• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boy, 6, is shot and killed in car booster seat 'after his mother gave other driver the finger on California freeway for cutting her off'

Reptile

NES Member
  • Child was killed by a bullet while riding in the back of his mother's Chevy sedan on State Route 55 in Orange, California, Friday morning
  • Police say gunman who was seen traveling in white car is still at large
  • Good Samaritans who stopped to help say they were told by the mother she had flipped off the driver of the white car for cutting her off
  • Person in white car followed her and allegedly opened fire, with bullet going through Chevy's trunk and hitting the boy in the back
A six-year-old boy riding in the backseat of his mother’s car on a Southern California freeway was shot and killed in a suspected road-rage attack, after his mother reportedly made an obscene hand gesture at another motorist.

The shooting took place at around 8am on Friday on the northbound side of State Route 55 in the city of Orange.

The gunman who fired the shot that killed the child remained at large as of Friday afternoon.

If you think about it, road rage is one of the most idiotic things imaginable. "Hold on to your pacifier, kid - daddy has to make a point to a total stranger that he'll never see again, which will probably sail right over his head anyways. We might get into a crash with or get shot at by a crazy person, but that's the risk I'm willing to take in order to prove to myself that my balls are yuuge."

Or I guess in this case replace "balls" with "tits".

Actions have consequences. The mother learned the hard way and her kid paid the price. Now she has to live with that guilt for the rest of her life. Pretty tragic.
I don't think the consequences were appropriate for her actions. If I got shot at every time I gave someone the finger I would have been dead 25 years ago.

I don't think the consequences were appropriate for her actions. If I got shot at every time I gave someone the finger I would have been dead 25 years ago.
Right, but you might have bothered to form an opinion about whether it was safe to do it to that particular person. There's always some risk, but it classifies as tempting fate if you are in a circumstance where you have no idea who you are dealing with and what depravity they are capable of.

You might just flip off the wrong person one day.

I stopped flipping people off when I started carrying a gun, and also realized it is pretty childish lol

I am normally the guy that smiles and waves while your flipping me off, now I'm thinking in this current world I will be 10 and 2 and just mumble what I feel to myself.

RIP little boy, 6 isn't even the surface of starting your life, sad all around.

I was road raged by a guy driving a car in Princeton, NJ. He was unhappy I was driving only ~40mph in a 35mph zone, in the right lane. He tailgated me, then shot around me and brake-checked me, before blasting through a right turn on red corner.

It turns out we were both headed to my NJ company office. I saw him park and recognized him. We chatted pleasantly in the cafe buying coffee - I never mentioned the event as he was quite an aggressive, opportunist snake 2-levels up from me in management. Clearly, he was not in a rush to get to work - just a habitual assh*le driver in a BMW.

Righto! Blame the victim!
I’m not blaming the victim — by the mother’s own admission she provoked the situation. If she kept her mouth shut, her little boy would most likely still be here. The boy is the victim, the mother was the antagonist — I’m saying my opinion is she bears some responsibility, and now she has to live with the consequences of those actions. It’s very tragic for that family. 🙁

I’m not blaming the victim — by the mother’s own admission she provoked the situation. If she kept her mouth shut, her little boy would most likely still be here. The boy is the victim, the mother was the antagonist — I’m saying my opinion is she bears some responsibility, and now she has to live with the consequences of those actions. It’s very tragic for that family. 🙁
I knew what you meant ...my Father lives in Fla he's been yelling at me for literally 20+ years about turning the other cheek....shes not to blame by any means but actions have consequences as you said.

You might just flip off the wrong person one day.

I stopped flipping people off when I started carrying a gun, and also realized it is pretty childish lol
I don't flip people off anymore, its been years since I've even honked my horn. I'm pretty chill behind the wheel. I was just trying to prove a point.

• Child was killed by a bullet while riding in the back of his mother's Chevy sedan on State Route 55 in Orange, California, Friday morning
  • Police say gunman who was seen traveling in white car is still at large
  • Good Samaritans who stopped to help say they were told by the mother she had flipped off the driver of the white car for cutting her off
  • Person in white car followed her and allegedly opened fire, with bullet going through Chevy's trunk and hitting the boy in the back
A six-year-old boy riding in the backseat of his mother’s car on a Southern California freeway was shot and killed in a suspected road-rage attack, after his mother reportedly made an obscene hand gesture at another motorist.

The shooting took place at around 8am on Friday on the northbound side of State Route 55 in the city of Orange.

The gunman who fired the shot that killed the child remained at large as of Friday afternoon.

Pretty standard in Californistan unfortunately. Road rage usually ends up with someone following you home and shooting you dead in your driveway.

If you're so much of an uncivilized savage that you have to shoot someone for giving you the finger, you deserve to be taken out of the gene pool. There's no room in society for people like that especially since he was the one that instigated it by cutting her off.

I was driving through a tunnel in one of the Boston tunnels yesterday. Traffic is stopped ahead and i start slowing down. Guy behind me starts flashing his lights at me. HUH? Was I slowing down too early? There was no where to go.

I ignored him. I don't care. I sometimes wonder what causes people to have that much angst in a situation that is not going to change. Would being one car ahead make any difference? I dunno.

Just best to avoid anything that will further enrage someone who's obviously not in control. You just don't know these days...

I stopped flipping people off when I started carrying a gun, ...
Introspection plus the privilege of a nanny-state license
to exercise a Federally-guaranteed civil right conditioned upon continuing suitability
may summon Massprudence.

May.

Righto! Blame the victim!
Consider the crystalline neutrality of Ye Olde NES Wisdome:

Playing stupid games?​
[ ] No​
[x] Yes​

I was road raged by a guy driving a car in Princeton, NJ. ...

It turns out ... he was quite an aggressive, opportunist snake 2-levels up from me in management. Clearly, he was not in a rush to get to work - just a habitual assh*le driver in a BMW.

I'm hoping with todays level of video forensics and individual home caneras and such this guy will get caught. Might just take a ton of CCTV surfing for Detectives.

The mothers inability to control her emotions got her son killed unfortunately. Sure. Don’t shoot people on the highway. But also don’t lose your shit with your 6 year old in the backseat by flipping off a car full of gang bangers high on meth on a CA freeway.

Introspection plus the privilege of a nanny-state license
to exercise a Federally-guaranteed civil right conditioned upon continuing suitability
may summon Massprudence.

May.

Consider the crystalline neutrality of Ye Olde NES Wisdome:

Playing stupid games?​
[ ] No​
[x] Yes​

Nothing to do with losing my LTC and more to do with me not wanting to use my gun and having to possibly kill someone, YMMV.

I was on route 9, keeping up with left-lane traffic at ~65. Dude comes flying up on me, and actually starts waving for me to change lanes. Unfortunately, there was a car there that I was slowly passing, so he had to wait about 20 seconds, while I overtook the car on the right, then signalled, and moved over.

Dude blows past me, and I watched him - he turned off, and I counted, "one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand...." I made it to six. That was his total gain for all that stress.

I knew what you meant ...my Father lives in Fla he's been yelling at me for literally 20+ years about turning the other cheek....shes not to blame by any means but actions have consequences as you said.
I spent 8 months in Florida last year. They're as bad as Cali. I stopped at a red light instead of just rolling through, and the lady behind me laid on the horn.

Lot of victim blaming in this thread. Crazy.
In what world is flipping the bird justificatiin for drawing a firearm?? And then shooting, at a car, on the highway, with kids in it.
That’s what I call a ****** move. (The N word)

I was driving through a tunnel in one of the Boston tunnels yesterday. Traffic is stopped ahead and i start slowing down. Guy behind me starts flashing his lights at me. HUH? Was I slowing down too early? There was no where to go.

I ignored him. I don't care. I sometimes wonder what causes people to have that much angst in a situation that is not going to change. Would being one car ahead make any difference? I dunno.

Just best to avoid anything that will further enrage someone who's obviously not in control. You just don't know these days...
I remember years ago. I was driving along, minding my own business, enjoying some metal at the appropriate volume.

Some a**h*** comes up behind me and is inches from my bumper, so close I couldn’t see anything but his windshield. It was obvious he wanted me to get out of the way but he was being an a**h*** so I just kept going as I was already doing 80.

After a while, I heard some weird buzzing noise I couldn’t make out because my radio was so loud so I turned it down. Coming from his car was a loudspeaker saying “pull over, PULL OVER!“.

At this point I realized it was a state trooper who had been tailing me, f***ing furious, for about 5 miles. I changed lanes, fully expecting to get a ticket and a screaming by an apoplectic statie. He just shot past me like a bullet and I never saw him again, he must have gotten a call right before he was going to roast me.

I remember years ago. I was driving along, minding my own business, enjoying some metal at the appropriate volume.

Some a**h*** comes up behind me and is inches from my bumper, so close I couldn’t see anything but his windshield. It was obvious he wanted me to get out of the way but he was being an a**h*** so I just kept going as I was already doing 80.

After a while, I heard some weird buzzing noise I couldn’t make out because my radio was so loud so I turned it down. Coming from his car was a loudspeaker saying “pull over, PULL OVER!“.

At this point I realized it was a state trooper who had been tailing me, f***ing furious, for about 5 miles. I changed lanes, fully expecting to get a ticket and a screaming by an apoplectic statie. He just shot past me like a bullet and I never saw him again, he must have gotten a call right before he was going to roast me.

Lol so another words you were camping [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom