thought his family was being attacked. He fired one shot, which struck the child. The boy then lost his balance and was run over by his father's vehicle, police said.

Here's another tidbit:
The Miami Herald reports the father was charged with child neglect with great bodily harm. According to a police report, Williams “acted recklessly by agreeing to conduct a drive-by paint ball shooting,”
Good, but not enough. IMNSHO the dad, and I use that term in a purely biological sense because he's a complete fail as a parent, should be changed with attempted murder, and upgraded to murder if the child dies.

Is no one going to comment on the homeowner who returned ONE SHOT thinking he was under fire and hit his target? That’s awesome shooting. And at a small target, too.
I'd have to figure out how a person thought a paintball gun, which sounds nothing like a firearm, was a firearm and was so concerned for life and limb that they had to return fire. [rofl]

Perhaps the reason why his aim was so steady was that he knew he was in a low amount of danger?

That’s pretty unbelievable. As far as the homeowner not knowing it was a real gun he’s got about a 10th of a second to make a decision if it turned out to be one. Father’s a**h*** of the year
May be why he only got off one shot. Realized it was a paintball gun after the first pull.

I'd have to figure out how a person thought a paintball gun, which sounds nothing like a firearm, was a firearm and was so concerned for life and limb that they had to return fire. [rofl]

Perhaps the reason why his aim was so steady was that he knew he was in a low amount of danger?

Since a paintball to the eye absolutely can kill you or do extremely severe damage the fact that its just a paintball gun is irrelevant, and many states have laws about the use of a prop gun in the commission of a crime being equal to having the gun itself.

You don't have to double think the home owner, they heard a bang, something whizzed by their head, probably looked up and saw some dude with something like a gun pointed at him and returned fire.

Don't wanna win stupid prizes? Don't play stupid games.

Since a paintball to the eye absolutely can kill you or do extremely severe damage the fact that its just a paintball gun is irrelevant, and many states have laws about the use of a prop gun in the commission of a crime being equal to having the gun itself.

You don't have to double think the home owner, they heard a bang, something whizzed by their head, probably looked up and saw some dude with something like a gun pointed at him and returned fire.

They can definitely blind. And that would be a legitimate use of force. However, if a person knows they are being shot at with a marker it would be a lot faster to turn ones head 180 or at the ground instead of drawing, aiming and firing a firearm, a process that would leave you open to a lot more balls. Reminds me of the cop whose so scared of being run over that he stands in the path of a vehicle to shoot the driver. That car isn't going to stop magically.

Florida, silenced firearm makes about same noise, I hope no charges are files against home owner!
Home owner gets death sentence in MA in same scenario

This - this all over [thumbsup]

Drix I'm sure, given our shared history, that you remember the FN303 debacle in Boston... some of the FX prototypes basically used a classic valve dialed up to "f*** it, it still resets" and were arguably more lethal (but still "less lethal") than the final production model, with or without liquid cO2 introduced to the system. Even at 290-300 we've seen disasters... an off the shelf cheapo paintball marker is as deadly a weapon, or more, than most other things someone might come at you with.

...other than maybe a half empty plastic bottle. Maybe.

Florida, silenced firearm makes about same noise, I hope no charges are files against home owner!
Home owner gets death sentence in MA in same scenario
Whew, broke out the goal posts mover on this one. Now it could be a silenced firearm, you know, because of the rash of drivebys with silenced firearms. [rofl]

The homeowner can just use the "I have no idea whats going on so I shot" defense. And it would be legit legally most likely. It's mega shit tier firearms owner buschleuge stuff, but it would work.

Homeowner will presumably be at a local fireworks display and return fire in the direction of the display [rofl]

This - this all over [thumbsup]

Drix I'm sure, given our shared history, that you remember the FN303 debacle in Boston... some of the FX prototypes basically used a classic valve dialed up to "f*** it, it still resets" and were arguably more lethal (but still "less lethal") than the final production model, with or without liquid cO2 introduced to the system. Even at 290-300 we've seen disasters... an off the shelf cheapo paintball marker is as deadly a weapon, or more, than most other things someone might come at you with.

...other than maybe a half empty plastic bottle. Maybe.
The FN 303 isnt a paintball gun, though. Nor does it fire what any normal person would consider a paintball.

303's are gone for a reason. They are dangerous, have shit accuracy and are nothing but problems.

I feel badly for the kid for having such an idiot for a father. Ten year old kids should know better but it's the father's job to tell him that it is a terrible and unacceptable idea to go light up a house with a paintball gun. I also feel badly for the homeowner. If I were in his shoes I'd feel like shit. I'd like to say he should have probably held his fire until he was a little more sure of what was going on but I wasn't there so I can't really comment on that. For all I know it may have really seemed like he was under attack.

Back
Top Bottom