Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire, more info in post 88

I'm having trouble visualizing the running over his own kid part. How the heck does that happen?

I wonder too they make it sound like he fell out the window after being shot. Did they do a slow drive by or a fast drive by? They could’ve gone that fast if the homeowner took the kid out so easily..I have to wait to see the video if it exists

I pictured the kid getting out of the car to shoot, and then the dad driving off (and over him) when the homeowner came out blazing. Where's a ring doorbell cam when you need one?

In mass a shod foot is a lethal weapon, and people have been killed by paintball guns. So yes, good shoot.

Zero sympathy for anyone but the guy who shot the kid, unless he can sue for the cost of the bullet

Hate to break the news, but I could kill someone with my barefoot. Instead of using a steel toe you can use the heel. Most of the shit in the room I'm in right now is a "leathal weapon." The term is nearly meaningless.

Good job outing yourself with the cost of the bullet thing. You know who did that? The PRC. Some of the most evil people to rule in our lifetime.

"GOOD SHOOT! [of child]" followed by cliche Communist Party of China slogan. [rofl]

anything else you'd like to state? Jesus Christ.

Food for thought for those paintball players out there. Frozen paintballs are evil and you’re telling me you’ve never shot marbles out of a paintball gun?
I know more than one person that’s been blinded

Food for thought for those paintball players out there. Frozen paintballs are evil and you’re telling me you’ve never shot marbles out of a paintball gun?
I know more than one person that’s been blinded
wow all these people you know should of been shot dead /s

Being shot dead isn’t a requirement to defend yourself....What are you supposed to wait until you’re dead to defend yourself? Or gerviously injured...

Nope

Being shot dead isn’t a requirement to defend yourself....What are you supposed to wait until you’re dead to defend yourself? Or gerviously injured...

Nope

I'd love to have a real conversation about fighting, use of force, etc, but we're currently at the stage where we're accidentally using draconian hard core communist social control slogans on other Americans. The reason is simple. Justice boners. And by boners, I mean erections.

I’m not a fighter, just a lover😘

Legal use of force varies by state. The best thing to do is keep yourself out of a dumb situation but that’s pretty hard when it comes right to your house. So you want to try and avoid that too...

When you asked for trouble you usually get it. I’m guilty of that myself

I definitely didn’t make many friends with all the nonsense with my neighbors...But at the same time The ones I did make are great people

No one is saying the 10-year-old deserved it that doesn’t make the shooter wrong. The fact that he got his father to take them on a drive by is ridiculous it’s not like he was shooting houses or shooting signs which is still inappropriate.

Yes I am. The kid made dumb 10 year old decisions (but for the Grace of God go I) and was helped by his idiot oxygen thief “dad”. Right or wrong, the kid asked for, deserved and received return fire. So he’s 10, BFD. At this rate, it’s probably better if he gets taken out before he does real damage.

Besides, now he won’t take up as much effort to bury or cremate.

Tuna was saying he only had sympathy for the homeowner, which implies that the kid deserved it.

Correct.

Jokes aside, I feel bad for the homeowner who shot back. I don’t want to shoot anyone, and I’m sure this guy didn’t want to either. Add to the fact it was a 10 year old, and a paintball gun, and deserved or not this spells trouble for the guy.

I'd have to figure out how a person thought a paintball gun, which sounds nothing like a firearm, was a firearm and was so concerned for life and limb that they had to return fire. [rofl]

Perhaps the reason why his aim was so steady was that he knew he was in a low amount of danger?
My .300 blk suppressed SBR sounds just like a paintball gun!

We don't have enough information, you are right. I'd say we have about as little as possible. Classic 21st century media, no?

One thing I see on NES all the time is people seemingly interested in taking hard stances on shit scenarios like this with little information. We know the 10 year old is 10 years old, so I'm not going to hold him up to any standard that would make him think he was putting his life, or anyone elses in danger. The father is also, no doubt, a dummy. But what about John Rambo out front? Is he a good dude? 100% level headed? I have no idea. I do know that there appears to be a chance that hes not much better than the father. Could be wrong, hope I'm wrong. But I'm not about to give him a slap on the back for defending himself in a situation that may not of even called for it.

Guns are serious business. people should use them when they have to, and only then. The results are drastic. Did this guy know what he was shooting at? Who he was shooting at? Why he was shooting? Who the people in the car where? Were there more people in the car would could get out and take care of the failed drive by attempt? We have no idea. All we know is awful father has poor son do stupid thing and guy shoots. Pretty shitty. And not enough info. No where close.

Using lethal force for a paintball gun is almost definitly appropriate from the technical point of view of the law. However, it's hard to think of any instances of that actually being a thing. This is the 1st case I can recall where a person with a paintball gun was shot by another person (whose not a cop). I personally think a person using leathal force to fend off a driveby paintballing (assuming they know whats going on) is a little to much. For the record I've seen people shot in the eye unprotected with paintballs and as we know, it's not good. I've also used FN 303's, and those are so far removed from paintball guns that they have no business being associated.

Living in some of these bad areas you get to understand that when these kids are raised feral they are not the ten year old kids you might be used to.
There are more and more of them being raised with zero concept of moral human behavior .
Not too long ago there was a 12 year old and a thirteen year old that shot and killed a young mother pushing a stroller because she wouldn't give then a cigarette , then posted a video on facebook or twitter (Don't remember which ) telling the story and laughing about it while flashing the gun.
Now this week a couple of 13 and 14 year olds opened up on cops with an AK.

It's easy to Monday morning quarter back the shit out of the guy's decision, but thinking "Oh it's a kid and a kid would never shoot me. " might end up with your kids being raised fatherless.
I know I have no desire to be a sacrifice on the altar of PC .
Edited to add, do we know the guy was even aware it was a ten year old kid or was it just an arm out a window holding what appeared to be a gun ?

Last edited:
10 year old boy with 26 year old
26 year olds are still children these days
Had my first daughter at 15 (mom was 17). She has graduated from the University of South Carolina and is on her way in her career at 23 and doesn’t have any kids. Not all young fathers are shitbags like this one fortunately.

Jokes aside it’s kind of easy to imagine how this went down.

Homeowner having a gathering in his yard (cookout/friends/loud/drinks flowing/music playing/whatever), he may not even be seeing this car drive up, and as they start taking rounds (fortunately and unfortunately in this case only paintballs) things are getting knocked off of tables as the balls hit maybe, a guest or two gets hit somewhere (leg, ass, back, whatever) and they have no idea what with except that it hurt like hell and when they turned they then see someone pointing some kind of firearm out of a vehicle at them, and they all start panicking thinking they’re being shot like all the incidents that they’ve seen on tv. Homeowner returns fire. All in about 10 seconds and it was probably over before they even realized it was paintballs.

Sad story for the kid, but unless there’s more to the story it’s hard for me to blame the guy for returning fire. Shit happens fast and if people around you are yelling ‘I’ve been shot!’ or ‘he’s shooting at us!’ it would be tough to hold off in the slim chance that it’s just a ten year old and his idiot father playing a dangerous game of stranger paintball assassin.

I’d just chalk it up to FLA and move on.

More details.

Michael Williams, 26, allegedly gave in to his son’s pleas late Sunday to take him on a paintball “drive-by shooting,” where police said the boy fired off the unlethal rounds into a crowd gathered in the front yard of an Opa-locka home, the Miami Herald reported.

But the homeowner, identified as Gregory Barns, thought the gunfire was real and that “he and his family were under attack” — leading him to return fire with a real round, striking the boy, police said.

The youngster, who was not publicly identified, was then run over by his father’s van after being shot and losing his balance, police said.

Williams told the station that a group of neighborhood kids were running around and shooting paintballs at each other.

Another child said the group ended up in front of the home where Williams’ son was shot.

“I guess the man didn’t see what type of gun it was, he just shot him,” the child told WSVN.

Neighbors, meanwhile, told WSVN that they saw the duo driving around with ski masks on.

“The guy riding around with kids in the car with their ski masks and hoodies on, and they were apparently shooting at people,” resident Maurice Adams said.

The 10yo will recover.

“The homeowner confused the paintball for real gunfire, telling police he thought his family was being attacked”

Any jury will look at that closely. If the guy had his own kids in the yard, and was acting to protect them from drive by shooter, I think he’ll get a pass. Protecting young children provides additional sympathy from cops, judges, DA’s and juries, no question.

I love the reporting of how paintballs are “non-lethal”...But then every time some kid commit suicide with a pellet gun there’s new laws about it..

We don't have enough information, you are right. I'd say we have about as little as possible. Classic 21st century media, no?

One thing I see on NES all the time is people seemingly interested in taking hard stances on shit scenarios like this with little information. We know the 10 year old is 10 years old, so I'm not going to hold him up to any standard that would make him think he was putting his life, or anyone elses in danger. The father is also, no doubt, a dummy. But what about John Rambo out front? Is he a good dude? 100% level headed? I have no idea. I do know that there appears to be a chance that hes not much better than the father. Could be wrong, hope I'm wrong. But I'm not about to give him a slap on the back for defending himself in a situation that may not of even called for it.

Guns are serious business. people should use them when they have to, and only then. The results are drastic. Did this guy know what he was shooting at? Who he was shooting at? Why he was shooting? Who the people in the car where? Were there more people in the car would could get out and take care of the failed drive by attempt? We have no idea. All we know is awful father has poor son do stupid thing and guy shoots. Pretty shitty. And not enough info. No where close.

Using lethal force for a paintball gun is almost definitly appropriate from the technical point of view of the law. However, it's hard to think of any instances of that actually being a thing. This is the 1st case I can recall where a person with a paintball gun was shot by another person (whose not a cop). I personally think a person using leathal force to fend off a driveby paintballing (assuming they know whats going on) is a little to much. For the record I've seen people shot in the eye unprotected with paintballs and as we know, it's not good. I've also used FN 303's, and those are so far removed from paintball guns that they have no business being associated.

You make some good points, but in the part that I posted "Michael Williams, 26, told Opa-locka police his son begged him to drive by a home where young people were gathered Sunday night " and obviously it's just speculation, but if there was a group of kids there and someone yelled gun, the homeowner saw someone "doing a driveby" and reacted then realized it was a kid with a paintball gun? If you look up fast and see someone hanging out a window with a rifle aiming your(or a group of kids). Actually right after I typed that, I searched quickly and saw this, so this may be a bit more of a reason why the guy shot when he saw what was happening(bolding by me) and the kid shooting probably yelled when he started shooting although hard to tell if this driveby was the kid trying to be funny, or were there kids there that were bullying him and he's trying to get them back? Not really much as to the why

OPA-LOCKA, Fla. – A Miami man has been arrested after authorities said he agreed to take his 10-year-old son to shoot up a home in Opa-locka with a paintball gun.

The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of Rutland Street.

According to an arrest report, the boy asked his father, Michael Williams, 26, to drive him to that specific location and Williams agreed to the request.

Police said the boy opened the side door to the van his father was driving and began shooting paint balls into a crowd of people that were gathered in the front yard, including children.

Last edited:
Kid was leaning out the window, got shot, fell out and his legs got ran over by the rear wheels, dad then throws him back in the van and drives home. Mom called 911 to get her son medical help.

This article says there were several kids in the van wearing ski masks and shooting. The dad claims the kids were playing in the street.

Last edited:
There's so many things we don't know. Is this a bad neighborhood? Was he carrying the gun or did he run in to retrieve it?? Just imagine a van rolling up door slides open, ski masks, couple pops, some red paintballs splatter, you don't know what's going on. In a couple seconds you draw and shoot. This guy might practice this very scenario where he lives all the time. Stupid parents make stupid kids.

Wearing face masks and hoodies, driving around in a van shooting at people and into crowds???????? Father AND kid are both shitbags.

There's so many things we don't know. Is this a bad neighborhood? Was he carrying the gun or did he run in to retrieve it?? Just imagine a van rolling up door slides open, ski masks, couple pops, some red paintballs splatter, you don't know what's going on. In a couple seconds you draw and shoot. This guy might practice this very scenario where he lives all the time. Stupid parents make stupid kids.

Lol there are plenty of things we don’t know here. “Is Opa-Locka a bad neighborhood?” is not one of them. It’s bad. Real bad.

Back
Top Bottom