• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boxing Star Arrested over Concealed Handgun: ‘I’d Rather Be Safe Than Sorry’

Reptile

NES Member
Former heavyweight world champion boxer Deontay Wilder was arrested on a concealed gun charge Tuesday and, after posting bond, tweeted, “I’d rather be safe than sorry.”

FOX News reported that 37-year-old Wilder was arrested in Hollywood around 1:15 a.m. after police found a concealed gun in his Rolls Royce.

Will he become a PP?

Better question
How far will he take the fight? Maybe he can improve CA licensing. Why shouldn't the heavyweight champion and an Olympic medalist be allowed to protect himself with the best tool available?

All this over tinted glass.
Stop for tinted glass? Why the hell were the cops in the car?

Oh. Nevermind. Guess DWB is alive an well in H-wood. "Racism" in California? It's more likely than you think.

Oh. Nevermind. Guess DWB is alive an well in H-wood. "Racism" in California? It's more likely than you think.
According to TMZ he was Pulled over for “illegally tinted glass and a partially obstructed license plate“ cops smelled burnt marijuana and did a search of the rolls Royce. complete BS for an initial stop. guy’s lawyer is probably reaming him out for taking to Twitter afterwards, even with a short tweet. Sources say he was “cooperative and nice“ during the arrest. Christ, just STFU and let your lawyer handle it dipsh*t.

Deontay Wilder spent part of his Tuesday morning locked behind bars ... TMZ Sports has learned the star boxer was arrested in Los Angeles following a routine traffic stop.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Wilder was pulled over in Hollywood at around 1:15 AM after LAPD officers claimed his Rolls-Royce's windows were illegally tinted and his license plate was obstructed.

During the stop, cops say they smelled an odor of burnt marijuana coming from his ride -- so they searched the car. Our sources say they then found weed and a 9mm in the vehicle, and put Wilder into custody. We're told the 6-foot-7 fighter was cooperative and nice throughout the whole ordeal.

According to TMZ he was Pulled over for “illegally tinted glass and a partially obstructed license plate“ cops smelled burnt marijuana and did a search of the rolls Royce. complete BS for an initial stop. guy’s lawyer is probably reaming him out for taking to Twitter afterwards, even with a short tweet. Sources say he was “cooperative and nice“ during the arrest. Christ, just STFU and let your lawyer handle it dipsh*t.

Deontay Wilder spent part of his Tuesday morning locked behind bars ... TMZ Sports has learned the star boxer was arrested in Los Angeles following a routine traffic stop.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Wilder was pulled over in Hollywood at around 1:15 AM after LAPD officers claimed his Rolls-Royce's windows were illegally tinted and his license plate was obstructed.

During the stop, cops say they smelled an odor of burnt marijuana coming from his ride -- so they searched the car. Our sources say they then found weed and a 9mm in the vehicle, and put Wilder into custody. We're told the 6-foot-7 fighter was cooperative and nice throughout the whole ordeal.
Man o man, took a millionaire dope smoker off the streets. Good job, Lou.

Street cops need to do a month on the border and see some real dope amounts. So should legislators, anyone who thinks we are winning the war on drugs.

I guess it's a DUI, but, it's legal? How do they determine DUI for dopers?:

Man o man, took a millionaire dope smoker off the streets. Good job, Lou.

Street cops need to do a month on the border and see some real dope amounts. So should legislators, anyone who thinks we are winning the war on drugs.

I guess it's a DUI, but, it's legal? How do they determine DUI for dopers?:
Doesn’t sound like he was charged with dui or for drug possession, just the gun charge. Recreational marijuana is legal in CA, and I’m sure if they could have fabricated a dui they would have. They fabricated the “I smellz drugz” so they could search the car.

i think dui for drug users is based on behavior and field sobriety tests.

Doesn’t sound like he was charged with dui or for drug possession, just the gun charge. Recreational marijuana is legal in CA, and I’m sure if they could have fabricated a dui they would have. They fabricated the “I smellz drugz” so they could search the car.

i think dui for drug users is based on behavior and field sobriety tests.

Pot is legal in CA as long you have under and an ounce. I think the "smellsz drug" is weak to search the car unless they suspected he had more than ounce. He should have kept his mouth shut, said no to searching the car and let his lawyer get the search tossed on the basis it was illegal. But then again all I know is shutup, refuse all searches and lawyer up.

Pot is legal in CA as long you have under and an ounce. I think the "smellsz drug" is weak to search the car unless they suspected he had more than ounce. He should have kept his mouth shut, said no to searching the car and let his lawyer get the search tossed on the basis it was illegal. But then again all I know is shutup, refuse all searches and lawyer up.
As far as I know, searching for something legal is, well, illegal. There has to be a criminal charge you are 'searching' for evidence of, and in lieu of a warrant, would need to be readily disposable.

I don't know of any firearms you can 'flush' or eat. So, without further information, he gave consent, knowing there was a gun in the car.

As far as I know, searching for something legal is, well, illegal. There has to be a criminal charge you are 'searching' for evidence of, and in lieu of a warrant, would need to be readily disposable.

I don't know of any firearms you can 'flush' or eat. So, without further information, he gave consent, knowing there was a gun in the car.
I think the police said that they smelled burnt marijuana, which makes me think that, although marijuana is legal, they believed he was using it while driving, which is not, which is how they justified the search. Not sure if that holds up. They said he was “cooperative” which could mean they asked “can we search your vehicle?” And he said “sure, whatever.” I’m just wildly speculating with no solid information from the articles.

The streets of LA are now much safer.
One more wealthy athlete off the streets.
Meanwhile...
MS-13-gang-members-detained-in-Belize-657x394.webp

He must have thought that he was in America. …..but being pulled over for DWB should have tipped him off.

Why wouldnt he have a CCW or body guards with them? If I had his wealth you wouldnt catch me dead driving around LA in a tinted out Roll Royce without permit and carry blaster. Not that I would want to ever go back to LA.

I have very darkly tinted windows and surprisingly I have not been pulled over for it.

My windows happen to be legal for ME to have but it would be interesting to get stopped for something legal for ME and have to prove it (document)

If it COULD be legal for someone to have windows tinted beyond the limit in state it would be pretty messed up if window tint was probable cause to pull someone over.

(I don’t know if window tint is a primary or secondary offense)

MSP charged a guy from Texas carrying recently with a *gasp* >10 round magazine … the stop started with a tail light. Lame.
Mass Leftist Donks want to make US citizens PP's

Common sense free state legislatures should create compacts that ignore convictions that violate the US Bill of Rights.

"Smelled" But did not see. You can say you smelled anything.

[rofl]
1683330551846.png

I have very darkly tinted windows and surprisingly I have not been pulled over for it.

My windows happen to be legal for ME to have but it would be interesting to get stopped for something legal for ME and have to prove it (document)

If it COULD be legal for someone to have windows tinted beyond the limit in state it would be pretty messed up if window tint was probable cause to pull someone over.

(I don’t know if window tint is a primary or secondary offense)
With a tint permit, I wonder what would happen

I bet 98% of police cars over the limit
I know fed vehicles are exempt. I drove a car with very dark front window tint, others were limo.

You literally couldn't see someone sitting in the driver's seat in full sunlight. Driving it at night, well, let's just say it sucked monkey balls.

Back
Top Bottom