• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boy shot after man returns paintball fire with real gunfire, more info in post 88

I feel terrible for this kid. If he makes it, he's in for a miserable, painful life.
i have less sentiments and love to humanity, so, sorry, just do not feel much about people who shoot at my house.
my take - a gangsta family went to 'muscle' other kids in class, and got shot by a bigger gangsta.

my kids did not do drive-by shootings. did yours? end of story.

Beat me to it, but it should have been the "father" who was eliminated. The kid was being a stupid kid, what's the 26 year old's excuse?

images (31).jpeg

I realize the kid is only 10 but I'm pretty sure that their ROMs were being close to burned into being a lifelong loser anyways... so why not free up some more oxygen.... (yes im going straight to hell)

Then again stepping back given the circumstances that sounds like a retard hoedown and it's too bad they didn't all have guns and all simultaneously kill one another so everyon÷)e else wouldn't have to deal with the garbage after.

I used to be one of those faith in humanity people but everywhere I look there are oxygen thieves. All 3 of those people probably had to carry a placard that told them how to breathe.

I will give the ten-year-old slack in the respect that there's a slim possibility that he could have grown out of it.... that is sort of a shame.

I almost made it a whole day not interacting or reading about stupid people. Better luck tomorrow.

Whenever i read clown world stories like this, something like this basically starts playing in my head. Except freak shows are no longer just at the carnival/circus....

View: https://youtu.be/SFgqDSBba1g

The FN 303 isnt a paintball gun, though. Nor does it fire what any normal person would consider a paintball.

303's are gone for a reason. They are dangerous, have shit accuracy and are nothing but problems.
We all know that the news can't figure out what a assault rifle is, you really going to believe them when they say paintball gun? Could have just as easily been one of those LEO pepperball pistols as much as a Ego or Timmy.

Either way though, the city this happened in is one of the worst for crime in America, chances of being a victim of violent crime in Opa-locka are 1:49, where the Florida average is 1:264

Drive-by shootings were pretty common in L.A. when I was out the in the 80s. You avoided sitting at a bus stop and always kept your head on a swivel. These idiots making a game out of it deserve what they get. I feel somewhat bad for the kid but his bio dad needs to be out of society. Mother is probably a pissah too.

We all know that the news can't figure out what a assault rifle is, you really going to believe them when they say paintball gun? Could have just as easily been one of those LEO pepperball pistols as much as a Ego or Timmy.

Either way though, the city this happened in is one of the worst for crime in America, chances of being a victim of violent crime in Opa-locka are 1:49, where the Florida average is 1:264

We don't have enough information, you are right. I'd say we have about as little as possible. Classic 21st century media, no?

One thing I see on NES all the time is people seemingly interested in taking hard stances on shit scenarios like this with little information. We know the 10 year old is 10 years old, so I'm not going to hold him up to any standard that would make him think he was putting his life, or anyone elses in danger. The father is also, no doubt, a dummy. But what about John Rambo out front? Is he a good dude? 100% level headed? I have no idea. I do know that there appears to be a chance that hes not much better than the father. Could be wrong, hope I'm wrong. But I'm not about to give him a slap on the back for defending himself in a situation that may not of even called for it.

Guns are serious business. people should use them when they have to, and only then. The results are drastic. Did this guy know what he was shooting at? Who he was shooting at? Why he was shooting? Who the people in the car where? Were there more people in the car would could get out and take care of the failed drive by attempt? We have no idea. All we know is awful father has poor son do stupid thing and guy shoots. Pretty shitty. And not enough info. No where close.

Using lethal force for a paintball gun is almost definitly appropriate from the technical point of view of the law. However, it's hard to think of any instances of that actually being a thing. This is the 1st case I can recall where a person with a paintball gun was shot by another person (whose not a cop). I personally think a person using leathal force to fend off a driveby paintballing (assuming they know whats going on) is a little to much. For the record I've seen people shot in the eye unprotected with paintballs and as we know, it's not good. I've also used FN 303's, and those are so far removed from paintball guns that they have no business being associated.

The FN 303 isnt a paintball gun, though. Nor does it fire what any normal person would consider a paintball.

303's are gone for a reason. They are dangerous, have shit accuracy and are nothing but problems.
Funny thing the prototypes are. I know both of the inventors personally (Forrest from Armson better than Tom granted) and own both a 303 and an FX predecessor which is essentially a highly modified automag with a tubular feeding system. I would rather take the hit from a 303 than its rotating mag tube grandaddy.

Funny thing the prototypes are. I know both of the inventors personally (Forrest from Armson better than Tom granted) and own both a 303 and an FX predecessor which is essentially a highly modified automag with a tubular feeding system. I would rather take the hit from a 303 than its rotating mag tube grandaddy.

The projectile is what sets it apart. As I pointed out. You know it. I know it. Why take this out of context?

I think some people here are forgetting the actual shooter was the victim of the crime. Well I can make a lot of excuses for a 10-year-old. Under his fathers supervision he’s the one who’s liable. Who’s to say the gunshot even killed the kid he ran his own son over

I think some people here are forgetting the actual shooter was the victim of the crime. Well I can make a lot of excuses for a 10-year-old. Under his fathers supervision he’s the one who’s liable. Who’s to say the gunshot even killed the kid he ran his own son over
The kids the victim.

The victim of what crime though? Assault with a paintball gun? Does that justify lethal force, misidentification of the weapon aside? I think the point is that he maybe should have known he wasn't taking bullets when he shot the 10 year old.

And I think the 10 year is alive. Tired, but alive.

I think the point is that he maybe should have known he wasn't taking bullets when he shot the 10 year old.
true, it is what the MA laws and mentality are, so true. sounds like your house is getting shot at - then step out, expose yourself, get shot yourself first, make a timestamped photo of a bullet wound, then proceed to return fire, making sure you hit the front/chest, not the back. then explain why you did not shoot the legs, if you`ve managed to hit the chest.
upon commencing your defence - preferably - just shoot yourself dead.

The kids definitely a victim of his father’s incompetence. But shooting at somebody with a paintball gun justifies lethal force in a lot of states even if you know it’s only paintball gun.

Father is at fault here. Had the kids done himself with some buddies you might make the case that they didn’t know any better. I just don’t see the homeowner in the wrong..

I need both my eyes and in my opinion it would justify lethal force even knowing it’s a paintball gun. Against a 10 year old...meh...The police did you recently shoot that young girl. Mind you she was armed with a shotgun. Shotgun could take her out just as easy as a paintball gun and vice versa

The victim of what crime though? Assault with a paintball gun? Does that justify lethal force, misidentification of the weapon aside?

In mass a shod foot is a lethal weapon, and people have been killed by paintball guns. So yes, good shoot.

Zero sympathy for anyone but the guy who shot the kid, unless he can sue for the cost of the bullet.

In mass a shod foot is a lethal weapon, and people have been killed by paintball guns. So yes, good shoot.

Zero sympathy for anyone but the guy who shot the kid, unless he can sue for the cost of the bullet.

People have been killed by cassowarys too (thanks TPNES: Cassowary - Wikipedia), but that doesn't mean that it's right to kill someone running at you carrying a cassowary.

You can say the 10 year old deserved it, and maybe he did - I wasn't there - and you can say that the homeowner was legally justified in shooting at the kid under local law, but that doesn't necessarily mean that shooting him was the right or reasonable thing to do. As usual, we don't have enough details to render a verdict, but anytime a kid gets shot because the adults around them suck it's a sad situation.

People have been killed by cassowarys too (thanks TPNES: Cassowary - Wikipedia), but that doesn't mean that it's right to kill someone running at you carrying a cassowary.

You can say the 10 year old deserved it, and maybe he did - I wasn't there - and you can say that the homeowner was legally justified in shooting at the kid under local law, but that doesn't necessarily mean that shooting him was the right or reasonable thing to do. As usual, we don't have enough details to render a verdict, but anytime a kid gets shot because the adults around them suck it's a sad situation.

No one is saying the 10-year-old deserved it that doesn’t make the shooter wrong. The fact that he got his father to take them on a drive by is ridiculous it’s not like he was shooting houses or shooting signs which is still inappropriate.

If someone started shooting at me with one of those handheld pellet guns I would definitely them shoot him back...I’m not saying it’s legal or moral but it’s exactly what would happen..

At first I thought I quoted the wrong link but I think I just took what you said out of context. Between that and the level of sarcasm we have here..It’s not always easy to tell but we do run into a lot of victim blaming. No one can blame a 10 year old kid for being stupid it’s not like he was intending to hurt Anybody and he doesn’t know any better. If getting shot wasn’t bad enough and enough of a lesson getting run over was sure unnecessary..

What a shit show

Edit...I am kind of making excuses for this kid I had my first 22 at seven...

Back
Top Bottom