Boy Finds Live Grenade While Magnet Fishing

I think if God was watching over him he would have pulled up something better...like the first of dozens of gold bars.

Pin gone, spoon gone... dud or dummy.

Uhhhh. . . . . .
You know of a magnet that will pick up gold ???

View attachment 333882

Zappa has restored my faith in NES. Too you guys long enough. LOL

I'd love one of those brass magnets for shooting. Sure would make clean-up easier.

That thing if live was gone off as much is it was going too.
I don't think I'd care to juggle it , but pants soiling would be a little over the top.

I think if God was watching over him he would have pulled up something better...like the first of dozens of gold bars.

Pin gone, spoon gone... dud or dummy.

If he pulled up gold with a magnet I'd agree God was watching over him.

That looks like an inert grenade. The spoon is gone so it would have exploded if it was live.

Yup, you used to be able to buy the green ones surplus from the army navy store as well. They're not all blue.
Mine is green, but the spoon is blue.
I have a nice pump filter. I’m just concerned about a source. I also have a river nearby, but going out has its own problems

The M69 is the practice grenade for the M67. The M69 by standard is painted light blue with white lettering. If you guys have grenades that are painted the wrong color, it's because they weren't in the military supply chain and or were repainted by someone else. These things are intentionally painted colors for visual identification.

Light blue = training aide.

The M69 is the practice grenade for the M67. The M69 by standard is painted light blue with white lettering. If you guys have grenades that are painted the wrong color, it's because they weren't in the military supply chain and or were repainted by someone else. These things are intentionally painted colors for visual identification.

The box of grenades my uncle left when he passed away had green ones. They didn't blow up when I disassembled them (I found a youtube video on how to do it) so I guess they were practice grenades. Plus the stinky powder inside was white, not black so it couldn't have been real gun powder.

I was NCOIC for the main gate at Camp Comanche in Bosnia. A VW Golf pulls up and a Bosnian civilian motions us out to his car. Call my interpreter and the civilian shows us a Soviet bloc grenade pouch he pulled up fishing in the river down the road caked in mud. I wipe off the mud and open the pouch and low and behold 3 Russian grenades with pins intact. We thank him, instruct him to place the grenade pouch in the unexploded ordinance bunker out front( a concrete pipe outside filled with dirt) and called EOD. Two EOD guys come down with 50. CAL ammo can, open pouch, pull out grenades, place them in ammo can and drive off. Just another day in paradise.

The box of grenades my uncle left when he passed away had green ones. They didn't blow up when I disassembled them (I found a youtube video on how to do it) so I guess they were practice grenades. Plus the stinky powder inside was white, not black so it couldn't have been real gun powder.
Powder inside? Wat?

Powder isn't used in practice grenades.

Well, I tossed it in the wood stove. Stuff burned hot enough to make the stove red! Sort of glad I took it out of the containments first.

During WWII, my dad ran across some German dynamite. Some was intact, some damaged. He lit a little fire, and was happily burning the broken sticks. "Sergeant, what are you doing?"

"Burning dynamite, Lieutenant. Want to throw some in?"

He was left in peace. [laugh]

During WWII, my dad ran across some German dynamite. Some was intact, some damaged. He lit a little fire, and was happily burning the broken sticks. "Sergeant, what are you doing?"

"Burning dynamite, Lieutenant. Want to throw some in?"

He was left in peace. [laugh]

It was probably RDX which can burn. That stuff off gases some nasty shit.

Pin pulled, handle spoon gone, and even I can see that the little flapper thingy has come around and hid the detonator. So either it's a long time ago dud or it was an inert the whole time. Probably the latter. Regardless, what's the big deal, drop it back in and walk away. And dad was special forces and couldn't tell this? I'm thinking not so special.
FIFY

I thought the light blue ones were painted that color to match the helmets of the UN Peacekeeper troops, who aren't trusted to carry real grenades.

I thought the light blue ones were painted that color to match the helmets of the UN Peacekeeper troops, who aren't trusted to carry real grenades.

Don't let the color of the helmet make you think the people under them arent hard dicks.

Two EOD guys come down with 50. CAL ammo can, open pouch, pull out grenades, place them in ammo can and drive off. Just another day in paradise.
I've seen EOD walk away with various types of dud or non-functioning ordnance.
The one thing they would not mess with was an M72 LAW that had misfired.
The tech very carefully up walked up and placed a block of C4 next to it, then lit the time fuse.

Back
Top Bottom